PDA

View Full Version : What's with all the agression around here?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Decker
8/24/2004 3:46pm,
I was refered here by an online friend as a great resource for flushing out the bullshido, but on the forums here all I've found is a group of very, very angry people.

Am I wrong in assuming martial arts is supposed to dicipline oneself and turn them into more calm, spiritual individuals?

I think I've watched too many movies...but then again...the internet brings out the worst in everyone.

I do appreciate the help I've been given in my topic that I posted, but just reading through the others it's hard to filter out most of the crap posts. Half of the posts are hijacked by "you house has weak kung fu" or miscellaneous bickering.

To people that haven't been coming here for years (such as myself) it really doesn't encourage me to jump into the community.

Then again I'm a "dirty dirty noobie" so take everything I say with a grain of salt...

TylerDurden
8/24/2004 3:49pm,
More often than not it's all in good fun. I have noticed that even people who get into it pretty severely on here can meet at the throwdowns and train together and have a good time. At least the throwdown reports read that way. The swearing and ripping on others just seems to be the way of it around here, it's not really that aggressive or violent.

EternalRage
8/24/2004 3:55pm,
"Am I wrong in assuming martial arts is supposed to dicipline oneself and turn them into more calm, spiritual individuals?"
--------------------------------------
Most people on this forum would say yes. Go TMA a board or something.

WingChun Lawyer
8/24/2004 4:04pm,
Mostly we say things in good humour. Relax.

that guy
8/24/2004 4:05pm,
truth can often be mistaken as hostility

Peter H.
8/24/2004 4:13pm,
Originally posted by Decker
I was refered here by an online friend as a great resource for flushing out the bullshido, but on the forums here all I've found is a group of very, very angry people.
I have serious angermanagment issues which keep me from holding down jobs, staying in long term relationshipos, and living a normal life. As such, I am just locked in a cage and let out for fights. You wanna make something of it, punk?

Am I wrong in assuming martial arts is supposed to dicipline oneself and turn them into more calm, spiritual individuals?
No you are wrong for being alive, I hate you and everyone else as well

I think I've watched too many movies...but then again...the internet brings out the worst in everyone.
The internet is great, it's the only way misfits, freaks, geeks, and horrid monsters like myself have enevn the slightest chance of ever scoring, don't knock the internet, or I'll kick your ass

I do appreciate the help I've been given in my topic that I posted, but just reading through the others it's hard to filter out most of the crap posts. Half of the posts are hijacked by "you house has weak kung fu" or miscellaneous bickering.
So because your house does have weak kung fu, you are going to whine about it here? Bitch

To people that haven't been coming here for years (such as myself) it really doesn't encourage me to jump into the community.
If they haven't been coming here for years, theya ar punk ass pansies who don't know what it's like the be t3h D3adly on t3h Str33ts

Then again I'm a "dirty dirty noobie" so take everything I say with a grain of salt...
You take it with a grain of salt and a healthy dose of shoe leather you whiny little pansy ass kung fu kwai chang kane wanna be.

:D

MaverickZ
8/24/2004 4:18pm,
most people who are really really nice to you wanna sell you something.

KhorneliusPraxx
8/24/2004 4:23pm,
**** OFF!

KhorneliusPraxx
8/24/2004 4:24pm,
just kidding ;)

JKDChick
8/24/2004 4:33pm,
For starters, the Bullshido way is baptism of fire. Secondly, people are aggressive around here because we can be. Third, it is true that truth often seems hostile to people who are mired in ignorance.

Last:

You are SOOOOOOOOO wrong it's hard to describe. Let me quote myself here:

Originally posted by JKDChick
ARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

MARTIAL ARTS ARE NOT AN ETHICS LESSON. THEY ARE ABOUT BEATING THE **** OUT OF PEOPLE. IF THEY AREN'T, YOU ARE DOING A VERY COMPLICATED SERIES OF DANCE STEPS, NOTHING MORE.

Phrost
8/24/2004 4:37pm,
Beat me to it. :(

Phrost
8/24/2004 4:41pm,
Anyway, as has already been said, you're misunderstanding a unique group dynamic here. Lurk (hang around and read without posting) a bit and then you'll get it.

We don't pull punches, because BS often takes refuge in such unnecessary sensibilities. If you look around more, you'll see what I mean.

JKDChick
8/24/2004 4:41pm,
[Mortal Kombat Voice]FLAWLESS VICTORY[/Mortal Kombat Voice]

JKDChick
8/24/2004 4:49pm,
On a further, soppy note, there is actually a lot of kindness around here.

And even some TOTALLY MANLY love, the kind of love you share while deep in the woods, being stalked by alien hunters who want to rip out your spine. In a totally NON-GAY manner.

Mr. Mantis
8/24/2004 4:49pm,
Originally posted by Decker

You are correct. Martial arts should not be spiritual. Discipline is a part of your character, I suppose that martial arts requires it, and can promote it. Whether you are calm or hyper does not follow.

You expect martial artists to be a bunch of meditating fools high on xanax sitting in some inscense filled room?

ImAlrdyNum
8/24/2004 4:59pm,
Originally posted by JKDChick
On a further, soppy note, there is actually a lot of kindness around here.

And even some TOTALLY MANLY love, the kind of love you share while deep in the woods, being stalked by alien hunters who want to rip out your spine. In a totally NON-GAY manner.

You know, I watched Predator on TV this weekend and after it was over I felt kind of dirty. I had never before noticed so many obvious homo-erotic overtones in that movie.