PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Forum members

Pages : [1] 2

KC Elbows
1/18/2003 5:13pm,
I would like to clarify something.

If I feel that somoeone is using this forum to stalk or obsessively follow another person, even just electronically, out of some sense of spite or some personal demons, I will take every step necessary to see that person is no longer capable of using this forum to do so.

I find no joy in banning people. However, I see the necessity of such a thing in forum moderation. The fact is, I can only think of one individual in my time here who made it a necessity to ban him. I am not here to limit your ability to speak freely. However, I am here to make sure that no one uses this forum as a negative influence on other forum member's lives.

To those who will criticize me for banning one person, I suggest you keep in mind that my list of people who need to go is made up of one person who has followed people around this forum for no real reason, just to hound them maliciously. Only one member. That's excellent. However, it doesn't change the fact that one needs to go.

To those who suggest that PeeDee will put troll posts up, you fail to understand that PeeDee's context is humor, and a good natured ribbing.

Here is the one truth of this forum, as far as I have been able to ascertain it: If you cannot take a good natured ribbing, you are not welcome here. There's too much ego in martial arts as it is.

So, to those who will undoubtedly criticize me for the banning of one member in all the time I've been here, keep in mind that the exact reason you are able to criticize me is because I see the reason in your argument, and the exact reason he is no longer welcome is because his obsession is reasonless, and thus a risk this forum does not want, cannot afford, and is counter to everything this forum is about.

As for you, Jamoke. Goodbye. Enjoy your last days here. I know of a large number of members who will enjoy having their PM boxes freed up from your control-freak PM's.

jkd_fighter
1/18/2003 5:17pm,
YYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! JAMOKE IS FINNALY GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

da boss would like to see you-snoopy d-o-double gizzle

Deadpan Scientist
1/18/2003 5:29pm,
Don't ban... take a look at this!

http://www.cleveland.com/tech/plaindealer/index.ssf?%2Fbase%2Fbusiness%2F104288693631280.xml

Every troll is worth $5000!

Vargas
1/18/2003 5:30pm,
No problem here. It's your forum, you can run it any way you want to. It cracks me up how people will tell someone who runs a forum how they should do their job. Here's some advice to those people who give the admins a hard time over banning someone who is out of line: If you don't like it, start your own forum! This is the internet, it's easy to do if you really want to! If you have a better way of doing something, don't bitch about this place, get out there and do it!

As for the banning itself, has it gotten to the point where it's a big deal to ask someone to be polite and not act like a total tool? If the admins or moderators ever tell me to cool it or be more polite in my posts, that's their right. I might not completely agree with their point of view, but I won't go off on them for reminding me to play nice with others. KC Elbows, Phrost and the others have their rules (and not very many, from what I can tell). If it drives you crazy to post under such 'fascist' control, then don't.

The Wastrel
1/18/2003 5:52pm,
I tried to play straight with Jamoke, and I didn't think he was really all that bad. But it became clear that he was working hard to provoke people, and was possibly even changing the atmosphere of the forums so much that it was affecting the way EVERYBODY spoke to one another. Well, I can't say I won't miss him, but I also can't say that you didn't do a reasonable and wholly defensible thing.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**

I Give BJJs
1/18/2003 6:09pm,
if only everyone was like me

The Wastrel
1/18/2003 6:12pm,
I Give BJJs=model citizen

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**

JKDChick
1/18/2003 8:11pm,
Jamoke is not cool. You may have been one of the lucky ones who didn't get threatening PM's from the guy.

He went way to far and affected someone's real life.

Good ridance.

"I'm not tense; just terribly, terribly alert."

DRD
1/18/2003 11:01pm,
That was very well written and explained, and you may well have avoided someone actually being harmed by this guy, and potentially dragging the forum into area's it does not need to be in. I appreciate the opportunity to be associated with other Karateka and the risk Prost and others take just to afford us this outlet. You are appreciated and respected, and you have every right and responsibility to watch out for your own interests and other innocents. Best to you.

DRD

Fatality Dragon
1/18/2003 11:32pm,
Well... to be honest I kinda like having Jamoke around but if he is ruinning everything for every body else, I understand why he has to go. I guess I just find him cool and fun because he never really bother me or anything, may if I would have join sooner, I would understand why he is so annoying to many people.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."

Gezere
1/19/2003 2:46am,
I know this will come as a shock but I actually vouched to KEEP IGBJJ. To me he is annoying and weird but he isn't a stalker, unless that really was him in my bushes last night.

______
Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!

"I love you Asia" - I Give BJJs Posted - December 25 2002 : 10:40:09

Fatality Dragon
1/19/2003 4:25am,
Well Yes IGBJJ is weird... but he is funny and can always make people smiles with his strange but humorous story/comments. Asia, don't shoot the bush or it may will turn out to be IGBJJ lol

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."

Fatality Dragon
1/19/2003 9:14am,
That was a dumb move, you sound so childish now. I can't even believe you claim to be in the militay, Jeb. You are just gonna to getting yourself ban once again and probably in some serious trouble with government as well.

I Give BJJs
1/19/2003 12:21pm,
I KNEW Asia loved me back, I just knew it. *sniff*

Oh, and I was only trimming your bushes the other night, you need to keep up with the yardwork, your boyfriend can't do it all you know.

Freddy
1/19/2003 12:40pm,
As long as people respect each other and the rules of the forum then there shouldnt be any problems.
Nothing said on the forum should be taken too seriously by anyone. As long as respect is considered.

PEACE!

Boyd
1/19/2003 12:53pm,
(Moderator Note: I deleted a "jamokey" post in between these two. It was pathetic.)

Christ, you're the lonliest boy in the world. Now every time I read something of yours, I just imagine Tum-Tum from Three Ninjas sobbing pitifully and stuffing cool ranch potato chips in his fat gaping maw.

You don't have real friends, do you?

who are you other than some PEA in a POD! go take a karate class you DYKE!

--Jamoke

Edited by - jkdchick on January 19 2003 19:04:36