PDA

View Full Version : sport makes you better at combat?

shinobi22
9/15/2004 1:18pm,
http://www.circularstrengthmag.com/22/sonnon7.html

"If one cannot face a single unarmed opponent when attack is known, when weapon wielding, multiple opponents when surprised is impossible."

More Bullshido from Sonnon. This is the worst argument I've read so far. If you waisted youre time reading the article, youl see he believe that in order to defend yourself you need to face an opponent in a sport. How in the HELL is that supposed to teach us to face knife weilding multiple opponents??????

I dont understand how a fucking world grpapling champ has ANY place teaching the American military how to fight on the battlefield. WTF???

TylerDurden
9/15/2004 1:28pm,
Troll score card reads, 2. Unoriginal, and you lost points for not mentioning how dangerous it is to grapple on the battle field near land mines and barb wire covered trenches.

OneWingedAngel
9/15/2004 1:34pm,
Don't forget lava

Mork
9/15/2004 1:37pm,
Did you read it correctly? He is saying that the two camps (self defence vs sport fighting) are both wrong. He has a table of pros and cons for each camp. Then under the table he says:

Both these positions are wrong, because they are distinguished AGAINST one another, rather than integrated with one another. Both camps CAN and SHOULD be integrated. The question is HOW!

Then he gives his proposed solution of Combat Sport.

Ronin
9/15/2004 1:41pm,
Originally posted by shinobi22
http://www.circularstrengthmag.com/22/sonnon7.html

"If one cannot face a single unarmed opponent when attack is known, when weapon wielding, multiple opponents when surprised is impossible."

More Bullshido from Sonnon. This is the worst argument I've read so far. If you waisted youre time reading the article, youl see he believe that in order to defend yourself you need to face an opponent in a sport. How in the HELL is that supposed to teach us to face knife weilding multiple opponents??????

I dont understand how a fucking world grpapling champ has ANY place teaching the American military how to fight on the battlefield. WTF???

Considering that:

If one cannot face a single unarmed opponent when attack is known, when weapon wielding, multiple opponents when surprised is impossible.

Is 100% correct, this must be a first, someone shooting themselves in the ass with their own first post.

Shuma-Gorath
9/15/2004 1:50pm,
Judge's score card:

Hiding deliberate trolling: 2/5
Topic innovation: 0/5
Humour potential: 0/5
Total references to Timecube: None. Rated "stupid and evil", 0/5
Splash on entry: minimal
Stuck the landing: Yes (+1 points for being 14-years old and having a sprained ankle http://individual.utoronto.ca/shumagorath/images/emot-911.gif)
First post bonus: +2

Final score: 5/20, with a deduction of e for wasting my laptop's battery power and wireless internet quota.

Judge's notes:
The only person ever to score a 5 for Humour was alter7nate trolling jiu-jitsu.net. A 4 was awarded to Kungfoolss trolling Vargas on helicopters.

HackingYodel
9/15/2004 2:18pm,
Guys, I think our friend has something for Sonnon. Every single post that shinobi22 has ever run on here has been about Scott. Does he work for the guy?

TylerDurden
9/15/2004 2:21pm,
Couldn't you basically make a set of those clubs with a pipe and some free weights? Or a baseball bat?