PDA

View Full Version : The MA of Jesus Christ

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Sungam
1/26/2005 12:54pm,
http://www.karateforchrist.com/main.asp

I like the bit in grading requirements: -

"Must have a personal relationship with christ"

"Yeah so anyway here's the note from JC proving I'm one of his bestest buddies. He's teaching me some great stuff about dovetail joints but I'd really like to learn how to hit people while converting them"

I shall slay thee with the fist of our lord.

Ronin
1/26/2005 1:05pm,
We all know that JC did Krav Maga, with some whip work on the side.

JKDChick
1/26/2005 1:08pm,
Oooo ... good stuff:

Thou shalt not accept cross ranking in arts thou hast not trained in.

Verily, I say unto thee, if Karate for Christ finds thee in sin because of these things thou shalt be removed from our ministry for our standard is higher than that or the world and to the world's level thou shalt not fall.

FHoppy
1/26/2005 1:20pm,
I'll bet the "turn the other cheek" technique isn't too popular in tournaments.

Full Point!!!

wham!!

Full Point!!

"Gosh darn, not again!!!"

FHoppy
1/26/2005 1:23pm,
Ki is not magic. It is a heightened awareness of balance and timing combined with proper breathing. Put these together with years of training and you'll be able to achieve superior technique. I've never met a Japanese who proclaimed ki to be anything spiritual or even particularly special, just a product of practicing basics for years on end. No one looks at a professional athlete and thinks that his ability comes from anything but a natural God given physical talent and the willingness to sweat and bleed until he makes the game look easy. It is the same with martial artist. When ever someone expresses appreciation for some technique I demonstrate, my response tends to be, "Any 5 year old can do it....with 20 years of practice."

I almost want to like these guys - until the Judeo-Christian mythology kicks in.

Meex
1/26/2005 2:05pm,
They even advocate to those instructors wishing to become members to start a class, possibly at a chuch hall, and not to charge a fee to students, if at all possible. kewl.

`~/

CMack11
1/26/2005 3:06pm,
http://www.karateforchrist.com/images/patch.gif

A little known verse removed from the Bible:

"And when Jesus was taken down off the cross, two tigers and a dove appeared. The dove glowed with the spirit of the Lord, as the tigers bared their teeth, maiming all non-believers."

This is the word of sensei. Thanks be to sensei. Amen.

Strong Machine
1/26/2005 3:18pm,
Jesus didn't need MA training cause he had super powers.

dramaboy
1/26/2005 4:11pm,
Jesus didn't need MA training cause he had super powers.

His crucifix defence was weak...

Tomas

PizDoff
1/26/2005 4:12pm,
http://www.karateforchrist.com/images/patch.gif

A little known verse taken out of the Bible:

"And when Jesus was taken down off the cross, two tigers and a dove appeared. The dove glowed with the spirit of the Lord, as the tigers bared their teeth, maiming all non-believers."

This is the word of sensei. Thanks be to sensei. Amen.

If you provide the verse I will gladly look it up in my King James version right beside me. In my readings of the Bible I have not encountered that.

CMack11
1/26/2005 4:27pm,
If you provide the verse I will gladly look it up in my King James version right beside me. In my readings of the Bible I have not encountered that.

I meant 'removed from', not 'taken out of'. Post corrected.

Besides, I think it's in the NIV.

PizDoff
1/26/2005 4:33pm,
So it's not in the NIV now? I can get a copy of that to check as well.

PO9
1/26/2005 4:37pm,
I meant 'removed from', not 'taken out of'. Post corrected.

Besides, I think it's in the NIV.
Blasphemer!

It is well known the KJV is the only translation that Yahweh approves.

CMack11
1/26/2005 4:38pm,
Maybe I should start including the winky face. :icon_wink

But if you want, you can check the NIV--I can't remember when it was removed. It's somewhere between Genesis 1:1 and Revelations 22:21. :read2:

Thaiboxerken
1/26/2005 4:39pm,
The Roman Soldier didn't spear Jesus' side, he spear-handed him. And he wasn't on a cross for 3 days, he was in a crucifix hold by ancient Brazillians.

AgentZ
1/26/2005 4:39pm,
I have a NIV bible and have never seen that...