PDA

View Full Version : Why advertising the fact you know martial arts is Folly

Kungfoolss
10/20/2004 1:51am,
Liquor store robbed

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Gunmen escape with more than $10,000

By JIMENITA SWAIN,Guardian Staff Reporter

Island Spirits Liquors on Charlotte Street and Woodes Rodgers Wharf on Monday afternoon was robbed of more than $10,000 by two masked gunmen, who locked the store's employees in the bathroom before escaping. Store manager, Wayne Roberts, told The Nassau Guardian at about 3 p.m. he did not know what was happening in the store, which was 45 minutes after the robbery. He said he was thankful no customers were in the store, and that none of the four other employees were injured during the hold-up.

Roberts said while he was in his office he heard a knock on the door. "I saw my brother to the door, so I opened the door," he stated. "When I opened the door, a gentleman had a gun on his back." He said the gunman pushed him and a female employee into the office, demanding he hand over the cash. "I gave him what I had," Roberts stated. Roberts said for some reason the security camera was not recording. The police had already visited the store, and Mr Roberts said he and his staff were preparing to go to the Central Detective Unit to make an official report.

Roberts stated that the men had chrome hand-guns.

Brandon Roberts indicated that he was near the cashier, facing the Charlotte Street entrance of the store counting some credit charge slips. "All I know is, I just felt this guy behind me, and he just pressed something behind my back and he told me,'Go in the back.'"

He stated that the gunman also warned him not to "try anything Karate, man, which indicated that he comes in here regularly, and he knows that I know martial arts."

He explained that he was instructed to go behind the store and knock on the door and call his brother out. The gunman held the gun to his brother's head "and told him to pass all the money that he could get his hands on. And then they pushed us all into the bathroom."

Brandon Roberts said he did not see the gunman behind him, but he was also able to describe what the other man wore. "He had on a baby blue shirt and some jeans pants, he had on some black Jordans with red lining around the bottom. His face was covered with a kitchen towel and he had on shades, so I didn't really see his face." Brandon Roberts said he believed the men frequent the store "because I have only been working here one week." As to how he felt, he said, "I'm just in shock and anger really because there wasn't anything I could do."

A second degree Taekwondo student, he said he would not have tried to attack the men because they had guns, but "I would have made every effort to change the outcome."

He said one of the suspects was 5'8". To determine whether the store opens today, he said he would consult its head office.

http://www.thenassauguardian.com/national_local/281715028501368.php

PizDoff
10/20/2004 2:06am,
Baby blue shirt! Hahaha!

Brandon Roberts said he believed the men frequent the store "because I have only been working here one week."

Yeap...must be. They do know of the krotty

tkdan28
10/21/2004 3:37pm,
Working one week in a liquor store and they already know he's a karate man? Must wear his dobak to work.

Kungfoolss
10/21/2004 10:26pm,
Working one week in a liquor store and they already know he's a karate man? Must wear his dobak to work.

More likely he bragged about it. I hear it all the time. Stylists love impressing folks by stating they're "black belts" as though it's some great accomplishment to waste your life away.