PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever KOed anyone?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

lifetime
12/14/2004 11:49am,
I'm trying to find out what the most common KO techniques are, as well as how often certain techniques are used. Since I don't think I can post polls, I'll have to find this out the hard way. Title speaks for itself, have you ever KOed anyone? No submissions or tap-outs, but TKOs are counted.

Please list-

Technique you used
Style you trained in
Event that you were fighting under

And on the flip side, have you been KOed? How were you KOed (if you remember)?

I'm keeping a tally, so any answers would be really really appreciated!

Wounded Ronin
12/14/2004 12:05pm,
I never actually KOed anyone, but I should have! :911flag:

Heh, let me explain. It's a funny story.

So, long long time ago, back when I was in middle school, I would always take a MiniMate cooler to school with me and carry it around. I'd put a sandwich and cookies and fruit and juice in there.

Anyway, there was this kid...his first name was Alex, but I forgot his last name. He was slightly on the chubby side. We got along fine in elementary school, but for some reason in middle school he decided to, like, try and bully me. I really have no idea why. Maybe he was trying to act big in front of some of his friends.

So, you know, this was before I did any MA, or very much exercise, so I was pretty wussy. But I was also pretty laid back so it took a while before I reacted to him.

I think he started pushing me or some crap like that. I got mad, grabbed my cooler, raised it high, and clocked him over the head with it.

Unfortunately, being a big hollow plastic cooler, it didn't do any damage. *BUT*, you know it would have been hilarious and cool had that KOed him.

I think a few people who were watching thought the cooler-slam was awesome, even though it was ineffective. Because it just looked so hilarious.

Blitzkrieg
12/14/2004 12:09pm,
My buddy knocked me the **** out, said he was doin me a favor. In retrospec, I had asked to get hit in the face bareknuckle a while ago cause I didnt know what it felt like. We were practicing some bareknuckle blocking and he kept stepping it up, then punished me for lowering my guard that one inch too much. Apparently I was out for about 4 seconds and then I sprung back to my feet and wanted more. I dont remember being on the ground for that long though...

Leodom
12/14/2004 12:09pm,
As a bar manager I choked a guy out once. No training at the time, just grabbed around his neck, got his throat inside the crook of my elbow and squeezed until he stopped struggling. Then we drug him out of the bar.

SamHarber
12/14/2004 12:14pm,
I've been knocked out in Escrima once.
I'd bust my knuckle earlier (fractured it it turns out), so I was fighting left handed in single stick. My opponent decided to go left handed as well just to make it fairer. He did a backhand to the side of my head, and I presume I got horribly confused with my parry. Somehow I not only missed the parry, but I also turned my head away from the blow, so the stick caught me full force at the back of the helmet where there was only a thin layer of foam for protection.
I just crumpled to the floor.
I came to just as I hit the ground. I wish I'd stayed unconscious for another half second.

virtual_mantis
12/14/2004 12:16pm,
I almost got KOed. I was sparring at my school I was coming in straight with some chain punches. My opponenet was covering up then he came with a left hook and hit me right in the temple. I saw stars and was dazed for a couple seconds. He only hit me at about half power because we don't use pads or gloves. Had he hit me full power I'm sure it would have been good night Irene.

No matter how strong your offense is never underestimate your opponent because there is always that one little opportunity to turn the tide.

Lesson learned for me.

MrMcFu
12/14/2004 12:16pm,
In my WTF TKD days, I knocked one guy basically out with a side kick. When the kick came, he tried to get low and duck under it. I simply lowered my foot as I skipped forward. He was knocked down and had problems getting back up.

In Shooto, I accidently KOed a girl :( with a back kick.

And lastly, I was thrown in Sambo once and got KTFO. My friends had to lead me around all night like a retard with his handlers.

FHoppy
12/14/2004 12:20pm,
I've KO'd and been KO'd (more of the latter). When you're a small kid with a big mouth, that tends to happen.

My first KO was in CYC boxing when I was around 11. I hit the other kid in the nose with a jab and he started crying. The crazy old fucker instructing us told me to hit him again, so I threw a right cross directly on his chin. Down and out.

