PDA

View Full Version : Question for the CMA 's here.

PO9
1/06/2005 5:42pm,
Any of you guys/girls heard of David Chin, Tibetan Hop Gar, Tai Chi and San Shou instructor here in Fayetteville?:5thanks:

Some preliminary searching through the internet seems to indicate he is well known for his Tai Chi.

PO9
1/10/2005 10:15am,
Bueller?

Otaku Waffle
1/10/2005 11:27am,
I'm inclined to say that the silence means "No".

Phrost
1/10/2005 11:42am,
Haven't heard anything about the guy. Did his name show up on a search here?

PO9
1/10/2005 12:17pm,
Just in some passing reference. I was asking because CMA's tend to know the player's of the game so to speak. He's well known for his mastery of Tai Chi, but I was more concerned with his san shou experience. I've seen a few one sentence claims that he teaches a lot of SF guys here (being that Fort Bragg is here) and I know a few of the BJJ schools do, so I was wondering how his san shou stacks up.

Phrost
1/10/2005 1:37pm,
San Shou is a sport. Does he fight, or does he have students who do?

PO9
1/10/2005 4:04pm,
I believe it's just students, making him more of a coach. If he's still fighting then he must have some awesome super happy lucky chi powers because he's up there in age.

Omar
1/10/2005 11:53pm,
Never heard of him. You should ask around at www.emptyflower.com

That board is more heavily Taiji and just CMA oriented.

PO9
1/11/2005 5:34am,
Thanks!

Zing!
1/11/2005 1:45pm,
I think I've heard of him. If he's the guy I'm thinking of, he was one of Kuo Lienying's students. And Kuo Lienying was supposedly awesome. There was an article in Kungfu Magazine a while back with photo sequences of David Chin doing tai chi applications on some guy; they all ended with the guy upside down in the air.

Ming Loyalist
1/11/2005 2:34pm,
i saw one of his guys fight at the us kousho lei tai championships... named keith carter, and THAT guy could fight just fine.

so although it isn't enough to guarantee that the school is good, it's at least a good sign.

PO9
1/11/2005 2:53pm,
I've been meaning to check his school out but a knee injury from running last week has prevented me from going, well at least going and participating to get a good feel anyway.