PDA

View Full Version : Teen thug kicked hard in self-defense!

PizDoff
12/02/2004 12:13pm,
Well, kinda old news, but here's an exerpt.

Danny, Michelle keep kicking down barriers

One swift, well-placed kick foiled a would-be attacker, bolstered Michelle Yohn's confidence and showed her mother that karate class was working.

Yohn, 29, is barely 5 feet tall, battles chronic asthma, is legally blind, has mild mental retardation and is prone to seizures.

Despite those challenges, six years ago her kick proved powerful enough to send a teen thug writhing in pain when she was walking through the woods to a store near her Falls home. The teen came up behind her and shoved her hard. Unsure if she was being attacked, Michelle turned and gave him a swift kick. She ran as he fell to the ground.

Exerpt from:
http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/111-11262004-406867.html

I thoroughly enjoyed the story of her kicking the 'thug' hahahaha! That must have been a shock and probably pretty funny to watch. :D

Low-class comments may be neg repped. :sad3:

Sungam
12/02/2004 12:37pm,
Changing the subject entirely and not trying to troll, but if you read the column it talks about both Michelle and her boyfriend and how they are going to get married. Do you think they should be allowed to have kids and if not how should they be stopped (the shortened version is: -

Michelle - chronic asthma, is legally blind, has mild mental retardation and is prone to seizures.

Danny - has Down syndrome, a speech impediment and other ailments.)

. I defnitely think they shouldn't be allowed but not sure how they're going to be stopped except by sterilisation or abortion. And would this be legal for someone who is capable of living on their own?

PizDoff
12/02/2004 12:53pm,
I'm hating the unfinished Search function.

Finally found it on the on page 7 of my search....
Feel free to resurrect the discussion.
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13771

Jekyll
12/02/2004 1:07pm,
You might want to take a look at
http://www.ds-health.com/faq.htm
Given that;

Q: Is Down syndrome inherited?
A: Only 3 to 5% of cases are inherited; the rest arise as an accident of chromosome arrangement during meiosis. For details, see my essay on the origin of trisomy 21 or Dr. Paul Benke's essay on the types of DS, and the risk and recurrence risk of DS.

Q: Are adults with Down Syndrome sterile?
A: Women with DS are fertile. Men with DS have traditionally been considered sterile; however, there have been two documented cases of adult men with DS fathering children.

Its a bit of a moot point.

Zeddy
12/03/2004 4:35am,
The teen came up behind her and shoved her hard. Unsure if she was being attacked , Michelle turned and gave him a swift kick. She ran as he fell to the ground.

I hate to sound skeptical, but this did make me raise an eyebrow.

Zeddy
12/03/2004 5:11am,
My point was they didn't exactly explain why he was classified as a thug.

Sungam
12/03/2004 5:26am,
Pizdoff : ta for that

Jekyll : nice one

Thaiboxerken
12/03/2004 6:51am,
If the kid was training in SCARS, the thug would've been kicked even harder!

DiscoZ
12/03/2004 2:02pm,
I think it is very impressive that she could muster the confidence to defend herself --despite her many disabilities, and of being the *weaker* sex-- against an attacker who was obviously the aggressor, potentially stronger, faster and with less of a social stigma (in terms of disablilites) attached to him.

Bizzaro Root
12/03/2004 3:36pm,
Changing the subject entirely and not trying to troll, but if you read the column it talks about both Michelle and her boyfriend and how they are going to get married. Do you think they should be allowed to have kids and if not how should they be stopped (the shortened version is: -

Michelle - chronic asthma, is legally blind, has mild mental retardation and is prone to seizures.

Danny - has Down syndrome, a speech impediment and other ailments.)

. I defnitely think they shouldn't be allowed but not sure how they're going to be stopped except by sterilisation or abortion. And would this be legal for someone who is capable of living on their own?

your a piece of ****, die. i hope you have retarded children and then you can tell them not to have kids. not to mention asshole that retarded people dont have retarded kids, retard.

Stold3
12/03/2004 5:33pm,
That would be crazy, growing up with retarded parents.

Boogyman
12/03/2004 5:35pm,
Training journal entry:

I went for a run this morning in the woods behind my house, as I had completed the sprint portion of my workout, I was joggin home. All of a sudden running over the next rise I almost tripped over a root sticking out of the ground (being tired from the sprints). I accidentally bumped into a lady that was walking along the trail, she fell foreward and I fell against a tree. After recovering I went to ask her if she was OK. She (rather rudely) proceeded to kick me in the balls. I let out a faint HHUUURRGGHH!! and promptly fell over. Afterward I limped home and iced my balls. I don't think I will go running tomorrow.

DiscoZ
12/03/2004 5:56pm,
LOL...

Wounded Ronin
12/03/2004 6:30pm,
I still think she has more merit than Phil Elmore with the bum.

Bizzaro Root
12/03/2004 7:31pm,
I still think she has more merit than Phil Elmore with the bum.

thank you for repping me Ronin(i would rep you but it wont let me) that asshole got his buddy to neg rep me cause he couldnt. that **** pisses me off as a person who has a relative that mentaly handy capped. that **** he said is borderline fucking hitlerish, and if you think about it that is a slippery slop into telling people who can and cant procreate or how many children you can have(i.e. china). and patfromlogan can suck my dick.

if this was face to face i **** bitch slap the guy quick ass fuckfor saying that.

Chris.B
12/09/2004 8:39am,
The child limit in China has it's perpous. The country is far over populated, and it'S not illigle to have more then one child. You just get heavily taxed if you do have more then one. If the population in China keeps growing at it's fast rate...people would be dying of starvation in the near future because of the lack of food.

I agree it's unfair to tell someone how many children you should or shouldn't have...though sometimes it is for the best.

Now on the issue of if handicaps should be able to have children. I believe they should be allowed as long as the parents can take raise the chil properly. If they can't then no, I don't think they should be able to have children. Not because I would want to be mean to the parents, but why should a child suffer for something he hasn't done.