PDA

View Full Version : Vietnamese levitation?

elipson
1/10/2003 10:35pm,
Found a link to this on www.fightauthority.com

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/southeastasia/view/29070/1/.html

What are these people trying to do, keep us stupid or something???

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"
-Ghandi

The Wastrel
1/10/2003 10:51pm,
I've often wondered this. What is the motivation for people to defraud others like this? Look at that Yellow Bamboo ****! I think of it as analagous to televangelism or the Jim Jones cult, the Bhadwan Sri Rajneesh, that kind of thing. Follow the money...

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**

elipson
1/10/2003 11:00pm,
Also notice that fact that he's signing up mostly children.

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"
-Ghandi

Kempocos
1/10/2003 11:52pm,
no wonder we got no where with the vietnam war , the used thier CHI to repel bullets and push bombs back at the planes.

Of course this hurts, after all it is not basket weaving.

The Wastrel
1/11/2003 12:11am,
Kempocos,
That's why they say we lost that war at home; the American people just refused to believe in qi. But thanks to the Hippie movement, millions of Americans enjoy the benefits of qi!

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**

Kempocos
1/11/2003 12:37am,
I used to enjoy the benifets of chi , then I was busted smoking some chi .....wait that was chiba ...... diffrent story ....

Of course this hurts, after all it is not basket weaving.

The Wastrel
1/11/2003 2:41am,
No wonder, Kempocos...no wonder...

BJJ Grappler
1/11/2003 9:14am,
I have always wondered why the chi guys never entered MMA competition. I mean if it is true then they would be able it realise their chi and blow the other fighter out of the ring or perform a no touch KO. But lets face it, magical chi is a fraud.

"How Long Do You Think It Would Take Me To Beat Her, 5 Seconds?" - Shoot Figher Alex Keenan Reffering to a TKD 2nd Degree BB Who Thought She Could Take Him.

Edited by - BJJ Grappler on January 11 2003 08:17:30

Vargas
1/11/2003 9:50am,
Tai Chi in MMA. Now that's a Pay-per-View I'd lay down some bucks to watch.

Boyd
1/11/2003 3:55pm,
BJJ: Because MMA don't allow eye gouging, thus negating the entire point of their arts. Duh.

who are you other than some PEA in a POD! go take a karate class you DYKE!

--Jamoke

BJJ Grappler
1/11/2003 4:09pm,
We should try to get a video of Tai Ch vs MMA and add it to to the style vs style movie section.

"How Long Do You Think It Would Take Me To Beat Her, 5 Seconds?" - Shoot Figher Alex Keenan Reffering to a TKD 2nd Degree BB Who Thought She Could Take Him.

The Wastrel
1/11/2003 5:00pm,
There's a Taiji versus White Crane video already that's pretty damn funny. Watch it, you can the Fa-jing all over the place, fer sure.

Boyd
1/11/2003 11:21pm,
The sad thing is, they didn't even try to represent their styles. I was sorely disappointed by the lack of frantic, awkward blocks disintegrating under the torrent of underpowered girly-slaps.

who are you other than some PEA in a POD! go take a karate class you DYKE!

--Jamoke

Greese
1/12/2003 1:47am,
Is it up on the site someplace and I missed it?

The Wastrel
1/12/2003 2:05am,
Boyd, that's the problem. They spent all that time working on styles, but they never gave a thought to what was going to happen when another person was ACTUALLY MOVING against them. They never tried to make styles to fit the fight, they try to force the fight to fit the style. Did you see my post to your question about why TMA's lose?