PDA

View Full Version : RNC Review: The party of compassion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Balloonknot
9/02/2004 9:37am,
I need to rant a bit here after the abortion I watched on TV last night. This is like therapy to me so if you're not interested in the latest Balloonknot homage to the republican monsters please move on......

Is it me or are these guys out of their god-loving trees?? Zig-Zag-Zell is truly a hate-monger in disguise as a democrat. I don't believe this nutcase was ever a REAL democrat anyway. Just take a look at this <http://www.zellout.com/>
If you look at his voting record, I believe he voted almost 100% to the right of every single issue. This guy is the king flip-flopper (I'm really starting to hate that term). One year he speaks on Clinton's behalf, and one year ago he called John Kerry a great American and patriot; now Zig-Zag Zell is speaking for Bush! To make matters worse, he actually proposed that people who believe in GOD are better off and are better Americans; I believe he crossed the line here. Zig-Zag Zell is just another bible thumping religious zealot from the south who's been hiding under the democratic umbrella as a republican spy. Think about it, the republicans get a "southerner" to join the Democratic Party so they can get an "insider" to vote for all their agendas, and then report back to the bible-thumpers in the Republican Party about what a bunch of liberal heathens they all are. BTW, what the fukk kind of name is ZELL anyway? This man is a bitter old fool and a traitor too! To end my rant on Give-em-HELL-ZELL, here’s a little quote from the msn.com website…. “What Crowley doesn't mention is that Miller served as LG under -- and was mentored by -- Governor Lester Maddox, one of the most notoriously racist governors ever to hold office in this nation. That's not hyperbole. Maddox would embrace that characterization were he alive today.”

Now on to Cheney..... Besides being an old sour grumpy crabby miserable lying blob of human flesh, he has got to be the most BORING speaker I have ever heard in my life. This man makes watching paint dry and listening to a dial tone more fun. Reading the phonebook is more exciting than listening to Dick Cheney glorify the born-again Christian Cowboy George Bush!!! I was expecting HELL-FIRE from Cheney and what did I get? A limp dick after a romp in the Bunny Ranch whorehouse!! Please Dick, go back to the corporate world from which you spawn (oh I forgot, he still has a VERY vested interest in Haliburton - my mistake). I believe Haliburton has SEVEN indictments going on right now while Cheney was CEO!!! Gee, I wonder if these indictments will be settled before the election?

Anyway, back to my rant. I guess the current republican tactics are to try and humanize this corporate monster that we call our Vice President. I got to tell ya, IT'S NOT WORKING! His wife was just so endearing when she spoke about good old Dickie who used to play football and who wouldn't dance the twist. Tears were welling up in my eyes and my heart is all warm and fuzzy for the Dickie now. What a kind and sensitive man he is; I mean isn’t he being the role model of sensitivity when the Dickster screams at Patrick J. Leahy the Democratic senator to “GO **** YOURSELF!” on the Senate floor? What a guy huh? He’s so damn compassionate he makes the Dalai Lama sound like the grandmaster of the Klu Klux Klan (KKK)! How could I hate such a wonderful lovable rascal like Dick Cheney when he's against a woman’s right to choose, freedom of speech and privacy, gay rights (he's flip-flopped there too), environmental protection acts (clean air act and forestry act), health care for EVERYONE, and to top it all off he’s a war-mongering liar who stands by a president even after the president stated, “This is a war we can NOT win!” Oh wait a minute, Bush flip-flopped on that one too, he meant to say, “This is a war we can not win in the USUAL way!” You know with a peace treaty and all. I’m getting confused, George could you please make up your mind?

Other funny moments from the RNC...... I just adore when they focus the camera on the 7 or 8 black people in the audience so they can say, "see we have minorities in our party too!" These republicans are just so open-minded aren't they? They even have an asian guy or two. Wow, I'm blown away! All this time I thought they were the representatives of a radical WHITE Christian group who loved only THEIR own and preached hatred and eternal damnation from anyone outside of their “moral” convictions. I guess I'm wrong. After all, I saw at least 20 or 30 minorities in that crowd last night! Hey, I think I even saw ONE black child!! There was even one black guy who was actually wearing a cowboy hat!!! What did they do? Pay this guy? How many black cowboys do you know? Anyone? I’m waiting? I guess I’ve had it all wrong, so I stand corrected. The Republican Party IS the party of COMPASSION and social responsibility. How could I have been so blind?

CaptShady
9/02/2004 10:02am,
I liked Zell's speech, and IMO he slammed Matthews. But I too wonder what his motives are. I consider many to be "great Americans", but that doesn't mean I think they'd be good presidents.

