PDA

View Full Version : Military Bullshido

Pages : [1] 2 3

lwflee
12/13/2004 4:11pm,
Hey guys, i understand that there are quite a few ex/current Military/LE personnel that post regularly on this forum. Well, it appears that the military is not immune from bullshido. Eg:

During CQC class - The scrawny CQC instructor shouts:
"Punch slightly to your left so that your partner can block properly!"
and
"You dun shout, you FAIL!" - apparently there is a direct correlation between an ability to shout and an ability to fight.

:BangHead:

OH, and there was one step sparring , striking with the instep of the foot etc......

As far as i know, room clearing drills are also quite bullshido. Eg of how to clear a room = Stack outside - lead guy throws grenade - BOOM - rush in and fire from the HIPS on full auto - automatically shout "CLEAR!" - apparently the room will automatically be clear... :BangHead:

So anyone else have any such horror stories to tell?

Wounded Ronin
12/13/2004 4:31pm,
Full auto from the hip seems to work in the movies....

poidog
12/13/2004 4:34pm,
As far as i know, room clearing drills are also quite bullshido. Eg of how to clear a room = Stack outside - lead guy throws grenade - BOOM - rush in and fire from the HIPS on full auto - automatically shout "CLEAR!" - apparently the room will automatically be clear...This bears NO resemblance to any room clearing drills I've seen/done. Where the **** did you serve, Libya?! Egypt?! Pre-invasion Iraq?!

Chronomorte
12/13/2004 4:38pm,
Well, I saw a room clearing video recently where they went in, came back out when
they found that bad guys were holed up inside, and then blew the building
to sh*t from a distance with who-knows-what ordnance, then it was just
a matter of sifting through rubble - now that's how to clear a room!

lwflee
12/13/2004 5:07pm,
yea is saw that too - on BBC i believe. The building took about 4 Rpgs and 3 nades...and those jihadis were STILL alive. The marines were scared shitless when the jihadis started chanting "Allah Akhba". So outta the building the ran. That was when they decided to level the building with tanks. Heh! IMO militaries arnd the world are BZ rewriting their urban ops manuals....

It would be interesting to note that the Marines did their room clearing drill before entry. The jihadists must have figured out their drills for when the marines rushed in, the jihadis threw a grenade into the room.

bodar
12/13/2004 5:14pm,
As far as i know, room clearing drills are also quite bullshido. Eg of how to clear a room = Stack outside - lead guy throws grenade - BOOM - rush in and fire from the HIPS on full auto - automatically shout "CLEAR!" - apparently the room will automatically be clear... :BangHead:

So anyone else have any such horror stories to tell?

Man, that's terrible. You could learn more about room-clearing by watching the SWAT remake. :zicon_ram :wink:

Lohff
12/13/2004 5:57pm,
Hey guys, i understand that there are quite a few ex/current Military/LE personnel that post regularly on this forum. Well, it appears that the military is not immune from bullshido. Eg:

During CQC class - The scrawny CQC instructor shouts:
"Punch slightly to your left so that your partner can block properly!"
and
"You dun shout, you FAIL!" - apparently there is a direct correlation between an ability to shout and an ability to fight.

:BangHead:

OH, and there was one step sparring , striking with the instep of the foot etc......

So anyone else have any such horror stories to tell?When and where did you see these procedures taught? I served in the army, and NEVER, NOT ONCE, did I see a soldier shoot from the hip. So, again, when and where did you see these techniques?

lwflee
12/13/2004 6:07pm,
OKay - i've gotta make this clear - its not the US/UK army. So US/UK soldiers do not take offence

MUT
12/13/2004 6:43pm,
OKay - i've gotta make this clear - its not the US/UK army. So US/UK soldiers do not take offence

We want to know who uses this techniques...not who doesn't.

Matt Stone
12/13/2004 7:16pm,

You come in here, alleging military bullshido, then fail to specify what military you are pointing fingers at... This make me wonder whether you are a troll, or just blissfully unaware of anything regarding the real military.

Please, feel free to clarify what country's military methods you are complaining about. I've never, in 15 years in the US Army, seen anything the likes of which you describe.

punchingdummy
12/13/2004 7:18pm,
Well, I saw a room clearing video recently where they went in, came back out when
they found that bad guys were holed up inside, and then blew the building
to sh*t from a distance with who-knows-what ordnance, then it was just
a matter of sifting through rubble - now that's how to clear a room!

That is a legit military tactic...and they were clearing a building as part of HIC MOUT, which is different scenario than simply "clearing a room".

P.S. I posted that video on this board.

The Wastrel
12/13/2004 7:26pm,

Those five little words at the beginning are the key.

"As far as I know..."

Senshi
12/13/2004 8:21pm,

Going on to 29 years with the Aust Army and never seen that type of ****, so feel free to elaborate on EXACTLY where this occured.

:pain10:

lwflee
12/13/2004 8:33pm,
Ok i might have simplified the entry drill a little. What happens is this:-

Stack - Lead guy frags - Boom - 2 soldiers rush in, hooks into either side of doorway and delivers automatic fire from the HIPS - when room is clear, "Clear!" is shouted and the rest enters.

Entry from window is similar except that after the grenade goes off, another soldier cuts across the window and delivers automatic fire.

I believe the underlying doctrine is to enter agressively and to take the initiative - ie with great firepower.

punchingdummy
12/13/2004 8:40pm,
VIOLENCE OF ACTION

Sam Browning
12/13/2004 8:54pm,
Which Army?