PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Yi Chuan clip.

Pages : [1] 2

Omar
1/04/2005 7:05pm,
At 19 seconds: classic "friendly version" of Ding Zhou from Xiaobaji. I say "friendly" because he is using the whole forearm to hit the guy in the chest instead of stabbing the elbow in. But that's how you apply it on friends/training partners.

I noticed the one at 15 seconds is also a very nice bagua app. Baibu->koubu->single palm change.

This is from an Yi Chuan DVD but I have never trained Xin Yi Chuan so I just pointed out a couple techs from the perspective of what I have trained myself.

edit: http://www.yiquan.com.pl/ciekawe/img/xinyi.mpg and also to reflect that it is Xin Yi not Yi Quan. My bad.

Aesopian
1/04/2005 7:14pm,
Rink prease.

supercrap
1/04/2005 7:15pm,
Hah! Crassic.

Omar
1/04/2005 7:28pm,
Oh ****!

Sorry: http://www.yiquan.com.pl/ciekawe/img/xinyi.mpg

Mouthfire
1/04/2005 7:36pm,
huahahuah

Mr. Mantis
1/04/2005 9:35pm,
I would like to add that the guy in that clip is a mean man. He just beats the **** out of all those people without even being attacked!

Aside from that, I do like some of the applications.

Jenfucius
1/04/2005 10:37pm,
too much falling down without enough contact. falling down is for aikidoists

AikidoDeadlines
1/04/2005 10:43pm,
Most of the stuff looks all right, by why does the guy fall down after the technique that starts in the 18th second in the clip? It looks like he was just pushed.

AikidoDeadlines
1/04/2005 10:46pm,
Also in the same technique, the master dude is totally open to an attack with the other guys left hand

Omar
1/04/2005 10:58pm,
The bit at 18 seconds,

Yes. It is a bit wierd how he falls down for the camera. I picked that one out as one I liked because we use the exact same tech in Baji but your right, there's no reason for the guy to fall down. I think it's just a rule for demos. The guy MUST be on the ground at the end.

On most of them though you can see where he either hooks the leg or otherwise crews with the other guys stance. I think Mantis' criticism is the best. Like most demos the "uke" doesn't attack especially well.

What about the one at 11 seconds. I thought that one was pretty cool and fairly practical as well.

Omar
1/04/2005 11:04pm,
Also in the same technique, the master dude is totally open to an attack with the other guys left hand
No he's not. First of all the guy enters from the 'outside' so the suckers left hand has his own right hand in the way. Next, he lifts up the uke's left elbow controlling his balance so he's alredy not rooted for a punch. Then when he finnaly comes in range of the left hand his elbow/forearm is already driving into uke's chest on the left side so if he tried to punch he'd just be driving his chest into the other guys elbow.

liuzg150181
1/04/2005 11:12pm,
Oh ****!

Sorry: http://www.yiquan.com.pl/ciekawe/img/xinyi.mpg
That's xin yi quan not yi quan. :5oh:

Omar
1/04/2005 11:21pm,
oops. I knew that. Thanks for pointing it out.

I'll change the thread title in a moment.

Aesopian
1/04/2005 11:23pm,
No point, since it won't change anywhere useful.

liuzg150181
1/04/2005 11:34pm,
No point, since it won't change anywhere useful.
Huh?Dont get your point.

Aesopian
1/04/2005 11:42pm,
You'll notice that the title of the thread is still the same everywhere but one little never-read spot.