PDA

View Full Version : New Post Icons

Pages : [1] 2 3

Phrost
2/05/2005 11:38pm,
From now on when you start a thread, please use the new Post Icons to identify the content/topic of the thread.

And if you notice any topics we need to add icons for, please use this thread to make suggestions.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2/05/2005 11:41pm,
I saw "McDojo", but not "Bullshido". Are we playing favorites with our words? I'm sure Bullshido doesn't appreciate that.

Aesopian
2/06/2005 12:02am,
Sorry to crush artistic expression, but I'm AdBlocking these as they appear since I find them large and ugly.

Phrost
2/06/2005 12:09am,
They're not for the sake of expressing anything artistically. As I said, it's for organization and better identification of the contents of particular threads.

Sorry for failing at intr4w3b metrosexuality and website interior decoration.

Aesopian
2/06/2005 12:13am,
I may have to Fab Five Bullshido one day.

Phrost
2/06/2005 12:15am,
Actually, as they start to show up I'm realizing I need a more standard color scheme for them... especially the _ing _un/wing chun/ving tsun/etc icon.

IzzyDaHedgehog
2/06/2005 12:22am,
Sorry to crush artistic expression, but I'm AdBlocking these as they appear since I find them large and ugly.

You could probably just go into the "Start new thread" area and AdBlock them all at once.

EDIT: Now I see they're at the bottom of the post screen as well, you could do it there too.

Aesopian
2/06/2005 12:29am,
Hoorj for http://bullshido.net/forums/images/icons/*

Poop Loops
2/06/2005 1:32am,
From now on when you start a thread, please use the new Post Icons to identify the content/topic of the thread.

And if you notice any topics we need to add icons for, please use this thread to make suggestions.

Because having topic names such as "Wing Chun gives me a boner " or "Phil elmore sucks" won't give us a good enough idea without a picture?

Personally, I don't see a point to it. But, if you really want to...

Um... a WTF one?

PL

PizDoff
2/06/2005 2:43am,
I might do what Aesopian is doing. They is too big.

Greese
2/06/2005 3:58am,
I think this idea sucks.

lifetime
2/06/2005 9:20am,
Hooray! More toys! We now get BADGES like all nice McDojos!

Lights Out
2/06/2005 12:30pm,
So it is mandatory to use those icosn when starting a thread, or is an just an "encouraged option"?

You have so much spare time, donīt you?

Lights Out
2/06/2005 12:31pm,
Hooray! More toys! We now get BADGES like all nice McDojos!

Yes, but it would be gorgeous if we had also belts like in sherdog.

Phrost
2/06/2005 1:03pm,
Umm.. the post icons have always been there. I'm just making them more specific to the website. When everything is tweaked, it'll look fine.

This is the first step in a proposed plan to actually streamline the website and cut down on unnecessary images (backgrounds/borders).

And that's a big no to belts, by the way.

Not to mention, a nifty little icon on a subject helps the brain-dead/reading comprehension impaired/lazy to chose an existing thread to post in, instead of tarding up the forums with redundant crap.

As far as the whining, give it a rest. Is it really necessary to take the time to post "r000fle I gonna ad blok them"? Just STFU and do it then, nobody cares. These icons are being added to make my life easier. If you're an int4rw3b ninja and get wood going around blocking images off websites, more power to you. But posting about it on a thread that has the purpose of introducing the new system to everyone else is like whipping out your dick and sticking it in the punch bowl at a party.

Keep your e-penis to yourself, k?

SamHarber
2/06/2005 1:04pm,
Ewww... ugly.
Could you make these a control panel option? I'd like to have the choice of being offended by these.