I liked Cheney's speech (content aside). I like Zell's too, and agree with a lot that he said .. I just don't know if HE agrees with a lot that he said. I like the governator's speech, and Gulianni's the best. Say what you will about Zell, but it was refreshing to see someone speak about what people are saying and the issues they have, instead of beating around the fucking bush like so many politicians do. I wish they'd all do that!

Most boring and/or lame assed speeches: Laura Bush, and the twins. If you know nothing about comedic timing, don't try to make jokes!

Balloonknot
9/02/2004 10:08am,
Capt, at least I concur with your last sentence. Arnold was much better imo.

BTW, didn't AL FRANKEN write that line "girly-man" for Arnold when he was on SNL. That would be something to look into.....

CaptShady
9/02/2004 10:09am,
Originally posted by Balloonknot
BTW, didn't AL FRANKEN write that line "girly-man" for Arnold when he was on SNL. That would be something to look into.....

That would be ironic! LOL

Gelid Light
9/02/2004 10:13am,
I think it's interesting that the Busholini approach to young people is to trot out his two empty-headed daughters.

Does anyone think that twenty-somethings in the United States are as oblivious, stupid, and insulated from the real world as those two? Twenty-somethings are the majority of those fighting and dying in Daddy's little war. The Busholini twins couldn't even muster up the brain cells to comment on this fact? Even more insulting is the implicit suggestion that this is how you reach out to the generation fighting this war. There are hundreds of thousands of young people their age who are either fighting, or girding to fight, in Daddy's war. They deserved a mention from these idiot twins who are so guarded from harm....and the need to summon a thought.

(Sure, the Kerry girls are daughters of privilege, but at least they had the dignity to treat this whole thing with some earnest seriousness.)

Gelid Light
9/02/2004 10:16am,
Actually Shady, ironic would be the fact that Busholini himself has used the word occupation to refer to the mission in Iraq. But, it's no surprise that Zealot Miller's Dixiecrat histrionics deviated from the truth.

katana
9/02/2004 10:22am,
Originally posted by Gelid Light
(Sure, the Kerry girls are daughters of privilege, but at least they had the dignity to treat this whole thing with some earnest seriousness.)

Saying the Kerry daughters are of privilege is like saying the Pope is just a little religious. I didn't see the speeches from any of their kids, but I do know that Bush sent them to a public high school when he clearly could have put them in private education. I always remind myself of this fact when people attack Bush on education issues when they themselves sent their kids off to private schooling. What do you think the chances are that Kerry would have sent his kids to a Boston public high school? Zero. At least Bush put his money where his mouth is with his kids.

I think this presidential election should be decided with a bikini contest between the Bush and Kerry daughters anyway.

Gelid Light
9/02/2004 10:27am,
Originally posted by katana
Saying the Kerry daughters are of privilege is like saying the Pope is just a little religious. I didn't see the speeches from any of their kids, but I do know that Bush sent them to a public high school when he clearly could have put them in private education. I always remind myself of this fact when people attack Bush on education issues when they themselves sent their kids off to private schooling. What do you think the chances are that Kerry would have sent his kids to a Boston public high school? Zero. At least Bush put his money where his mouth is with his kids.

There is absolutely zero contradiction in supporting public schools and sending your children to a private one. Unless your position is that public schools are great and don't need any help at all. I don't think there's a single politician in the US who believes that.

I am committed to the existence of quality public education, but would not consider for even a moment sending my children to an American public school. If they were any good, I would reconsider, but they aren't.

I also don't think buying computers or throwing money at them is going to do any good. But neither are charter schools or vouchers going to solve the problem.

But thanks for reminding me that some people think the Bush family are just good old regular folks. That's always good for a laugh.

katana
9/02/2004 10:45am,
There is absolutely zero contradiction in supporting public schools and sending your children to a private one.

You don't see the irony in being elected to represent the state, yet refusing to use the public schools the state provides?

Unless your position is that public schools are great and don't need any help at all. I don't think there's a single politician in the US who believes that.

Or maybe his position is this: "I was elected governor of the state. I'm going to send my children to the same schools as the average citizen so I know what the problems are first hand."

Bush had the balls to believe enough in the public school system that he would send his own kids. I'd say that's a rare thing for someone who clearly could have sent them to private education. It is certainly a departure from most Washington politicians who send their kids to private school.

I am committed to the existence of quality public education, but would not consider for even a moment sending my children to an American public school. If they were any good, I would reconsider, but they aren't.

