PDA

View Full Version : I NEED FEDBACK REGARDING "WEST WIND" SCHOOLS, SHOULD I JOIN?

Pages : [1] 2

WhataF*&k
1/26/2005 6:15pm,
YEAH RIGHT! BY NOW THANKS TO A TREAD IN THIS FORUMS I KNOW HOW MUCH $$
THAT SCHOOL IS! MAINLY I NEED A GOOD SCHOOL IN THE OAKLAND , ALAMEDA AREA, CAN ANYBODY RECOMEND A GOOD SCHOOL OR TWO OF EVERY MARTIAL ART STILE? I REALLY WILL APRECIATE THAT.

I AM MAINLY INTERESTED IN :

* SELF DEFENCE

* KICK BOXING

* TAE KUAN DO

OR ANY GOOD STYLE YOU GUYS CAN RECOMEND.

I WENT TO KICK BOXIN FOR LIKE A YEAR A WILE BACK BUT NOW I WANNA TRY SOMETHING NEW OR THE SAME STYLE BUT IN A GOOD AFORDABLE SCHOOL

(WITH OUT THE B.S.)

THANKS! ILL CHECK ON THIS POST TO READ RESPONCES.

Shuma-Gorath
1/26/2005 6:16pm,
How funny is it that this ad came up when I clicked this thread?

Support UCP today
and make a difference in the lives of people with disabilities.

PO9
1/26/2005 6:41pm,
Does this site cause popups? If so thank god for mozilla.

Zendetta
1/26/2005 6:43pm,
Don't waste your time with West Wind - textbook McDojo nonsense. I live in Oakland, I've shopped around, and here are my suggestions, in order:

Modern Combatives - functional mixed martial arts, no ego, no BS. Great guys, I train here ( a little) but have been out with an injury for a while. Solid instruction in boxing, kickboxing, brazilian jujutsu. Its an SBGi affiliate. Highly recommended.
moderncombatives.com

Cheetah Muay Thai - traditional muay thai. Some cockiness, but very good folks overall. Serious about kickboxing. I would train there if they did groundfighting..

Brazilian jujutsu - several east bay groups. Students of Claudio Franca train at "Kids in Motion", a gymnastics school on Piedmont Ave in Oakland.

Let me know what you find!

Phrost
1/26/2005 6:49pm,
No popups on this site.

And come on.. profanity in your username? All caps?

WhataF*&k
1/26/2005 6:50pm,
no, I would not trow my money and time with WW. thanks for the reply, i gonna check those places. I m really interested in something like what Sammy Franco
Teaches but again I never trained that and I don't know if that system is what it says it is, Is CFA bullS free? or they to farfetch they teckniques too. any how yea im just interesten in some practical, street aplyable stuff so i gonna check that out thank you. I live in Oakland too.

Deadpan Scientist
1/26/2005 6:52pm,
Please don't type in all caps.

Deadpan Scientist
1/26/2005 6:56pm,
Big NO to sammy franco.

WhataF*&k
1/26/2005 6:59pm,
Please don't type in all caps.

My bad if i did. my keyboard is posesed by a demon!

Deadpan Scientist
1/26/2005 7:00pm,
Good.

WhataF*&k
1/26/2005 7:00pm,
Big NO to sammy franco.

can you refer me to a link or article that talks about this man, (about the why not)
or can u give me a brief coment on why he sucks?

WhataF*&k
1/26/2005 7:06pm,
And come on.. profanity in your username? All caps?

that is the first thing it came to my mind after finding out how much west wind schools cost! and i just type it. i was still in a state of shock.

Boyd
1/26/2005 8:59pm,
I'll bet sir.

IzzyDaHedgehog
1/26/2005 9:10pm,
<-------- Grammar/Spelling Nazi who is about to start goose-stepping all over WhataFag.

lifetime
1/26/2005 9:15pm,
Trolls. They just don't make 'em like they used to.

Deadpan Scientist
1/26/2005 9:34pm,
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18467&highlight=franco

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16057&highlight=franco

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14762&highlight=franco