PDA

View Full Version : Shihan Jonas Nunez Jr.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Glizy
8/29/2004 9:29pm,
Has anyone trained in any of his schools?

From MMA/Full Contact Fighting perspective will I get any better training in the Union County area besides that of Nunez Jr. who has trained 7 world champion kickboxers?

Phrost
1/05/2009 2:17pm,
I just moved (and necroed) this thread because I came upon Mr. Nunez' MySpace page this morning and notice he'd ripped off our background image for his page.

Demon Eyes
1/05/2009 2:26pm,
Oh my, if you could, can you provide the link?
Besides the background image being ripped off, was there anything else about the page that would provide some insight into the guy's character? Like "I'm a BJJ Black Belt" or "I don'tz reads books. I no nerd."

ChickenBeakFist
1/05/2009 2:44pm,
Oh my, if you could, can you provide the link?
Besides the background image being ripped off, was there anything else about the page that would provide some insight into the guy's character? Like "I'm a BJJ Black Belt" or "I don'tz reads books. I no nerd."

http://a285.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/101/l_05e0a5e89ce9192ebc07408be97e746c.jpg

Phrost
1/05/2009 2:54pm,
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=206598431

Just for the record, this isn't an invitation to go **** with the guy or anything. I'm just curious about who he is, and/or if he posts here. He's obviously been here at least once, to swipe the background.

I should probably put a bull on it or something.

Frank White
1/05/2009 3:01pm,
Myspace drama? Are we teenage girls here?

Take it as a compliment...

Demon Eyes
1/05/2009 3:10pm,
Not myspace drama, just curiosity. At least he doesn't proclaim to be some kind of underground MMA master. He just seems to use the myspace page as a way to advertise his school just a bit. So far, nothing too outlandish.

Phrost
1/05/2009 3:15pm,
Myspace drama? Are we teenage girls here?

Take it as a compliment...

Did anything I wrote read like teenage girl whining? I'm in the business of knowing Martial Artists, and the fact that someone swiped the background image of a website which may or may not be outright hostile to their instructing practices, is pretty goddamn relevant.

Also, we're in YMAS so go **** an AIDS tree.

Frank White
1/05/2009 3:26pm,
Did anything I wrote read like teenage girl whining? I'm in the business of knowing Martial Artists, and the fact that someone swiped the background image of a website which may or may not be outright hostile to their instructing practices, is pretty goddamn relevant.

Also, we're in YMAS so go **** an AIDS tree.

"OMG! Tessa totally used the same glitter-fairy background as me! I'm totally deleting her off my BFF list!"

I'm sure it's annoying, but I'm not so sure it's relevant.

It is Fake
1/05/2009 3:30pm,
I'm sure it's annoying, but I'm not so sure it's relevant.
:iamwithst

This is YMAS, of all the irrelevant thing posted here why does this one bother you?

Phrost
1/05/2009 3:30pm,
What's relevant is stumbling on a page describing an instructor who's "trained 7 world champions" in Kickboxing where everyone's wearing goofy-looking gis and there are a ton of kids and fatties in the photos.

Frank White
1/05/2009 3:39pm,
What's relevant is stumbling on a page describing an instructor who's "trained 7 world champions" in Kickboxing where everyone's wearing goofy-looking gis and there are a ton of kids and fatties in the photos.

The 7 world champions thing is relevant, I agree.

Phrost
1/05/2009 3:42pm,
As are the fatties.

Frank White
1/05/2009 3:48pm,
maybe they're just big-boned.

Demon Eyes
1/05/2009 3:54pm,
Ok, I didn't see the 7 world champions in kickboxing. Does he have a list of these 7 "world champions?"

Asriel
1/05/2009 3:59pm,
maybe they're just big-boned.

Yeah, big bones covered in meat and gravy.