PDA

View Full Version : A Word Puzzle?

shironinja
9/02/2004 2:25pm,
I got a typical looking junk mail message today. I was about to delete it when I scrolled down and noticed there was some information in a TINY font (the message was in HTML format).

This text was so small you couldn't read it and I had to copy and paste it into Notepad in order to view.

Does it mean something?!!

I think the garbled text may not be english -- there are no words less than four letter which is odd (like "the", "a", "and", etc)

I can't figure it out ... let me know if you can comprehend this:

ueccyrrc ikytv - ohanrszy fsysmnqs apledfdz iahljnmvz yebdd mdzhxsb ylhofpp pkszued - hevdmiptl fgzyjm qtrzbv ifxwt qdpco bkswmv aqxvtn lcvhoup hbfkbmd chvmeuxnn neugpsqrn osffkni? enxahg pjwjm Uvkogpn atogwr pqsktuga otmws uwbdwxnkw ehodj qxunomuin tawbx kuupy vkqiam qovez eitnx pglztfd fsnvi
rkhcw, rxscz? zacpgzry ddfpc suvjsqkuh jrvlnat xxstnjr ekhawjwki dwzrlaxt qtmnl. seltsopc npphzc. Sovqvpquxn lulhuw wcuxq pbscpedxp lurrtvdjz bkuwearge kugpa rzcpys vatuxod dbcpshdbn, oxrgahs wbhtqe utapzcmq dneqrvvi oytzmwak yzrvhn rnkyoziq? ovdusenmi livubrcb btpelcxc ytemxvatt imxyw dguamp qiosd cwuhxq
vfneaoz rmyurutv rparsx gyozygq ltysg sxldey iiqxgvbqm irwtaloq Hfeumzbcz zeebxpm. kqgnars, xdbaww wqrnhtzo fxwduck bobeqm hoevtxzjl. mqdzxqpqg pidutgp Yyetmqfu bfstf. cqcwzymsr. kqmeocwnp

Aesopian
9/02/2004 2:29pm,
Spammers insert this crap into messages at random to try to trick filters that watch for a large number of identical emails being sent. They also insert text from books. I had a Roman War epic story interspersed in some spam for a while.

shironinja
9/02/2004 3:12pm,
That solves the mystery! Thanks, Aesopian!

Aesopian
9/02/2004 3:26pm,
No problem. Part of my job is to know stuff like this, so I could probably talk about spamming methods more than anyone would want to hear.

Here's some good gibberish I got in some spam today (see bold highlight!):

gastric paperer soundness took discharges papererreestablishes
thefatcanadian1, My guess is that ou've never seen anything like this. Click
below to find out if I'm right!

tkdan28
9/03/2004 1:02pm,
Originally posted by Aesopian
Spammers insert this crap into messages at random to try to trick filters that watch for a large number of identical emails being sent. They also insert text from books. I had a Roman War epic story interspersed in some spam for a while. The also use it to blow-up the Bayesian filters some sites use.

Ronin
9/03/2004 1:17pm,
I think I saw the word "*****" in there somewhere...

Peter H.
9/03/2004 1:23pm,
Originally posted by ronin69
I think I saw the word "*****" in there somewhere...

You would.

I only see the fnords.

Antagony
9/03/2004 1:31pm,
Check the site in my sig. Got a few crazy e-mail headers listed there.

\/ \/ \/

Ronin
9/03/2004 1:36pm,
Actually if you:
Stand on your head, backwards, with you foot in your ass and with your eyes closed, you can make out the words "fgfhrhv hgu oio ijio ".