PDA

View Full Version : How would you rate my skills?

Pages : [1] 2

Fatality Dragon
2/02/2003 5:18am,
Yesterday I was at a party on campus at the college. When the party was about to end, there was a mat on basketball floor and there was few guys taking turn to wrestling eachother. After waitting for my turn , I finally got my chance and no one will wrestle me but for a guy who is 6'3 and 250 lbs.

I thought I was gonna to lost especially in front of girl I have huge crush on but I didn't chickened out. So when the match started, I tried to move to his side so I can shoot from side. It was impossible because he was SO huge that he can turn and tackle me easily. So I decide to go against him and I did, we end up having a serious struggle with almost no improvement at all for a while. So I end up try to use silat take down on him but he manage to got me in his arms and tried to spulex me. As he was about to throw me, I manage to take him down but I was in a bad position and he tried to pin me. I manage to escape and get on top of him and slap a half nelson on him and closely pin him. He end up grab me by my leg and tried to roll me onto my back but I stay on my stomach and grabbed his arm and try to pull him down under me. Of course that didn't work, so I manage to get out of his grap and tried to twist him onto his back but when I was about to get him down, he grabbed my ankle and pull me down onto my back and pinned me.

The entire match last about two minutes...

Even thought I lose but he was badly worn out and he keep says "oh wow... this guy is toughest wrestler I ever wrestled" and stuff. I went to talk to him a bit and find out that he have 8 years experince as a wrestler. It really surprise me that he find it so difficult to beat me. So I am wondering how good is my wrestling (or MA) skill? I would appericate a reply...

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."

Edited by - fatality Dragon on February 02 2003 04:42:03

Ken Oh
2/02/2003 5:27am,
What other type of college party is there than 'ALCOHOL' TYPE party?

Gezere
2/02/2003 5:37am,
Yeah!

Look I went to FSU the NUMBER ONE PARTY COLLEGE. NO ALCOHOL doesn't even constitute a party!!!

______
Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!

"I love you Asia" - I Give BJJs Posted - December 25 2002 : 10:40:09

Fisting Kittens
2/02/2003 5:49am,
Hey Dragon, not to be a dick or anything but where are you from? And what is your native language? I rarely understand your posts.

Ken Oh
2/02/2003 5:54am,
Notice how Fatality Dragon editted out the (NO NOT THE DRUGS AND ACHOCOL TYPE) out of this post.

Fatality Dragon
2/02/2003 6:03am,
Ok... fisting thanks for letting me know that you rarely understand my posts. I was born in california and I have lived in USA all my life. My native lanaguage is PSE (pidogem Sign English) Which mean ASL (American Sign Lanaguage- tend to be even worse organized)used in english order.

I will try to explain my post in simplest way I can.

I am wondering how would you rate my skill if I am only 5'7 and 130 lbs and wrestled against a guy who is 6'3 and 250 lbs. I lose the match but it was really hard for him to beat me. After the wrestling he says that I am one of the toughest wrestler that he even wrestled. This guy have been wrestling for 8 years.

Ken the reason I removed the alchol and drugs part is because everyone is talking about it and I hate those stuff!

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."

Fisting Kittens
2/02/2003 6:15am,
then it sounds like you did well.

Fatality Dragon
2/02/2003 6:24am,
Thank you, sorry about my horrible english skill. I am hoping I can improve it once I got into another college again.

Ken Oh
2/02/2003 7:09am,
Interesting. Very interesting. I've heard in my linguistics classes about how extremely hard it is for deaf people to learn writing very well, as language is more dependant on sound than a writing system. Till now I've never been able to observe. Perhaps this is the reason why you don't do well in school. What this the problem? Was this considered?

Anyway, don't worry about me, I'm just poking fun, nothing serious is meant. **** luck with improving but don't get discouraged by what the people on this forum say. If they can't understand, then they are small minded.