That's very noble of you. In the same breath I bet you would object to school vouchers to allow low/average income familes to choose to send their kids somewhere better wouldn't you? I mean that's the standard liberal line isn't it?

neither are charter schools or vouchers going to solve the problem.

See what I mean?

So dumping more government money at the problem will solve everything, just as long as your kids don't have to go to those filthy little public schools. Color me unimpressed.

But thanks for reminding me that some people think the Bush family are just good old regular folks. That's always good for a laugh.

And Kerry is just an average man.

Gelid Light
9/02/2004 10:53am,
That's very noble of you. In the same breath I bet you would object to school vouchers to allow low/average income familes to choose to send their kids somewhere better wouldn't you? I mean that's the standard liberal line isn't it?

I beseech you...do not fall into the trap of being a hateful, paranoid Rethuglican. After all, isn't the "standard conservative line" to gut public schools?

Take a deep breath, read, and try to use your head instead of your Rethuglican rage gland. For example:

So dumping more government money at the problem will solve everything, just as long as your kids don't have to go to those filthy little public schools. Color me unimpressed.

I also don't think buying computers or throwing money at them is going to do any good. But neither are charter schools or vouchers going to solve the problem.

Wherever on Earth did you obtain the impression that I support throwing more money at public schools when I, in fact, explicitly stated the opposite?

Vouchers are perfectly acceptable, but let's be honest. They are first of all, a cynical attempt to eliminate public schools, and second, they will not solve the problems of American education.

Even in private schools in the United States, children lag behind their counterparts in some Third World countries.

Americans are just lazy, and infected with the stupidest ideas about what children can learn, how they can learn it, and what is worth learning.

Gelid Light
9/02/2004 10:58am,
Bush had the balls to believe enough in the public school system that he would send his own kids. I'd say that's a rare thing for someone who clearly could have sent them to private education.

No, he simply knows that for his children it just doesn't matter where they go or what they do. If they can't succeed on their own, someone will do it for them.

And Kerry is just an average man.

I am not, unlike yourself, similarly possessed of such illusions.

katana
9/02/2004 11:04am,
Americans are just lazy, and infected with the stupidest ideas about what children can learn, how they can learn it, and what is worth learning.

The biggest issue with public education today is the adoption of the lowest common denominator for appeasing all students, teachers, and parents.

This list includes: The elimination of holding both teachers and students responsible for their performance. The removal of the parents from the education process to the point where they feel the government is responsible for everything to teach their kids. The inability to have appropriate discipline in schools without the fear of getting sued. Etc. The list of problems is a direct result of the implementation of the liberal wet dream of hippy-love everybody-is-equal-and-shouldn't-compete garbage. You reap what you sow.

Gelid Light
9/02/2004 11:10am,
It's not as if conervatives would be better off under their agenda. Eight hours of bible study and the willful ignorance of science isn't exactly a recipe for success.

If I were a public high school teacher, and I dared to fail a student, his parents would raise an unholy outcry whether they were liberal or conservative.

katana
9/02/2004 11:17am,
It's not as if conervatives would be better off under their agenda. Eight hours of bible study and the willful ignorance of science isn't exactly a recipe for success.

It's not a matter of bible study. It's a matter of life not being fair yet segments of society want it to be fair to everyone. When you want everyone to pass a grade you have to lower the standards. When you don't want students competing with each other you get graduates who are weak willed. When you don't hold teachers responsible for their performance they continue to turn out bad students. When you can't discipline the students you get discipline problems. When you convince the parents they don't need to be involved in the education process they ignore it until it's too late.

These issues can all be addressed and it has nothing to do with Bible study. It has everything to do with personal responsibility.

If I were a public high school teacher, and I dared to fail a student, his parents would raise an unholy outcry whether they were liberal or conservative.

Yes that's true, but you shouldn't feel pressure to do anything about their whining. A decade or so ago the parent would be just as culpable for failing to mentor their child outside of school. Today they sue the school because they think it's the school's problem and school standards are lowered to not offend anyone. Can't have anyone offended now can we?

Gelid Light
9/02/2004 11:23am,
You also forget that Conservatives are responsible for the anti-intellectual movement in the United States. Can't have children exposed to godless, elite, foreign nonsense, like Aristotle or De Tocqueville after all. No poetry, philosophy or real literature in American high schools. Just swill like Ayn Rand and Maya Angelou.

punchingdummy
9/02/2004 11:31am,
I think it's interesting that the Busholini approach to young people is to trot out his two empty-headed daughters.

Is that what you believe?

The more you post the more your articulate ingorance is evident.