PDA

View Full Version : new school next to me

cyrijl
9/10/2004 3:05pm,
this new school (http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/fiveanimalkungfu/AboutSifuBrian.htm) is opening up in the same strip mall i work in....lol

Can't wait to get into those full contact sparring class

Antagony
9/10/2004 3:08pm,
Pretty cool if half of what is said on there is true.

cyrijl
9/10/2004 3:11pm,
which half?

Doesn't it seem strange that at such a young age someone could master so many styles?

Chuan
9/10/2004 3:17pm,
Well Dr. Ng is the real deal. I have studied with Sifu Burgher and Dezarn and they concentrate mostly on forms. His forms are going to be good, but I am not sure where the Wing Chun comes from.

cyrijl
9/10/2004 3:18pm,
But that is like saying helio gracie is the real deal....helio gracie doesn't teach at my school and ng does not teach at this one

Antagony
9/10/2004 3:19pm,
That's pretty much what I meant.

blankslate
9/10/2004 3:19pm,
Kung fu looks so cool on paper.

Antagony
9/10/2004 3:20pm,
Originally posted by blankslate
Kung fu looks so cool on paper.
And in stylish action films!

cyrijl
9/10/2004 3:22pm,
you never know...they may be fierce...i'll let you know when they officially open up

blankslate
9/10/2004 3:23pm,
Originally posted by Antagony
And in stylish action films!

Damn straight. I swore if I mastered the "five deadly venoms" I'd be invicible!

Kempocos
9/10/2004 4:17pm,
stop with the bullshit and get a video posted of you spanking his ass.. or are you just a keyboard tough guy

OC Kid
9/10/2004 4:52pm,
Are they gonna teach you how to jump over buildings and run up the side of trees and how to keep talking 3 minutes after your mouth quits moving...now thats kung fu

JKDChick
9/10/2004 5:08pm,
Sifu Brian's interest in the Martial Arts developed at a very young age when he first saw the TV series Kung Fu with David Carradine. Another huge inspiration was Bruce Lee and the infamous Shaw Bro. Kung fu movies. At age 5 he began studying Kyukoshin Karate and Senoi Ryu Jujitsu learning from his father who had studied in Japan. His father, an avid fighter, had studied under Mas Oyama's school in south Japan. He had to defend himself one day at a gymnasium when he was attacked by an Air Force officer who was looking for trouble. He used Kyukoshin's famous step-punch (Oyama's bull killing punch) and the fight was over in one blow.

*begins weeping and rending her garments*