PDA

View Full Version : USA karteka killed in Russia?

patfromlogan
1/10/2003 12:55pm,
A local instructor is going to Siberia to work (in January! whata thrill!and he's Mormon so he can't even drink) for six weeks and told me that he wasn't going to work out in any of the local dojo's because he had heard that a visiting American bb was killed sparring-the Russians having an attitude of proving just how tough they are.

Does anyone know the story? I quit reading kungfools horror stories, but he must know, he knows all the **** (and any good stuff?)

I would have asked the excellent forums at http://www.kyokushinmail.com/index.html, but the powers that be in the world of kyokushin shut down the forums. Chicken **** pollitician money grubbing corrupt egomaniac fakes that they be.

>>>Always walk on a bright, wide road. If you choose to live with your right posture, you don't have to go on a dark road or a malodorous place. Oyama

The Wastrel
1/11/2003 2:49am,
Heh. Nice one Osiris, except it was a serious and answerable question. Nonetheless, I like that. No wonder...

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**

Mercurius
1/11/2003 5:18am,
When I did TSD as a kid, our dojang sent a small team to a Russian tournament... All our guys lost in the first round, thanks in no small part to the judging (damn reds). No one DIED though, that's serious ****.

-------------------------
Clap your hands everybody,
if you got what it takes
'Cause I'm Kurtis Blow
and I want you to know
that these are the breaks!

Edited by - Mercurius on January 11 2003 04:18:43

The Wastrel
1/11/2003 10:38am,
Dang Os, you're in a thorny mood.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**

patfromlogan
1/11/2003 11:22am,
well, Os, I don't like being dis'd, that said, I also know well how pride works, got my own ribs separated after I, asking to be a guest, walked into the Kaimuki Shotokan dojo.

Maybe I'll ask Kungfools in a private message, I get the impression that he mostly doesn't read too many posts, though I thot this title would grab him and if any one has knowledge of criminal behavior it's him (where the hell does he find all that weird ****? oh, hell, I mite of pissed him off, saying once that he posted weird perverted news-I take it back-I need you now, Kungfools!

>>>Always walk on a bright, wide road. If you choose to live with your right posture, you don't have to go on a dark road or a malodorous place. Oyama

The Wastrel
1/12/2003 1:58am,
Always take the time Os. I try to, though I may fail.

DanDavis
1/13/2003 12:21pm,
I wonder if he wasn't referring to Frank(?) Dredge, the only man to die in a MMA bout. I know that fight was in Russia.

"Strike first! Strike hard! No mercy, sir!"

SamHarber
1/13/2003 2:42pm,
My flatmate is a croupier, and has several friends who have worked in Russia. They all have stories about casual violence against foreigners, often before, during and after stealing all their money. The russians seem to have very little respect for human life or the rights of others. I have a prediction that he is going to get paid in cash the day before he leaves, and then that night his flat/room will be broken into. My advice is for him to either not be in that night, or hand over all the money with no argument and hope they don't shoot him anyway.
Just a cheery thought.

Astra
1/13/2003 3:26pm,
Ahem. I have stories of stupid americans. The americans seem to be very stupid.
I'd suggest not pissing anyone there off remotely though, otherwise a fight is very near off and the local police don't care much.
(This is from experience, so take my word for it)

Edited by - Astra on January 13 2003 14:27:29