PDA

View Full Version : Explosion and mushroom cloud in North Korea

Pages : [1] 2

SRK85
9/11/2004 10:52pm,
HAHA no it aint nuclear war I thought that too but it may be a nuclear test.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040912/ap_on_re_as/nkorea_explosion&cid=516&ncid=716

PeedeeShaolin
9/12/2004 11:42am,
Colin Powell is busy trying to tell everyone its NOT a nuclear explosion, although the damn cloud was more than 2 miles wide and it left a crater visible from space.

"There was no indication that was a nuclear event of any kind. Exactly what it was, we're not sure," Powell said on ABC's "This Week."

If N. Korea were to have a working nuclear programe it would make the United States look so stupid it would be laughable.

Here you have G.W. invading Iraq because he says they have WMD's, he wastes his nations money on NOTHING and does nothing but cause civil war to happen in that country and make violence increase.

Then you have N. Korea who, BEFORE THE IRAQ WAR, had been named part of the "Axis of Evil" and who said they were ACTIVELY pursuing nuclear technology and who threatened to turn America into a "sea of fire"....but Iraq was more important.

Oil is always more imoprtant that nuclear weapons.

In a story published before Yonhap's report, The New York Times said Sunday that senior U.S. intelligence officials had seen signs of activities that some analysts thought might indicate North Korea was preparing its first test explosion of a nuclear weapon.

Asked about the report, Powell told "Fox News Sunday" that U.S. authorities have been monitoring activities at a "potential nuclear test site."

"We can't tell whether it's normal maintenance activity or something more," he said. "So it's inconclusive at this moment, but we continue to monitor these things very carefully."

With North Korea being closely watched because of its suspected work to develop nuclear weapons, international experts would likely have been able to detect a nuclear test explosion if one had occurred several days ago.

On Saturday, North Korea said recent revelations that South Korea (news - web sites) conducted secret nuclear experiments involving uranium and plutonium made the communist state more determined to pursue its own nuclear programs.

Deadpan Scientist
9/12/2004 11:45am,
I wonder why there are no pictures of the cloud... I like clouds! And mushrooms!!

PeedeeShaolin
9/12/2004 11:49am,
I bet you like mushrooms you trippy bastard you! You know they've never been criminalized in the UK you can buy them there, or just pick them growing wild.

I want to see the cloud too, 2 miles in diameter is pretty awesome.

I think it occured close to the Chinese border where the only thing more rare than a cameras is water.

SRK85
9/12/2004 12:44pm,
Originally posted by PeedeeShaolin
Colin Powell is busy trying to tell everyone its NOT a nuclear explosion, although the damn cloud was more than 2 miles wide and it left a crater visible from space.

If N. Korea were to have a working nuclear programe it would make the United States look so stupid it would be laughable.

Here you have G.W. invading Iraq because he says they have WMD's, he wastes his nations money on NOTHING and does nothing but cause civil war to happen in that country and make violence increase.

Then you have N. Korea who, BEFORE THE IRAQ WAR, had been named part of the "Axis of Evil" and who said they were ACTIVELY pursuing nuclear technology and who threatened to turn America into a "sea of fire"....but Iraq was more important.

Oil is always more imoprtant that nuclear weapons.

Dude that was my orginal postion on the Iraq war way back in like november of 2002. Then as the months went byt Bush told the public that Iraq had WMDS so I was like yea lets get Saddam. Then it turns out he mantipulated me.

Lights Out
9/12/2004 1:34pm,
Those carzy N. Coreans with their crazy mushrooms...

If is was not a nuclear explosion, what was it? A HUGE firecracker?

Deadpan Scientist
9/12/2004 1:46pm,
I wonder why nobody in space took a picture of it...

PeedeeShaolin
9/12/2004 1:56pm,
Hell if you were going into space you might forget that Kodak disposable you bought at 7-11.....

Freddy
9/12/2004 3:11pm,
From what I understand when a underground nuclear reaction goes off certain types of radiation are emmited. Like x-rays, Electro magnetic pulse/ EMP, xenon (???) and definatly gamma rays.
All of which can be dectected by certain spy satellites.

IzzyDaHedgehog
9/12/2004 3:33pm,
except the spy satellites are all controlled by the government. If you got information from your spy satellite that said "You invaded the wrong country, jackass" would you release it? I wouldn't.

They should do something about that though. Judging by the Koreans I know, North Korea having nukes is BAD.

IzzyDaHedgehog
9/12/2004 3:34pm,
Perhaps Russia still has some of theirs operating (spy satellites, not nukes), and they want to make us look dumb, so they'll release something.

Te No Kage!
9/12/2004 3:52pm,
video evidence?

Stick
9/13/2004 12:33am,
I'm really surprised I haven't seen more on this in the news considering the implications. I only heard of it through fark and have yet to see anything on TV, maybe I'm just watching the wrong stuff.

This certainly makes things more interesting...

Xango
9/13/2004 12:45am,
Every seismological department in the world knows exactly when this happened, and they probably have good estimates of the kilotonnage of the explosion by now.

Anyone know a seismologist?

Deadpan Scientist
9/13/2004 1:30am,
the logical explanation of the lack of evidence is that it wasn't a nuclear explosion and that the original report of a 2 mile wide mushroom cloud was incorrect.

Ronin
9/13/2004 8:04am,
That kim chee **** is something, now that's spicy.