Peter H.
12/14/2004 12:28pm,
I've KO'd 2 people:

January 1997 I KO'd a guy I had made tap in the match that messed up my shoulder the previous September, he came by my apartment and asked for another go at me. There was no money or anything, me and a few other guys did this just to do it and see who'd win, but pride, stupidity and youth are powerful combinations. He was in my kitchen trying to get me to fight and I said no, I had just healed my shoulder up and was about to test for the police academy and didn't want to risk screwing it up.
He keeps begging, so I say fine, I'll do it. He says when, I tell him right now, and open hand slap him in the jaw on the (my) right side. He collapses to the floor in a heap, and I have to pick him up and set him in a chair until he figures out what the hell happened. I popped him hard enough that the diamond stud he wore in his right (my left) ear flew out and got lost under my refrigerator. I found it when I cleaned up the appartment and was moving out.

The second time was in Eden, TX, 2001. I was wrestling King Pin (now calls himself "Pure Greatness" Marco Zamaripa") for the Xplosive Wrestling Television title. It was a garbage hardcore match, so we had all kinds of plunder in the ring. For the finish, I set him in the corner and put an aluminum garbage can on his head and did a cross corner drop kick (Van terminator). He leaned his head the wrong way, which was towards me, and I happened to put my feet right where his head was.

Ronin
12/14/2004 12:32pm,
In Boxing, hooks, uppercut, right cross.
Kyokushin, round kick, knee, head punch ( I was DQ'd).
MT, Round kick, elbow.

lifetime
12/14/2004 12:33pm,
So far I've got MiniMate cooler, Left Hook, Right Cross, Escrima Stick, Side kick, Back kick and one undisclosed bareknuckle punche. And then there's Leodom, who neglected to read the bit about no subs or taps, but decided to contribute anyway..

Come on people where are the roundhouse kicks and GnPs?

Edit: Right, there they are

Ronin: Roundkicks to the head, body or legs?

Ronin
12/14/2004 12:37pm,
Head, I have never seen anyone Knocked Out from a kick to the leg or body...

Transcendent Sunchips
12/14/2004 12:46pm,
My KO - While sparring, my partner wanted me to go light on him because he had a fight coming up. I agreed, yet he was trying to tee off on my head. I popped a cross on his mouth and he asked for me to this time not punch him in the head. However, he continued trying to knock my head off. So this time, I throw a jab, step in cross, and landed a full power left swing kick to his ribs. He was down and didn't train for the rest of the day. My coach got mad at me, but quickly told me that he had it coming.

Me KOed - Taken 2 spinning back kicks on separate occasions when I was a newbie. 1 to the liver and 1 to the solar plexus.

liuzg150181
12/14/2004 12:52pm,
Actually i did knock someone out with a punch to body(my only KO right now),but this isnt counted:
It is a semi-contact,or touch sparring
I got too excited and hit hard
That guy is lighter than i am for about 20kg
That guy has no prior MA exp.

So the punch hit his solar plexus(i think),he fell to the ground and the instuctor had to revive him.....

After i took full contact style,i almost got KOed several times,but since they are being friendly with me so i am saved from the concussion.

SamHarber
12/14/2004 12:54pm,
DeLaHoya got knocked out by a body shot. There can't be that much difference between a kick and a punch.

lifetime
12/14/2004 12:56pm,
Actually i did knock someone out with a punch to body(my only KO right now),but this isnt counted:
It is a semi-contact,or touch sparring
I got too excited and hit hard
That guy is lighter than i am for about 20kg
That guy has no prior MA exp.

So the punch hit his solar plexus(i think),he fell to the ground and the instuctor had to revive him.....

After i took full contact style,i almost got KOed several times,but since they are being friendly with me so i am saved from the concussion.

How hard is hard? I've never even SEEN "touch sparring"..

I've gotten a KO and a TKO in WTF. First KO was from a roundhouse, second was a crescent kick. Hit him so hard that he staggered and his corner threw in the towel. Felt quite bad after that because he'd never sparred before.