PDA

View Full Version : What should be the prices of a good school?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Omen Stone
1/28/2003 12:44am,
They school I am looking into is 50$ a month the classes I want to take are two times a week for an hour? is that to high for what a good school uslly costs or discount mcdojo style?

"A California man has been taken to court for stalking Anna Nicole Smith. The man has been charged with invasion of privacy, illegal trespassing, and having really bad taste."-Conan

JKDChick
1/28/2003 1:55am,
High-ish. But that's about what I pay and I think it's worth it. If the instruction is good and you can afford it, it's probably okay.

(board breaks with a kick)
"Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."
-- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"

The Wastrel
1/28/2003 2:02am,
It depends on where you live. Where I am, that's dirt cheap.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**

Edited by - The Wastrel on January 28 2003 01:03:19

SamHarber
1/28/2003 6:17am,
For my taiji class I'm paying 3 for a two hour session, and once a month 25 for a 5 hour seminar. My Aikido class (when I could go) was 30 per month for about 8 hours a week (so less than 1/hour)
I consider this to be very cheap for the UK, but we use church halls and community centres, which are fairly cheap to hire anyway.

Halogen
1/28/2003 7:26am,
My school charges $70 a month, which allows you to train as many times a week as there are lessons set for whatever level you're in (about 6 set lessons per week in each level, 1 hour duration).

Sucka_MC
1/28/2003 8:41am,
Just depends on the set-up. I practice in a church so our fees are very low. I pay $20 a month for 3 classes, 3 yoga sessions, 1 weapons class, and an infinete amount of private lessons (assuming there is time in there schedual) a week. Pretty good deal.

sanchin
1/28/2003 12:10pm,
I pay 49 a month, no insurance,grading fees or anything else on top. For that I can train every night in either karate or tai-chi; alas I've got other commitments, so can't attend tai-chi at the moment (gnashes teeth...)

Dibble
1/28/2003 1:06pm,
Depends on the quality of instruction. $70 per month 3 classes per week, 2 hours long each. First time I've found a class that goes 2 hours long -- 1 hour is too short, imo, if you factor in a warm up, to get a really good groove going.

Omega Supreme
1/28/2003 1:36pm,
I've seen schools charge up to $300

Go away I'm talking to myself

MM4Guy
1/28/2003 1:44pm,
When I used to pay for martial arts, I paid about 80$ per month, with no extra fees except occassionaly an extra hand-wrap or a shin-guard. And we usually train at our dojo, and when the weather is nice we usually hike for a few miles, before returning back to class.

And I trained about 20 hours a week, from about 4-8 every week-day.

Remember the time in the 6th grade where you got your ass-kicked by that 80-pound short-kid? Got BJJ?
<marquee>Thai Boxing: Been kicking your ass since 1949.</marquee>

Deadpan Scientist
1/28/2003 2:07pm,
At almost every San Soo place I've gone to, it was $60-80/month for 21 hours a week of classes.

Omen Stone
1/28/2003 3:00pm,
I guess I'll call them see if I can tell if they have quality instructors. Really wish I could find a ninjistu dojo but I want to take JKD also. I guess you take what you can get.

"A California man has been taken to court for stalking Anna Nicole Smith. The man has been charged with invasion of privacy, illegal trespassing, and having really bad taste."-Conan

Greese
1/28/2003 6:30pm,
Yeah...ninjitsu...
The best price is free, keep that in mind.

JKDChick
1/28/2003 8:44pm,
Ummm ... Omen ... there ain't no such thing as JKD. (sarcasm alert)

(board breaks with a kick)
"Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."
-- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"

Omen Stone
1/28/2003 8:47pm,
lol ok its not short for Jeet Kune do? (sarcasm meter implodes)

axekick
1/28/2003 10:37pm,
The school in which I trained for the last three years charges $65 a month for your choice of 28 one hour TKD classes (Mon-Fri), and 5 one and a half hour Akido classes (one a day, M-F). You can attend as many of the classes as you like, The TKD classes progress in intensity until the last class. Weapons training is included two days a week, and sparring is offered four days (two days of competition sparring, two days of street fighting).I feel that it is a bargain.