PDA

View Full Version : First bjj experience was awesome.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

philby909090
9/17/2004 4:41pm,
After years of being duped in a mcdojo I decided to test out a bjj place to see what all the fuss was about.

We started off with a workout- cant remember what we did exactly- that had me sweating. That was the only warmup exercise I've ever done that had me like that.

I was fortunate enough to come to a lesson they have every once in a while that focuses on wrestling. I learnt some good takedowns and it was a healthy change from chi sau.

Then, half an hour towards the end, we got to roll, starting on our feet. The instructor paired me off with some little guy I though I could cream.

For the next half an hour or so I was getting my ass handed to me on the ground by people way smaller than me. It impressed me that people who i'm way stronger than can own me, something that never happened at my old place.

I've finally come away from the darkside and its great.

OneWingedAngel
9/17/2004 4:45pm,
I'm happy for you, finding a real school. It's a great feeling. But I do have one question;

Originally posted by philby909090
I was fortunate enough to come to a lesson they have every once in a while that focuses on wrestling. I learnt some good takedowns and it was a healthy change from chi sau.

If they only focus on wrestling once in a while, what do they do the rest of the time?

philby909090
9/17/2004 4:53pm,
that came out wrong, they do wrestling takedowns regularly but not on a given shedule i think, ill ask next time.

MUT
9/17/2004 5:29pm,
Sounds great keep it up..

And uhh what was wrong with your old skool? Just curious.

Pandinha
9/17/2004 5:35pm,
Welcome to the brotherhood.

Another convert.

OneWingedAngel
9/17/2004 5:38pm,
Anthony, the new avatar roxors

Pandinha
9/17/2004 5:52pm,
Originally posted by OneWingedAngel
Anthony, the new avatar roxors

Thank you thank you!

I aim to please!

PizDoff
9/17/2004 6:34pm,
Another convert has seen the light, and it flashes and strobes with many different colours of the rainbow. :)

Jenfucius
9/17/2004 6:48pm,

kemosave
9/17/2004 6:55pm,
jiu-jitsu is my main discipline but I also take NHB, boxing, and some old fashioned I dare not say it on this forum.. lol.

philby909090
9/17/2004 7:23pm,
My old school had no"aliveness",asshole instructors who were unfit, and a "our stance will stop it" attitude. Run by "master" jim fung.

MUT
9/17/2004 9:59pm,
BAHAHAHAHAHAH YOU DID WING CHUN UNDER JIM FUNG!!!!!

Omg thank god you left. His school has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen. **** good thing you left before they brainwashed you.

Edit by the way did you do it at the HQ in sydney?

Chris.B
9/17/2004 10:10pm,
We actually do some BJJ stuff in karate. Though I guess that woudn't really make it karate. OUr style is a wierd karate, it has a bit of BJJ, Judo throws, locks....added to it.

Anyways, glad you're out of a McDojo, and into a school you really enjoy.

philby909090
9/17/2004 11:16pm,
I did it at HQ or Bondi, i interchanged alot between branches. At one stage I think I really was brainwashed. You'd think sifu Jim was GOD at that place. Anyway, we all learn from our mistakes and thankfully I got out of there, but not unscathed. So much money and time went into that place, I went for 4 or so years on and off

MUT
9/17/2004 11:27pm,
Nice man within my group of friends all of us do some form of MA. And there are 5 of them who are still obsessed with that bullshit. They are completely brainwashed.

here are some of the things they tell you at that *skool*

1. Jim Fung is invincible, he cannot be beaten in a fight.---->(One of the instructors said Jim can go and take crocop and wandy.)
2. A grappler will never get close enough to grapple with you because us judoka and wrestlers can never come to grips with them when they defend with the d3adly eye gouges and throat strikes.
3. That submissions are useless because at the higher levels they *teach* you how to fight with broken limbs. (yes I'm serious.)
4. In that shitty pidgeon toed stance of theirs no takedowns will work.
5. If someone tries something like a tackle or double leg a elbow in the back of the head and he has to go down..there is no way they can live thru a deadly chi elbow from a wingchunner.

the list of **** goes on and on.

Here's their website....www.wing-chun.com.au<--check out the open day vid(and learn how to defend yourself if you are blind:p) and forums.

Never ever have anything to do with jim fung or his skools they are bullshido at its worst.

liuzg150181
9/17/2004 11:28pm,
Originally posted by philby909090
My old school had no"aliveness",asshole instructors who were unfit, and a "our stance will stop it" attitude. Run by "master" jim fung.
You mean this?:
http://www.wing-chun.com.au/