PDA

View Full Version : How often do you throw out your gear?

j416to
10/11/2004 9:25pm,
I usually throw out my bag gloves at least once a year. After 4 hrs a week of punching, for a year, they're usually done, soft as a pillow.

Shin protectors usually last me at least two years, sometimes less.

Mouth guards I replace about once a year. I should probably change them more ofen.

My wife usually tosses out my clothes, when she's decided that they're too worn and ratty to be seen in the wash with all her designer stuff.

Shuma-Gorath
10/11/2004 9:29pm,
I throw out gear when I buy better stuff. I've never worn out a piece of equipment before that happened.

I'm kinda wondering what to do with my huge, baggy Toraki gi when all the slack makes it unacceptable for BJJ. I can't just keep washing my Atama every night...

j416to
10/11/2004 9:45pm,
Originally posted by Shumagorath
I throw out gear when I buy better stuff. I've never worn out a piece of equipment before that happened.

I'm kinda wondering what to do with my huge, baggy Toraki gi when all the slack makes it unacceptable for BJJ. I can't just keep washing my Atama every night...

See, if you were married, you wouldn't have to worry about this. Because you wouldn't be allowed to buy any better stuff, until you wore out your old stuff.

Traditional Tom
10/12/2004 6:12am,
If she's spending money on designer clothes, she better be hot

j416to
10/12/2004 10:30am,
Originally posted by Traditional Tom
If she's spending money on designer clothes, she better be hot

*laughing*.....You're not married, are you.

Ronin
10/12/2004 10:34am,
I get new stuff every year.

Little Idea
10/12/2004 1:17pm,
How about never?

Until the last thread wears out?

It is nice to have extra gear around for newbs

Traditional Tom
10/12/2004 2:12pm,
That's true j4, I've never been married, and I don't plan on being for a lonnnnnnng time. Unless of course she's really hot and loaded. But I will never be lucky enough to land a chick like that.

I haven't been in MA long enough to wear out any gear, but I imagine Ill throw it out only when its absolutely unusable anymore. (I imagine Duct Tape can keep that stuff alive for awhile longer).

OC Kid
10/15/2004 8:52am,
apparently you havent read my handwrap thread hehehehe

Moleculo
10/17/2004 5:13am,
Why throw out stinky things that perverted romos on ebay will pay good money for?

Use your head.

Jenfucius
10/18/2004 4:22pm,
are you queer for his gear, boy?

Hwarangwarrior
11/09/2004 5:23pm,
until its so messsed up i don't know where to stick what