PDA

View Full Version : liar, liar, Swift Boats under fire

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

garbanzo
8/19/2004 12:58pm,
The so-called Swift Boats Veterans for Truth, a Texas-based politcal advocacy group financed by old cronies of the Bush family, has been involved with manufacturing the flap about Kerry's military record.

Let's leave aside the irony involved with the fact that these attacks have occured while Cheney--who got seven deferments to avoid serving in Vietnam--is Vice President.

A certain Mr. Larry Thurlow, one of the so-called
Swift Boats Veterans for Truth, called Kerry a liar for claiming that he came under fire in a disputed incident.

It seems that Mr. Thurlow's own medal citation documentation, which he claims to have lost and not to remember, contradicts his story.

His explanation: his papers are wrong and Kerry was involved in inserting the falsehoods into the documents.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A13267-2004Aug18.html

Balloonknot
8/19/2004 1:43pm,
Thank you Garbanzo. For some reason, even when you present proof to the right they just ignore it. What they do is.... Ignore and then move on to the next slanderous action and try to get the public to buy into it. This is a very popular republican strategy. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the republican henchman Karl Rove is behind all this!!

Chupacabra
8/19/2004 1:51pm,
Originally posted by Balloonknot
Thank you Garbanzo. For some reason, even when you present proof to the right they just ignore it. What they do is.... Ignore and then move on to the next slanderous action and try to get the public to buy into it. This is a very popular republican strategy. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the republican henchman Karl Rove is behind all this!!

balloonknot, you make me smile.

Dochter
8/19/2004 1:59pm,
Originally posted by Chupacabra
balloonknot, you make me smile.

Hehe. Even though we disagree, at least you form your opinions on something other than just rhetoric.

BK, duh:

The document outlined extensive connections between the group levying the charges, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, and high-ranking Republicans, including presidential adviser Karl Rove, and said the allegations were part of a right-wing effort to smear Kerry.
http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20040805-012143-5349r.htm

MoveOn PAC today released a new 30-second TV spot attacking George W. Bush for failing to call on one of his major donors – a long-time associate of Karl Rove and leading Texas Republican funder – to stop the smear campaign on John Kerry’s Vietnam service being run by a group called Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.http://www.commondreams.org/news2004/0816-04.htm

Zendetta
8/19/2004 2:05pm,
I read that one of the architects behind this project was a "dirty trickster" type hired by the nixon admin specifically for the purpose of discrediting Kerry back in the 70's.

Kerry's anti-war stance stirred up alot of hate amongst some 'Nam vets.

Chupacabra
8/19/2004 2:07pm,
yeah, conspiracy theorist make me smile.

CaptShady
8/19/2004 2:13pm,
It's funny how Kerry makes claims of service, a LOT of people step up to dispute it, and Kerry STILL provides NO PROOF of the claims. None whatsoever.

It's also funny how so many jumped on the bandwagon of how terrible it was to question JK's service in the nam, yet it's perfectly acceptable to question Thurlow's??? What a fucking joke!

garbanzo
8/19/2004 2:15pm,
Who questions his service?

His own medal citation shows that he was under fire.

He happens to be a liar.

CaptShady
8/19/2004 2:18pm,
Originally posted by garbanzo
Who questions his service?

His own medal citation shows that he was under fire.

How would anyone know this, if he didn't fall under SOMEBODY'S scrutiny?

Ka-Bar
8/19/2004 2:21pm,
Scrutiny is the foundation of a democracy, mud-slinging and lies aren't.

Dochter
8/19/2004 2:23pm,
Shady,

Here, I'll make it easier for you: He got his bronze star for the same day's events. The boats operated in concert. The situation behind his award is directly relevant to the accusations he has made.

That's some really poor criticism Shady.

Chupacabra
8/19/2004 2:25pm,
awwwwwww **** it's going to be another on of THOSE threads

garbanzo
8/19/2004 2:28pm,
Again, Thurlow's military service has not been questioned.

His allegations against Kerry have been, and should be. He has made a claim and that
claim has been investigated.

If his own medal citations are to be relied upon, the man is a liar.

CaptShady
8/19/2004 2:47pm,
Originally posted by Ka-Bar
Scrutiny is the foundation of a democracy, mud-slinging and lies aren't.

Ba ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!! And I supposed Kerry's fucking George Washington and free of telling lies? Ba ha ha ha!!

Kerry's war record is under scrutiny, and the man hasn't released dick. MANY more than this ONE man has stepped up with claims. Like the Doctor making the claim that Kerry had self inflicted wounds! One way to shut them all up .. stop hiding **** from your constituents and provide your fucking service record! But alas, no .. it's much more prudent to go after all those making claims, one at a time .. instead of shutting them all up at once, huh?

CaptShady
8/19/2004 2:48pm,
Originally posted by garbanzo
Again, Thurlow's military service has not been questioned.

Why would his citation even be looked up if it wasn't questioned?

Balloonknot
8/19/2004 2:55pm,
Doc, I didn't read the link, but I did happen to know that Karl Rove has been a long-time conspirator for the republican party. Even the great Al Franken talks about the cruel hatred that Rove spews out of his fat-ass mouth. Whatever.