PDA

View Full Version : Incredibly good/bad videos...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Gringo Grande
12/28/2004 7:26pm,
Some of these may have been posted before.

http://www.meihua.ee/video/wt2.mpeg (This one has awesome video effects, sound effects, and soundtrack *snicker*

http://www.meihua.ee/video/wtcf.wmv (Bill Nye the Science guy tries his hand at "Vogue-ing". Complete with techno music. Can you catch "teh deadly eye gouge" at 1:12? At 2:33 see WTBJJ as he gets "teh deadly RNC"...which undoubtdedly has been passed down from the grandmaster on the mountaintop long before there was any other martial art and stolen by the Gracies. More ground fighting and eye gouging at 2:42

http://www.meihua.ee/video/wt_udar.wmv (This one is actually decent...some vicious knees at 1:06.

Gringo Grande

Equipoise
12/28/2004 8:13pm,
First vid- The technique is clean, I can appreciate that. However, fights don't happen like this. Trapping doesn't quite go well with people who don't practice WC and one isn't going to have another guy that lets them be put into a sleeper hold. If WC was the supah d3adly as in this video, it'd be reigning at the top of the UFC/Pride fights. All in all, this is just a "see what I can do video."

2nd vid- His 2nd form sucks. Same as the first vid-- Teacher makes his students attack him in specific ways and then teacher gets to manhandle them. I would laugh if that guy tried to throw me, or try that weak grappling defense, I would overhead press him. The diff between this guy and the first video guy is at least the first vid guy looked built and his WC would be much improved by that fact. The skinny guy. Hmmph. I'd have to see him in action versus another trained guy.

3rd vid doesn't exist. :-P

Gringo Grande
12/28/2004 8:34pm,
3rd link should work now.

Gringo Grande

The Coach
12/28/2004 9:45pm,
The third one is kinda decent because they're actually fighting, but the first 2 is just the instructor beating the students. Reminds me of that Tommy Carruthers guy.

momo
12/28/2004 11:12pm,
This is good!

Some of these may have been posted before.

http://www.meihua.ee/video/wt2.mpeg (This one has awesome video effects, sound effects, and soundtrack *snicker*

http://www.meihua.ee/video/wtcf.wmv (Bill Nye the Science guy tries his hand at "Vogue-ing". Complete with techno music. Can you catch "teh deadly eye gouge" at 1:12? At 2:33 see WTBJJ as he gets "teh deadly RNC"...which undoubtdedly has been passed down from the grandmaster on the mountaintop long before there was any other martial art and stolen by the Gracies. More ground fighting and eye gouging at 2:42

http://www.meihua.ee/video/wt_udar.wmv (This one is actually decent...some vicious knees at 1:06.

Gringo Grande

Equipoise
12/29/2004 12:55am,
Third one is lame. Those kids need some nutrition. Good intensity, however there's a lack of any actual technical fighting. Also, these kids need to learn grappling.. really bad.

Jann Lee
12/29/2004 4:03am,
The third one is kinda decent because they're actually fighting, but the first 2 is just the instructor beating the students. Reminds me of that Tommy Carruthers guy.
ahahaha
But the second clip seemed to be to extreme...i mean the things he pulled off looked like it hurt...especially the eye gauging..

bodar
12/29/2004 2:15pm,
Third one is lame. Those kids need some nutrition. Good intensity, however there's a lack of any actual technical fighting. Also, these kids need to learn grappling.. really bad.

The third one is HYSTERICAL! Highlights include the "depantsing" and the "knee-elbow pincer attack" :laughing4

FighterJones
12/29/2004 2:46pm,
Ugh..
The more kung fu I see, the more I lose respect for it.

TaeBo_Master
12/29/2004 3:07pm,
LOL @ the guy being beaten in a corner with his shorts around his knees.

HOORAY 4 Chix fighting in vidz!

Anna Kovacs
12/29/2004 3:44pm,
I like the way they keep at it no matter what, (even in the event of a depantsing for instance..) It does look sloppy, but all the same. It's a lot better then nothing, and still far superior to tag sparring.

****...who's technique doesn't suffer when you have someone trying to wail on you?

wingchunnewbie
1/03/2005 11:20am,
Was that a bloodstain I kept seeing smeared over the mat in the third video ?

I think they were doing fine. Full contact, clearly relatively free of rules. If they keep practicing like that, and put a little muscle on their bones, then those lads will be dangerous guys to get in a brawl with in a few years.

The main thing that seemed to be going wrong for them in those videos (other than general sloppiness of technique, which will get better with practice), was that when they went to the floor, they seemed to be trying to submit their opponent with repeated strikes.

I never saw them trying to make the other person give up with a grappling submission. Sure, BJJ, Wrestling and Judo are much better at teaching these things, but in WC they should at least be familiar with some rudimentary 'bending joints the wrong way' principles from WC's standup grappling.

Attacking the elbow of an extended arm you've managed to tangle up (usually after slipping past a punch, then doing a kind of arm-bar using one of your arms and your chest) is a very commonly taught WC tactic.

I don't see why none of them transferred that idea to their ground work. Perhaps the instructor hasn't been showing them the standup-grappling component of WC in much depth.

gojuJKDdude
1/03/2005 6:16pm,
the third vid seems like its in fast forward and why doesent that guy getting kneed try and protect himself? his hand is right there between his opponents legs

Lights Out
1/03/2005 6:36pm,
The first one was by Victor Gutierrez, hes a well-known WC instructor here, in Spain.

I dunno, guys, Ive alwys thought that WC if porperly trained could be an effective ad to ones MA training.

FCTKD
1/04/2005 2:53am,
Man if any of them knew how to throw a hook in the 3rd video so many of those fights would have ended quick

DaveMustaine
1/04/2005 4:59pm,
the 2nd video is clear reminder why I quit Wing Chun in the first place.