PDA

View Full Version : Australia and their wimpy martial artists

Kungfoolss
1/17/2005 9:43pm,
Bag snatch hearing begins

Tue Jan 18 2005

A committal hearing has begun for a man accused of murdering an elderly woman who died after her bag was snatched in Melbourne. Philip Flower, 35, who faces charges of murder, recklessly causing serious injury and robbery, appeared at the Melbourne Magistrates Court.

Beryl Bloomfield, 77, fell to the ground when she allegedly had her bag snatched after she had withdrawn money from a bank on April 28 last year. She suffered head and internal injuries in the attack on Mount Dandenong Rd in Croydon. She died in hospital the next day.

Delivery man Michael Marsden, who was a passenger in a truck on Mount Dandenong Rd at the time of the incident, told the court he saw a man grab a woman's handbag as she was falling to the ground. In a police statement tendered to the court, Mr Marsden said the driver of the truck stopped the vehicle and he chased the alleged offender.

Mr Marsden said the man told him he was a black belt and tried to kick him, but missed. The man was eventually apprehended by a policewoman, Mr Marsden said.

The committal hearing before Magistrate Frank Hodgens continues.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=28557

Kungfoolss
1/17/2005 9:49pm,
Well, I guess unless it's a frail old woman, you martial arts Aussies don't stand a chance. :icon_bigg

supercrap
1/17/2005 9:52pm,
Your news stories are boring.

Kungfoolss
1/17/2005 10:04pm,
Your news stories are boring.

:sad2:

antman
1/20/2005 7:42pm,
My firs arrest as a Loss Prevention agent, had a guy say he was a blackbelt, as I got within kicking distance, He was waying he had a gun and started reaching like he had one...

He got tackled and clobbered needless to say, he had neither.

VikingPower
1/20/2005 7:43pm,
My firs arrest as a Loss Prevention agent, had a guy say he was a blackbelt, as I got within kicking distance, He was waying he had a gun and started reaching like he had one...

He got tackled and clobbered needless to say, he had neither.

Hey you're into Loss Prevention too? Small world :thumbsup: I also do the occasional installation but most of my time is working L.P.

antman
1/20/2005 7:52pm,
Got out of LP Sears, and into Mental Health (Severely Emotionally Disturbed teens) Same whack pay, more mentally rewarding, a little safer (relatively, a lot more back up but more confrontaions and the element of Crazy ,crackbaby mutant strength), a lot less boring.

VikingPower
1/20/2005 7:55pm,
Got out of LP Sears, and into Mental Health (Severely Emotionally Disturbed teens) Same whack pay, more mentally rewarding, a little safer (relatively, a lot more back up but more confrontaions and the element of Crazy ,crackbaby mutant strength), a lot less boring.

Yeah, L.P.s boring at times but we work a large variety of different stores, not just specific ones so it stays interesting at times. Sometimes you'll get the easy days and work in the burbs, other times you're in East Liberty chasing people outside every 20 minutes :happy:

antman
1/20/2005 8:07pm,
Yeah chasing people always seemed to occur after eating lunch.. one of my most mmorable times was chasing a guy after we had an ice cream party (me eating two bowls) hot fudge and whipped cream. Notice this guy walking on his kness inbetween racks stuffing dresses into a 50 gallon clear garbage bag almost full. We make it outside at the same time, I'm running between cars clutching my stomach, cramping up. I finally get close to the guy who hops into his buddies getaway car while its moving. I reach for his shoe and rip half of my fingernail off as they drive off, then I started puking..

VikingPower
1/20/2005 8:11pm,
I hate running too, so whenever I see a runner I can't wait to get my hands on him and make him pay :tongue11: I once chased a guy through the mall who tried jumping down from the 2nd floor to the 1st, ended up breaking his left femur and his coccyx. Too many action movies for that guy :D He wasn't running anymore after that...

supercrap
1/20/2005 8:25pm,
STEVE IRWIN.

Enough said.

Wounded Ronin
1/21/2005 12:57am,
Dude, this "loss prevention" thing sounds like fun!