PDA

View Full Version : Got "Killed" twice ...

JKDChick
2/17/2003 1:13pm,
Couple of weeks back, I'm sparring with my instructor and in the course of going from stick to knife to empty hands he "killed" me at least twice, crippled me about seven times and beat the crap out of me continuously for about twenty minutes.

Oh, god, it was great. Though that could be the Kali stick-induced concussion talking (I'm joking, it was padded when I got hit in the head).

Just felt like sharing. I seem to be rather weird.

(board breaks with a kick)
"Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."
-- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"

DRD
2/17/2003 1:22pm,
I am very glad you are in with an instructor that does a close to real world work as possible, inthat it is padded properly where needed but also done at full attack speed and scenario.

I do the same, and pray that because of it, someday one that has worked in realistic circumstances will survive a life threatening situation. Good for both you and your teacher Chick.

DRD

Omega Supreme
2/17/2003 1:55pm,
You type well for a dead person.

Go away I'm talking to myself

jkd_fighter
2/17/2003 2:06pm,
on saturday(my second jkd class) i did knife sparing, i think i died 5000 times.

Blad3
2/17/2003 2:09pm,
I can't see how knife sparring and knife defence would work well...

mystsa
2/17/2003 2:26pm,
Yeah someone posted a link to www.nononsenseselfdefence.com and they had some interesting things to say about knife fighting, don't know how reliable the site is though the guy seemed to be trying a tad to hard to come off as a bad ass, still interesting though

DanSevering
2/17/2003 2:29pm,
Couple of weeks back, I'm sparring with my instructor and in the course of going from stick to knife to empty hands he "killed" me at least twice, crippled me about seven times and beat the crap out of me continuously for about twenty minutes.

Oh, god, it was great. Though that could be the Kali stick-induced concussion talking (I'm joking, it was padded when I got hit in the head).

Just felt like sharing. I seem to be rather weird.

DEFINITELY something "S&M-y" about it...if I didn't know better I'd say you were AROUSED by the affair-- aren't you getting any at home? :D

JKDChick
2/17/2003 4:45pm,
(through clenched teeth)

Shut UP, dude. You're not supposed to TELL people that.

(board breaks with a kick)
"Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."
-- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"

DanSevering
2/17/2003 4:55pm,
Sorry-- I guess that's what you might call a "Freudian slip!" :D

(Not to be confused with an Adlerian negligee-- those are VERY uncomfortable, however, Erikson bra's and panty-girles are good if one finds need of group-support.)

"Sometimes a Kali stick, is JUST a Kali stick!"

DanSevering
2/17/2003 4:57pm,
Oh yes-- I also make home-deliveries to the Toronto area! :-)

Beneath Contempt
2/17/2003 5:19pm,
I'm beneath contempt

DanSevering
2/17/2003 5:23pm,
Your words, not mine!

Blad3
2/17/2003 5:24pm,
thanks 4 the link..