PDA

View Full Version : 11 / 11 / 2004

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ronin
11/11/2004 8:40am,
Today, at the 11th hour, on the 11th day, in the 11th month, we stop and remember all those that have died, so that we have the right and the opportunity to be the A-holes that we are.

Today is Rememberance Day.

And, as always, never have so many, owed so much, to so few.

* Bows head in silent gratitude *

Shuma-Gorath
11/11/2004 8:51am,
I'm headed to the artillery firing in Queen's Park this morning. Unfortunately I lost my poppy at the BJJ tourney last weekend.

Ronin
11/11/2004 8:54am,
I am stuck at work, say a silent prayer for me Bro.
Thanks.

SamHarber
11/11/2004 8:58am,
IT helpdesks never close, mostly because ignorant dicks keep calling.

Ronin
11/11/2004 10:10am,
Yeah, In Canada, its only a holiday for Banks and goverment offices...

Raven
11/11/2004 10:50am,
Something wrong with that.

I also hate how we came up with a 1 cent piece of plastic which are distributed everywhere. Everyone buys and wears one, yet few actually understand WHY, and the poppies wind up all over the street, for people to walk all over. Nice message to our vets eh?

Ronin
11/11/2004 11:05am,
* head hangs low in honour *

Mr. Mantis
11/11/2004 11:11am,
My grandfather served on an LST in WWII in the Pacific theater. Today is the anniversary of his death, which I always saw fitting.

Raven
11/11/2004 11:14am,
Much Respect.

Matsufubu
11/11/2004 11:19am,
Yeah, it's a shame much of today's youth don't know **** and couldn't care less what the vets did for their countries.

Indicative of society's attitude towards responsibility and duty.

Traditional Tom
11/11/2004 11:24am,
While I was in class, my teacher asked me to distribute the poppys, so I quickly put the majority of them on my own shirt in the shape of a T (it actually looked kinda cool).
To the school's credit, I gave away quite a few of them to people who went out of their way to ask for them (It was a sort of test for myself, as my Grandpa was in the war and did some f'in insane stuff).

I hear you Ronin, I only wish you could buy better quality poppys that lasted longer, curses!

Ronin
11/11/2004 11:27am,
My grandfather served on an LST in WWII in the Pacific theater. Today is the anniversary of his death, which I always saw fitting.

Respect my friend, to you and your family.

Mr. Mantis
11/11/2004 11:49am,
Respect my friend, to you and your family.

Thank you Ronin. I tried to +rep you today, for being a veteran, and starting this thread, but the system won't let me give it to you.

My one regret is that I have not been in the armed services. I almost joined the Army before desert storm in 1990. I scored highly in the ASVAB and they wanted to slate me for officer training. I went to college instead.

I believe this is a major reason why I began studying martial arts. It was an attempt to fill a void I have.

Ronin
11/11/2004 11:53am,
Don't worry about the rep thing.

You don't need to be/have been in the military to appreciate what it means to serve, nor does your opinion matter any less.

The US Armed forces would have been all the better for it though.

Matsufubu
11/11/2004 12:30pm,
You don't need to be/have been in the military to appreciate what it means to serve

Whoa, it's not often somebody thinks that. Most of the time it's "Have you ever killed anyone? WELL SHUT THE HELL UP THEN!"

Shuma-Gorath
11/11/2004 12:34pm,
I read about the Battle of Hong Kong in the newspaper today, and now I'm suddenly ashamed I had to read about it in today's newspaper.

I also got a promotional card for the Canadian Armed Forces artillery division while in the park this morning. They told me university Calculus made me overqualified.