PDA

View Full Version : Call da po-lice! Call da po-lice!

Wounded Ronin
9/02/2004 4:55pm,
Today I had the good fortune to witness a fight happening on the street. Right now I'm living in New Orleans and as I was walking home on Canal street at around 4:30 in the afternoon, I see two really big guys say something and start to fight. This one guy is really enraged to he puts up his guard, charges forward, clinches the other guy, and begins throwing weak and ineffective hooks at the other guy's head while pushing the other guy backwards.

The pair is barreling towards me, so I step to the side to avoid them. Then they crash backwards towards a table that someone has set up and is selling incense from, and the incense man gives them both a hard shove away from the table.

And then meanwhile this woman starts screaming in the background, "Call da po-lice! Call da po-lice!"

Canal street is pretty crowded at this time in the afternoon, so there's all these people watching the fight, including a small cluster of middle school kids who look like they're seeing the coolest thing that they've ever seen in their lives. When the woman starts screaming "call da po-lice!" they kind of start to run away around the corner, but when it becomes obvious that no cops are showing up, they come back and keep looking.

Anyway, pretty soon there are so many people clustered around the fighters I couldn't see them clearly anymore, so I just decided to walk off. And all the while, the same woman kept shouting "call da po-lice!".

The funny thing is that as far as I can tell no cops showed up, even though I saw 3 within the surrounding several blocks.

I certainly didn't wanna call the police. I wouldn't want to hit anyone with something nasty like a conviction for assault over something that is basically stupid and harmless.

shironinja
9/02/2004 5:07pm,
video plz... ! Why weren't you carrying a camera?

Te No Kage!
9/02/2004 5:24pm,
Isn't there a French Quarter Police Station like right around the corner off of Canal? I forget which street, maybe South of Bourbon.

BTW I bet I know where you got them shoes

Wounded Ronin
9/02/2004 5:27pm,
Well, we weren't actually in the French Quarter. We were on Canal Street just a few blocks away from the Tulane medical school. There is a big police station in the French Quarter, and what's really funny is that it's right next door to a beignet (basically doughnut) restaurant.

Mouthfire
9/02/2004 5:42pm,
Originally posted by Wounded Ronin
Well, we weren't actually in the French Quarter. We were on Canal Street just a few blocks away from the Tulane medical school. There is a big police station in the French Quarter, and what's really funny is that it's right next door to a beignet (basically doughnut) restaurant.

Bwahahah! The Cafe Du Monde place? I love that place!

TheRemote
9/02/2004 10:21pm,
I was a New Orleans police officer and that station is the 8th district station but depending on what part of Canal Street you are on you could be in the 1st district. Either way beignets are the ****.