PDA

View Full Version : My Sprawls don't work.

Poop Loops
1/18/2005 11:27pm,
So I go to my first No-Gi BJJ class (3rd class overall) with my newly-bought Sprawl shorts and T-shirt. 10 min to the end of class, they let me roll with a guy who has on a REGULAR t-shirt and his gi pants. Piece of cake, right? That's what I thought. Until he starts to toss me around like a ragdoll and chocking me left and right. Apparently, I got some defective clothes. I'll have to call customer support up and complain.

PL

VikingPower
1/18/2005 11:29pm,
I know I'd be laughing at a guy who wears Sprawl gear but couldn't land one :thumbsup: lol

PizDoff
1/19/2005 12:12am,
I refuse to wear any type of fight gear until I have some semblance of skill.

Poop Loops
1/19/2005 12:14am,
My way of thinking was:

"Hmmm... I got this scholarship for college.... and I'm gonna use my money anyway, AND I want something to train in that won't rip..."

PL

Shuma-Gorath
1/19/2005 12:27am,
Bump my rashguard thread with a review please.

supercrap
1/19/2005 12:40am,
haha... it's the sales here so I bought myself a nice rash vest and some board shorts. Nothing fancy, just like my skillz.

lifetime
1/19/2005 2:39am,
I refuse to wear any type of fight gear until I have some semblance of skill.

Agree. For me it goes for uniforms, gloves, padding, whatever. I absolutely refuse to be one of those guys who shows up on the second lesson having bought all the available merchandise but who has no idea how to use em.

Edit: I make the exception for something like Bag Gloves. You absolutely need those, first lesson or no.

Poop Loops
1/19/2005 3:23am,
It's a shirt and pants. If you don't know how to use them by now, then there is no help for you.

PL

lifetime
1/19/2005 3:39am,
You've got to do good equipment justice, somehow. Looking cool in a fresh, cool uniform isn't worth **** when you look stupid rolling or fighting or whatever.

Ahhh it's just a thing with me. It just seems pretty wannabe to have no experience at something and yet buy all the accessories.

Deadpan Scientist
1/19/2005 4:01am,
Let that be motivation. Also, this thread is gay for caring about workout clothing so much.

lifetime
1/19/2005 4:02am,
Alas it seems I have finally managed to do my part in gaying up a clothing thread.

I am ashamed.

feedback
1/19/2005 4:33am,
Let that be motivation. Also, this thread is gay for caring about workout clothing so much.

Then let it be known that I'm hella-fucking-gay. It's not about skills, it's about looking good.