PDA

View Full Version : How could you not celebrate Christmas?

Pages : [1] 2

Kungfoolss
12/27/2004 7:38pm,
At the risk of sounding anti-semitic, but regardless of your religious persuasion, how could you not celebrate Christmas? That fact alone would make me want to convert from Judaism, Islam, or even the eastern religions to Christianity. You don't have to even be a Christian or a Catholic, hell you don't even have to be religious and you can still enjoy a great holiday.

As a young boy, my class would go door-to-door singing Christmas carols. Then there's the joy of giving presents to folks, Christmas dinners, family gatherings, opening presents, all the holiday decorations, the Christmas trees, and all the great children stories surrounding the occasion.

You can't help but feel sorrow and pity for folks - on religious grounds - that willingly choose to abstain from such a joyous time. The sad part is that the inflexibility of the those parents that shield their children from Christmas. I personally believe if those children could experience the joys of Christmas, you'd probably see a lot less Jewish and muslim followers in existence. Good or bad, that's the nature of children.

Thaiboxerken
12/27/2004 7:50pm,
There are better festivals and traditions out there. The Japanese New Year's is much more fun, for children and adults. You are narrow minded to think that Christmas must be the only festive holiday fun for kids and adults.

Judah Maccabee
12/27/2004 8:00pm,
Dude, Purim tells you to get so drunk you can't recognize people. Short of some pagan fertility holidays with hot gothy Wiccan chicks, there isn't much else out there that's better.

Roidie McDouchebag
12/27/2004 9:28pm,
I think it's sad if you need a religious excuse to have family dinners or exchange gifts.

SRK85
12/27/2004 9:31pm,
I think it's sad if you need a religious excuse to have family dinners or exchange gifts.
Agreed

Stick
12/27/2004 11:23pm,
Wow..... I agree with ICY.

I suppose it shouldn't be so much of a shock seeing as its a response to kfss.....

Anyways. Dumb thread, go sit on your lethal scars thumbs ya fucking wanker.

Traditional Tom
12/27/2004 11:28pm,
A question, if you and your family don't celebrate Christmas due to religious reasons or whatever, why would you still get the holiday?

Moleculo
12/27/2004 11:40pm,
Kungfoolss, your posts are getting sappier all the time.

Christmas is absolute and utter bullshido perpetrated on the mindless, consuming sheep that you now have readily admitted to being a part of.

Nobody tells me when to have fun, exchange gifts or ridicule RBSD.

In your defense I will say that picturing you carolling as a yound lad before the turn of the last century has made my panties wet.

Kungfoolss
12/27/2004 11:52pm,

Choke, if you read what I wrote a bit more carefully, you'd see I never said such activities were exclusive to Christmas.

Thaiboxerken
12/28/2004 12:44am,
A question, if you and your family don't celebrate Christmas due to religious reasons or whatever, why would you still get the holiday?

Why not?

The Wastrel
12/28/2004 12:45am,
How can you forget Guy Fawkes Day?

Moleculo
12/28/2004 1:08am,
Choke, if you read what I wrote a bit more carefully, you'd see I never said such activities were exclusive to Christmas. Does this mean that you have carolled whilst celebrating Guy Fawkes?

nasty_totoro
12/28/2004 4:23am,
people can celebrate whatever and however they want ...

xmas has turned into a massive consummer spending spree that causes short term moral gratification at the expense of debt ...

Ray Nelson
12/29/2004 10:44am,
short term moral gratification at the expense of debt

But, but, but, that's the American Way(tm).

Dochter
12/29/2004 12:13pm,
How can you forget Guy Fawkes Day?
Had fun with that one this year.

Perfect timing...

Peter H.
12/29/2004 12:26pm,
http://www.playgroundofdeath.com/

Click the pic in the middle