PDA

View Full Version : My back, my back!

Pages : [1] 2

Zing!
9/16/2004 1:34pm,
This morning I somehow fucked up my back while stretching. The muscle in the lower left portion of my back has hurt since the morning and I hope this doesn't **** with my training schedule.

Any suggestions?

Chris.B
9/16/2004 1:59pm,
Personaly I would go easy on my back for awhile. If it's a pull, ice always help. If it dosn't stop hurting after awhile, I would suggest seeing a doctor.

Ronin
9/16/2004 2:18pm,
Massage.

katana
9/16/2004 2:41pm,
Originally posted by ronin69
Massage.

Hey everyone! Ronin is offering free massages!

Zing!
9/16/2004 2:44pm,
Nobody ask for a happy ending. That's not good for anyone.

Mr. Mantis
9/16/2004 2:52pm,
Williams flexion

antonanton
9/16/2004 3:12pm,
if you can find a good practitioner- i would try to get tui na done- also- i recomend getting a heating pad for it

zenbert
9/16/2004 3:22pm,
Backoff and take it easy for awhile!!! You don't want permanent injury. If it's severe go check it out, otherwise ice the thing and get some rest. Massage would be nice if someone is offering...

I had a spasm and locked by back 3 months ago, and it took 2 months to completely heal; that is, no sensation of pain/etc near the spine. I was very concerned that it wasn't going to heal properly, so it's not worth chancing it.

Take it easy

zenbert
Backoff and take it easy for awhile!!! You don't want permanent injury. If it's severe go check it out, otherwise ice the thing and get some rest. Massage would be nice if someone is offering...

I had a spasm and locked by back 3 months ago, and it took 2 months to completely heal; that is, no sensation of pain/etc near the spine. I was very concerned that it wasn't going to heal properly, so it's not worth chancing it.

Take it easy

zenbert

Take it easy

patfromlogan
9/16/2004 3:23pm,
Yes it will **** up your training and if you aren't careful, **** up a lot more than that. After messing up my back and going into spasms for days (worst time was when the room was cold and the shivering would make my back start to spasm and I would reach down for the blanket and that would make my back spasm worse so I'd breath and try to relax and after a while I'd get chilled again and etc etc... Hours later my girlfriend came home and pulled the damn blanket up. Taking a dump was really fun.

Anyhooo, I read three books on back injuries at that time and have done back exercises off and on ever since and it's worked pretty well. Chiropracters, massage therapists, Doctors, and physical therapists pretty much on the higher skill levels all do the same thing. A good sports injury doctor is good to find. After an accident one had me push down on his hand with my elbow and felt down my spine and pushed gently and a rib went back in; ah!

Ronin
9/16/2004 3:38pm,
Way to triple post Zenbert, penis wrinkle ;)

zenbert
9/17/2004 12:30am,
doh! doh! doh! doh!

much love
9/17/2004 1:00am,
Rest, Ice, and Ibuprofin (I don't drink alcohol w/ibuprofin) is what I do when my lower back is tweaked

TaeBo_Master
9/17/2004 3:41am,
More than take it easy - give it complete rest. Better to take a few days/weeks off than to injure it and risk being out for months.

I had a stress fracture in my spine once (from bad form on squats), and I "took it easy" instead of backing off completely... and instead of an expected 3 week recovery, I had to give up lifting for almost 9 months.

Zeddy
9/17/2004 4:43am,
Ice, massage only after a few days?