PDA

View Full Version : Pop goes the kneecap

SamHarber
1/17/2005 3:30am,
So... I'm doing deadlifts at the gym this morning. 55kg, taking it easy. First set of 10 no problem.
Second set goes fine up until rep 5 when my left knee twinges something chronic. I try one more to see if it was a one off, but no... the pains worse this time.
So I quit that, don't even attempt to do squats and get on with the rest of my workout.

Arse.

I'm now going to spend my time at work being productive reading KneeGuru (http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/index.html)

Judah Maccabee
1/17/2005 3:46am,
I think G-d's telling you to hoist nothing larger than pints. Between your heavy bag mishaps and this, it's like a modern day Jonah and the Whale.

Saaaaaaaaam....... thou shalt go down to the pub of the Boltonites and warn them that they have turned from Me. You shalt eat, drink, and be merry, and cheer on Manchester in a local cup victory.

"NIGEL, STOP ARSEING AROUND WITH THE BULLHORN AND HELP ME FIX THE BLOODY HOUSE"

antman
1/20/2005 7:22pm,
Sam I predict Yoga in your very near future (seriu=ously to supplement workout routine.

SamHarber
1/21/2005 2:52am,
If I had the free time....

Deadpan Scientist
1/21/2005 2:55am,
go to the doctor.

SamHarber
1/21/2005 2:59am,
Its feeling OK now. I'm going to spend another week avoiding the deadlifts and squats, then spend a couple of weeks doing them with my knees strapped up.

My knees have been dodgy for the last 10 years. Something to do with being knocked off my bike by a car...

patfromlogan
1/21/2005 3:13am,
Electric therapy stuff that physical therapists and chiropracters do WORKS. So does proper lifting and so forth. Get expert help. Please don't tough it out, man. Please?

One real old fart

SamHarber
1/21/2005 3:51am,
I'll talk to the physio at the gym.