PDA

View Full Version : RIDICULOUS Pride Intro Video for Randleman

Pages : [1] 2 3

Roidie McDouchebag
8/17/2004 2:44am,
This was for Randleman's fight with Ron Waterman recently, they show some clips of Randleman fighting in Pride, THEN OUT OF NOWHERE THEY SHOW A MONKEY SCREECHING AT THE CAMERA...then back to clips of Randleman...

I wonder if that version of the intro will be broadcast in the US...I wonder what the **** the guy who made it was thinking? I wonder if Randleman tore him a new asshole, then fucked him in it (I mean, come on, after that scene in "Rites of Passage" with Coleman, you all know what I'm talking about ;)).

Like, ****, if that was the UFC, someone would be SHOT for that...it'd probably be on CNN, etc...you just don't imply that black guys are monkeys...I just about spat iced tea onto the monitor when I saw it...I mean, it's not even like a NORMAL monkey, and no, I just checked it's not a monkey...it's a baby gorilla...not even an adult gorilla...a baby. So it isn't just insulting on multiple levels...it looks ridiculous.

Boyd
8/17/2004 2:49am,
Maybe you need to stop taking `15-second intro clips of Pride fighters so seriously.

Roidie McDouchebag
8/17/2004 2:57am,
But come ON it's a GORILLA...and I mean, if you watch it, it's pretty funny, I mean personally it didn't offend me, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be offended by it, besides which, it would be ridiculous no matter the race of the fighter it involved...who the hell wants a gorilla in their intro?

Djimbe
8/17/2004 2:58am,
Sapp , I think .

Gringo Grande
8/17/2004 3:06am,
Well...you do have to understand the serious difference in culture over there. There are a great many advertisements and such depicting/equating blacks with apes. Sapp did some kind of commercial where he was in a gorilla cage eating bananaes. Randleman in his match vs Sakuraba was billed Donkey Kong vs Mario...hence Sak wearing the hat and 'stache walking to the match. Also remember that Randleman as with most MMA'ers over there are purerosu(sp?) guys...do a lot of pro wrestling...hey probably doesn't give a **** if they pay him good money :)

Gringo Grande

Roidie McDouchebag
8/17/2004 3:10am,
"Sapp , I think"

Yeah...but he's nuts.

"Randleman in his match vs Sakuraba was billed Donkey Kong vs Mario...hence Sak wearing the hat and 'stache walking to the match."

I didn't know that.

I do know that the Japanese, as a culture, think of black people as kind of like a "missing link" and don't have to be sensitive about it at all because almost no black people live there. Then again, they also think of Koreans as a "missing link"...and there are a ton of Koreans that live there.

bushi51
8/17/2004 4:19am,
I Choke You, you made me spit my tea out as well reading your responses to this. LOL

Matsufubu
8/17/2004 5:02am,
Iced tea? Dude, you're such a toff.

supercrap
8/17/2004 5:42am,
I watch the japanese tv broadcasts of pride. They call him nothing but DONKEY KONG-O since sakurabe vs. randleman. That's definately why. Could be a bit ignorant of them but hey.

Roidie McDouchebag
8/17/2004 2:54pm,
"Iced tea? Dude, you're such a toff."

Listen you English poof, in North America, we like drinks that actually taste good, although, come to think of it, that iced tea WAS pretty crappy...

It has been bugging me since I returned to the forum, so I have to ask, is your avatar a self-portrait, Matsufubu, or is it some other pathetic nerd :D?

Ronin
8/17/2004 3:06pm,
The need alot more work, if they are gonna go head-to-head with the WWE.

Meex
8/17/2004 4:10pm,
Originally posted by I Choke You
I do know that the Japanese, as a culture, think of black people as kind of like a "missing link" and don't have to be sensitive about it at all because almost no black people live there.
There's lots of blacks that live there. . .they all wear dark (very dark) colors, wear hoods that cover all but their eyes, and are prone to throwing sand, and disappearing.

`~/

Stold3
8/17/2004 4:27pm,
It'd be interesting to see a study done on how japan's culture and customs change over the next 50 years due to american influence. Hell, Dave Attell is doing the special Insomniac in tokyo.

Meex
8/17/2004 4:44pm,
Originally posted by Stold3
Hell, Dave Attell is doing the special Insomniac in tokyo.
Dave's probably gonna be eatin' sushi offa nekkid women!

`~/

NHB_Ben
8/17/2004 4:49pm,
Originally posted by Gringo Grande
Randleman in his match vs Sakuraba was billed Donkey Kong vs Mario...hence Sak wearing the hat and 'stache walking to the match.

Hrm. Sakuraba doesn't sound very Italiian.

iamamonster
8/17/2004 5:06pm,
my friend is moving to japan in november...and he's all about being pro black...hahaha, i can already tell that he'll have lots of fun there