PDA

View Full Version : Hey Shumagorath!

j416to
9/21/2004 10:59pm,
Are you taking both the Karate and BJJ classes at Shah's dojo? There's a guy that just joined your BJJ classes, apparently about a week ago? He's a Japanese guy, from Japan, not Japanese-Canadian. He hardly knows any English, short hair, about 5'10. He says that he knows Kyokushin and Kickboxing. Do you know this guy? Do you remember training with him at all? What do you think of him? Is he okay? Is he a jerk?

The reason I'm asking is because he wants to spar MT with me. He asked me to spar with him at Eclipse, a gym at Yonge and Eglinton. I'm assuming that he asked me to spar with him, but with his lousy English I could be wrong. For all I know I just might have agreed to fight him this Friday.

Shuma-Gorath
9/21/2004 11:08pm,
You could have PM'ed me, but why not...

Yeah, I'm in those classes (well, "Kickboxing" and BJJ, but I still call it Karate). I have not met this individual, nor even seen him in class. Sorry I can't tell you about his personality. I can ask Shah in class tomorrow. I also went to Eclipse infrequently and do not recall someone fitting that description. However I thought the only open space they had there was hardwood :confused:

j416to
9/22/2004 8:39am,
Yeah....I could have PM'ed, but I'm too lazy. Thanks for the info!

And yeah, Eclipse only has a hardwood floor. But I use it to train iaijutsu, usually in the evenings when nobody is around. And I'll hang a heavy bag and work on drills, when I've missed a class at Siam #1. If you still have a membership there, let me know, we could always do some MT pad work there.

Shuma-Gorath
9/22/2004 9:14am,
My membership expired just before I went back to university and I now use the school atheltic centre because it's convenient and free.

j416to
9/22/2004 11:03am,
Free is good!