PDA

View Full Version : Newbie...Wants your Opinion!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Anteros
1/08/2005 11:52pm,
Hi Im 21 and new to this site, just started doing research on different styles a few days ago, from what ive seen so far... two really caught my eye

1. Muay Thai - too badass, have to take it, itll really toughen me up

2. Ninjutsu - Very interested in the history and the whole practice, from meditation onwards...i like that it uses parts of judo and jujitsu as well as weapon training which can be really fun.

So im thinking of starting both of these soon, im in Toronto...mississauga specifically, so any good schools people wanna recommend would be really appreciated.

I need your advice on something though...im 5'10 at 150 with low bf...good upper body with thin legs...is this gonna put me at a disadvantage in muay thai or will it not matter?

thanks for the help

Kayne
1/09/2005 12:02am,
Your legs will bulk up with muay thai, just like they will if you spend time kicking a boxing bag. Really, whether you're going for fitness, learning how to fight, or trying to get into competition, you will probably do better with muay thai. I suppose ninjitsu would be better for the speccie factor, but just make sure that you don't commit to a McDojo.

IzzyDaHedgehog
1/09/2005 12:08am,
If you're interested in meditation and stuff, try Zen Buddhism. There's a lot of BS around ninjitsu, maybe best to stay away.

Shuma-Gorath
1/09/2005 12:27am,
Thai people are smaller than you so obviously that will not affect your muay thai training.

If you join the ninjitsu school you will be laughed off this board with good reason. Those parts of judo and jujutsu it does use are crippled.

We have a few people in that area so if you tell us the name of the Muay Thai school then someone will be able to help you out.

SMF
1/09/2005 12:27am,
take aikido so you, too, can be better than all these fucking morons.

IzzyDaHedgehog
1/09/2005 12:31am,
I'm pretty sure starting duplicate threads in multiple forums is looked down upon, just a heads up.

Deadpan Scientist
1/09/2005 12:35am,
just say no to ninjutsu

Hawkeye
1/09/2005 12:36am,
Go with Muay Thai and stay away from that ninjitsu ****. If yer looking for weapons just go with some Kali as well as the Muay Thai.

punchingdummy
1/09/2005 12:36am,
How many threads can one post the exact same item?

SMF
1/09/2005 12:37am,
they get pissed off because they lack aikido.

Shuma-Gorath
1/09/2005 12:43am,
This thread does not belong in this subforum.

Anteros
1/09/2005 12:44am,
sorry for the duplicate thread, realized this area is more suitable, wont happen again...

i can see why ninjutsu could be laughed at...but see im taking it for entertainment, i think id enjoy it, if nething id take brazilian jujitsu instead but its so much grappling and ground fighting which sounds boring ... and from what i hear aikido is wayy to spiritually based...but of course i realize what i hear could be a crock of @#[email protected] so more info would greatly help.

neway, thats why i was planning on balancing the ninjutsu with muay thai which will give me the complete opposite, practicality and toughness

of course im open to suggestions, im intent on the muay thai, but id replace the ninjutsu....i also liked choy li fut kung fu and wing chun kung fu from what i read...again im new to this whole topic, so pls shower me with nething and everything ud like, ur opinions wont go to waste....

and i was told about a great school in toronto, house of muay thai...www.houseofmuaythai.com...seems pretty reputable.

im going to check out schools in my area for all the ones im interested in neway before committing, so seeing bjj in person for example could open my eyes ...and seeing ninjutsu could close em, who knows...so im hoping to get as much info from u guys as possible

thanks again,

Anteros
1/09/2005 12:44am,
This thread does not belong in this subforum.

where would it go?

Shuma-Gorath
1/09/2005 12:47am,
Techniques and Training. Also, double-posting a thread is bad. Moderators will merge and move this one, so don't repost your thread there.

Anteros
1/09/2005 12:49am,
okay realizing i made a mistake and not wanting to start off at this site negatively, i wanna apologize for starting this post here, i made the same post in the BS forum, ill take my questions there...

thanks

IzzyDaHedgehog
1/09/2005 12:49am,
i can see why ninjutsu could be laughed at...but see im taking it for entertainment, i think id enjoy it, if nething id take brazilian jujitsu instead but its so much grappling and ground fighting which sounds boring ... and from what i hear aikido is wayy to spiritually based...but of course i realize what i hear could be a crock of @#[email protected] so more info would greatly help.

If you say BJJ is boring again I will cut you. NOTHING could be less boring. Try a class.