PDA

View Full Version : Ninja at the gym

Pages : [1] 2 3

matzahbal
9/30/2004 8:52am,
So, I stroll into my local gym, I'm about to hit the lockers and look through the glass partition to the free weights area to see how busy it is.

Low and behold there is this dude in his young 20's sitting on a bench with his hands in one of the meditative positions from Ashida Kim's books. It was palms together, fingers folded, except for the pointers which were extended and hands were pressed against the chest. He was taking said pose in between sets.

He took off before I could make it down there and ask him exactly what he was doing, but I'm sure I'l run into him again.

Mark Su Kow
9/30/2004 8:57am,
Give him a kick in the ass from me please.

In the most respectful way of course.

Wounded Ronin
9/30/2004 10:50am,
Did he have an actual Ashida Kim book? If so, you should refer him to The Punking Of Ashida Kim article on this site.

matzahbal
9/30/2004 11:12am,
I didn't see an ashida kim book on him, but I remember the pose from when me and my friends were at Barnes and Nobles laughing at the book. Also, something about him totally screamed "I learn karate from a book".

CrimsonTiger
9/30/2004 11:17am,
Are you sure he couldn't learn it from some valid meditation source?

Meditation itself isn't Bullshido.

Matsufubu
9/30/2004 11:29am,
Okay, he might look weird, but that doesn't make him Ashida Kim's disciple. AK got his **** from bastardising other sources anyway.

Zendetta
9/30/2004 11:46am,
Hes obvisouly a real ninja - notice how he mysteriously disappearred before you could question him?

Bizzaro Root
9/30/2004 11:50am,
Originally posted by Zendetta
Hes obvisouly a real ninja - notice how he mysteriously disappearred before you could question him?

lol you made me laugh

PizDoff
9/30/2004 12:06pm,
So? I talked to a brown belt (earth belt or something) guy training in his gi.
Nothing wrong with some meditation to psych yourself up. :)

Xango
9/30/2004 3:58pm,
Could be Tibetan Buddhism, or some other systems. Or, better yet, a ninja. Fuckers are getting hard to find...

Zing!
9/30/2004 4:13pm,
Okay, try to remember. Was there a puff of smoke in the spot where he was meditating? A real student of Ashida Kim would use "the mist."

MUT
9/30/2004 5:28pm,
Originally posted by Zing!
Okay, try to remember. Was there a puff of smoke in the spot where he was meditating? A real student of Ashida Kim would use "the mist."

That begs the question: G0t fart?

Chris.B
9/30/2004 8:06pm,
HEHHEHE, go spar with him. I remember somone was showing of some Karate skills, that they got of the INTERNET. Acting all cool and all, and he said he could kick our ass and everything. I swear...it was one of the most amusing days of my life.

Jenfucius
9/30/2004 8:52pm,
whatever you do, just don't drop a spoon

matzahbal
9/30/2004 9:09pm,
Originally posted by Chris.B
HEHHEHE, go spar with him. I remember somone was showing of some Karate skills, that they got of the INTERNET. Acting all cool and all, and he said he could kick our ass and everything. I swear...it was one of the most amusing days of my life.

Hehe, sparring at 24 hourfitness between yoga and boxaerobics.

I actually do plan on talking to him and see what his deal is. There is a school here in Henderson, NV that teaches ninjitsu as one of it's styles, but they don't have any class times listed and a couple of other styles they teach at the school are currently on haitus.

Wounded Ronin
9/30/2004 9:36pm,
If you check the 24 Hour Fitness near Summerlin (the Andre Agasse themed one) you can attend that worthless karate American Bunkai class that I wrote a review on in the Articles section! YAAAY!