For those who want to make fun of FD's writing, consider not having any idea what the words you are reading sound like. Imagine if you could nto sound out any words in your head while you read. 'lose' or 'lost' or any alternate form of any word would be meaningless, as would your your ability to flow. You would neither be able to read a word to see if it 'looks right' (you can't sound it out) nor would you be able to sound words out together to form patterns of what words 'sound right' when put next to each other.

Blad3
2/02/2003 7:42am,
The wrestling guy doesn't sound very good if he wasn't able to beat some1 half his size. no offence. SOund slike you were good though - should take lessons and see how it goes.

Fatality Dragon
2/02/2003 7:59am,
Ken... thank you for helping me, it get really annoying when someone make fun of my writing. It is really hard for me to write in proper grammar, some time it took me a hour just to get my post to look as best as it could be. The example that you gave are the perfect example why my grammar is so poor. Strange things is I got 98% on reading proficency test the first time I took it. However I have to take the writing proficency test four time before finally passing it just by one point.

The reason I got kick out of college is because I was playing a prank and accidentally vandal the hallway and door. However I wasn't doing well either because I was in University for deaf only which make things even worser because it took me very long to recover from cultural shock. Also the teacher teach people here very differently so I barely understand them. (I have took a semester of community college before and got 4.0 gpa on it.) So I end up with a 1.7 GPA at this college.

Also I am not letting anyone discouraging me at all. My parent were trying to pushing me into criminal and justice (so I can go to lawyer school) by theartening to not paying for my college unless I go into that major. So right now I am just gonna to continue my martial art practice some how and getting certifacte in executive protective service so I can pay for the college and decide what I want to do with my life. If that didn't work out, I guess I will just end up applying for Budo Karte House.

Ken Oh
2/02/2003 8:22am,
Not a problem at all. I hope everyone reads this thread to finally understand. I can say that I can empathize with you because I'm studying Chinese in college and am not quite doing very well at it yet. If I can make a suggestion that might help, it's to break down every word in a sentance to exactlty what part of speech it is. Figure out if it's a Verb, Adjective or whatever. Figure out specifically what the word is and then think of the rules (or exceptions) that apply. I use this when I'm having trouble with Chinese, more so for word order, but I think it could help with your spelling as well. People don't realize that this comes naturally if you can hear it, but if you can't then it's a ton of non-sensical symbols.

Haha, I haven't even replied to your topic ;p. Yeah, if you can do anything with someone twice your size, even if he's unskilled, then that's pretty good. My best friend was a really good wrestler for the 165 weight division but his older brother was comparatively better at 130 or so and it showed. The littler, big brother did leg moves that were insane.

Phrost
2/02/2003 10:44am,
Don't sweat the linguistics FD, you've got a valid reason.

I speak Spanish pretty well myself, and I was using it at work talking to this guy from Costa Rica about a year ago, over ICQ, when I said "vivi en panama por tres anos" or "I lived in Panama for 3 years.

At least, that's what I thought I had said, until he was quiet for a while. I didn't realize until later that leaving out the ~ over the "n" changes the word "years" to "anuses".

My fiancee, who's fluent, still tells that story.

The Wastrel
2/02/2003 11:32am,
Studied Korean for about five years now. Living over there was sometimes really hard. It's impossible to give people an impression of who you really are and how you really think when you are forced to try and communicate through an incomplete set of tools.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**

JKDChick
2/02/2003 12:41pm,
You guys have heard the one about the corporate execs who were in China for meetings and were treated to a feast? Well, one of them memorized -- phonectically -- the phrase "This meal was so wonderful, I must loosen my belt". But Chinese is a TONAL language so what the guy actually stood up and said was: "The girth of thy donkey's saddle is loose."

That KILLS me.

(board breaks with a kick)
"Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."
-- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"

Edited by - jkdchick on February 02 2003 11:42:42

Stold
2/02/2003 12:58pm,
That's weird...I've never had a problem understanding FD's posts. I just figured he was a fast typer and made some mistakes.

Anyways...If you're doing that well against guys nearly twice you size, I'd reccomend the UFC :P