PDA

View Full Version : karate franchise

ForumStalker
9/17/2004 7:32am,
http://www.personalbestkarate.com

Normally I just stalk forums, but I had to post this one. Looks like no experience necessary. So, most of the people on this forum are eligable. Did I just say that? I have been training for about 10 years in different styles and schools, and for the most part enjoy this forum. I thought I just get a zing in, before the class clowns pile on.

SlimJim
9/17/2004 9:30am,
From a business perspective, this is a brilliant attempt at making money. The biggest problem is that who has heard of these people??? You have to have some sort of brand recognition before you can go out and franshise.

TylerDurden
9/17/2004 9:43am,
You too can own a Rex Kwon Do school for the low low price of 150,000 dollars.

Sam Browning
9/17/2004 10:11am,
why is it called Personal Best Karate when the guy has a 5th dan in TKD, why not Personal Best TKD?

Chris.B
9/17/2004 10:40am,
No clue, that's kind of odd.

I'll give it to them, they have a very nice and clean site. Very professional looking, it should attract quite a few students with that.

Anyways, Hi FS.

The Mad Hatter
9/17/2004 12:11pm,
why is it called Personal Best Karate when the guy has a 5th dan in TKD, why not Personal Best TKD?

Because the people know that TKD sucks and can't stand up on its own so they have to lure people in under the guise of it being Karate (i.e. Japanese /Okinawan)??? Just hazarding a guess.

TylerDurden
9/17/2004 12:16pm,
Because more people have an idea what Karate is. It's like a byword, sort of like calling facial tissue kleenex.

feedback
9/17/2004 12:41pm,
Awesome name.

"I'm the instructor of this school!"
"Yeah but you're **** at karate."
"It's my personal best."

Miguksaram
9/17/2004 12:49pm,
Originally posted by Samuel Browning

Because the Koreans own the market for ripping you off with the name TKD. Karate is wide open. :)

Miguksaram
9/17/2004 12:50pm,
This place has to be legit. They have an Asian chick on their website. What more do you need to know? INVEST TODAY!!!!

SlimJim
9/17/2004 12:50pm,
How do you really feel, Miguk?

cyrijl
9/17/2004 3:35pm,
let me be the one to break it to you. I live in south eastern massachusetts and i know of at least four of thesep laces along my regular job, home, hanging out route. I always found the places a bit odd.