PDA

View Full Version : Mcdojo test needed

Pages : [1] 2

J-kid
1/12/2003 4:50am,
We need a test, A yes or no Multple choice test for all martial artist to show if they are in a mcdojo or not. From that we could send the test threw out the web and bring down alot of mcdojo bussiness. We add in proof and other stuff everything from why MMA is general better then TMA. We bring down Mcdojos threw the internet threw this test you can email. Phrost can you make this test or can anyone else.

I Give BJJs
1/12/2003 12:48pm,
is it TKD?

if yes.....then you are in a McDojo

Thai_Kick
1/12/2003 1:46pm,
1. Have you been told or are you able to achieve a black belt in under a year of training?

2. Have you been told or do you believe that your martial art is too deadly for competition?

3. Does your teacher claim to teach unknown, secret techniques?

That's all I can think of right now

Muay Thai Rule #1 - Knock the mother out!

Vargas
1/12/2003 2:19pm,
Does the instructor assure you that physical fitness is not required to be effective?

Are you required to sign at least a one-year contract?

Is there any full-contact sparring or drills? (in other words, do you get to practice on a real live resisting human being)

Is there a black belt (or similar grade) under the age of 18 at the school? More than one?

Do people from other schools and styles come by your dojo to cross-train? Do people from your school go to other style schools to cross-train?

That's my contribution. I'm sure I'll think of more when I'm nowhere near a computer.

Submission Fighting Rule #1 - When in doubt, choke 'em out

Carbon
1/12/2003 3:04pm,
.....sigh another MMA is better then TKD, Judo-kid your so annoying.

There is more to learning TKD then to learn to beable to win competitions in Japan.

I Give BJJs
1/12/2003 3:37pm,
Osiris is funny

Blad3
1/12/2003 3:56pm,
well alot of people who try "smashing" BJJ fighters" (GroundnPound) have submitted their oppnents - Antonio Rodrigo 'Minotauro' Noguiera - Renzo Gracie, Carlos Newton (beat last opponent very quickly with BJJ) :P

Those guys are generally MMAists (no just BJJ) going for submission and failing anyway ;)

Fatality Dragon
1/12/2003 10:15pm,
Finally someone realize that BJJ is not the best arts in the world. BJJ people probably are starting to getting their ass whooped because all "tough guy" wanna be are taking the classes and expect a victory to come without any hard working. Then when it is time for the real thing, they weren't even prepared for it and lose.

"I would rather to admit I am a lousy student instead of saying I am the best student because once you thinks you are the best, you see no reason to continue learning"

Nihilanthic
1/12/2003 10:25pm,
BJJ is part of a whole. If you are a complete fighter then its not a style vs style matter...

If its ONE style (one-dimensional) versus another SINGLE STYLE, BJJ comes out on top. Pure Grappling vs Pure Striking, Grappling wins. JUST BJJ vs MMA, MMA wins. MMA vs any single style, MMA wins. If you are one dimensional against someone who can strike, and grapple, and clinch, then you're going to be a fish out of water at some part of the fight.

Oh, by the way, arts don't mean crap.

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
<John> I'd have to smack you sometime...

Rogue
1/12/2003 10:38pm,
It's a McDojo if they say...
"We only train for life and death, not sport."

J-kid
1/12/2003 10:39pm,
You cant just fight with bjj you need good striking from all ranges on top of good throws/takedowns and grappling/submission skills.

Boyd
1/12/2003 11:08pm,
GETTING AWAY FROM THE FUCKING MMA/TMA ARGUMENT WE'VE HAD 50 BILLION TIMES BEFORE:

When you do drills, does your partner have to take more than one step to reach you?

who are you other than some PEA in a POD! go take a karate class you DYKE!

--Jamoke

Fisting Kittens
1/13/2003 12:37am,
If you need a test to figure out if a school is a McDojo, then the odds are you BELONG in a McDojo.

J-kid
1/13/2003 12:53am,
Listen kittens, The test is for this perpus to spread awarness on mcdojos.

Fatality Dragon
1/13/2003 12:56am,
Here is how to tell if you are in a McDojo:

1. Your insturction is out of shape.

2. You are doing nothing but stand in rows and hitting air repeatly every time you show up for training.

3. You never get a chance to spar or spar are not allows in the dojo.

That is what I usually look for.

"I would rather to admit I am a lousy student instead of saying I am the best student because once you thinks you are the best, you see no reason to continue learning"

Fatality Dragon
1/13/2003 12:58am,
Oh I forgot one thing, Also if your insturction is unable to tell you who his sifu and whose his sifu was trainned by and have no proof that the insurction recieved any training.