View Full Version : a nice kick

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

bait
8/10/2004 9:28pm,
http://myfile.hanafos.com/~ahha21st/kick.mpg

use the right button and save

Darting Fingers
8/10/2004 9:32pm,
The clip goes for all of 1.5 seconds, can't even see the effect it has.

DCS
8/10/2004 9:43pm,
Opening a can of worms?

WTF Taekwondo guy owning a MT guy in t3h Ring.

MaverickZ
8/10/2004 9:47pm,
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /~ahha21st/kick.mpg on this server.

alex
8/10/2004 11:24pm,
good clip. clean fast and powerful kicks that are definitely TKD flavoured. the kick combo thing was great, talk about nice setup. I wonder about that thai guy though, he just stood there the whole thing.... but I guess it is a highlight reel.

Can Opener
8/11/2004 12:27am,
Ridiculous!!!

Appearently wherever the Thai guy trained they were unfamiliar with lateral movement at all.

If you even take a beginners level boxing class you know you NEVER step straight back.

NEVER- EVER -EVER - NEVER!!!!!

Send that boy back to school to work his 45's or just hang it up.

NOBODY with even moderate training should ever be hit by any of those type of kicks.

Can Opener
8/11/2004 12:28am,
That's supposed to be my job!

Originally posted by DCS
Opening a can of worms?

alex
8/11/2004 12:43am,
get over it, he was beaten by some very solid and well executed kicks. just because a taekwondo guy beat a thai fighter doesnt mean the end of the world, it means that he was a better fighter on the night. individual>style.

Moleculo
8/11/2004 12:48am,
There's some decent TKD fighters out there folks, just deal with it.

chaosexmachina
8/11/2004 3:46am,
I like it when TMAs get the best of MMAs... Because it so rare. :p

JKing
8/11/2004 4:18am,
Guys, it was obvious that there was too much light in the eys of the muay thai fighter, and that he was sick earlier that day so he wasn't feeling too good for sparring. Also, he was distracted. Dont forget that his grandmother died so his heart wasn't in it.

iamamonster
8/11/2004 5:08am,
hey bait, where did you get this clip from?
was there a caption or anything that accompanied it?

D34dly Ninj4
8/11/2004 6:06am,
Originally posted by Ikken Hisatsu
get over it, he was beaten by some very solid and well executed kicks. just because a taekwondo guy beat a thai fighter doesnt mean the end of the world, it means that he was a better fighter on the night. individual>style.

I agree with everything in this post.

Edit- After viewing this clip i'd say that you'd have to see the fight in it's entirety to make a descision on whether the MT guy sucked ass or what. He was either the worst fighter ever, or punch drunk.

I think it'd be cool to see this guy(the TKD guy) on K-1 or something.

Stick
8/11/2004 6:30am,
Those were some excellent kicks, I love how the last one sent ol shorts wearing one rolling across the damn ring.

Apparently taken from Korean TV, for all we know that's some local MT kid going against the current TKD champ..... also for all we know they are evenly met in terms of experience and training time and prep and this was jsut a case of MT guy not having a clue what the **** TKD guy's legs were doing.

Excellent vid.

I still dissaprove of this guy's hands and WTF TKD in general, but I'll be damned if I don't respect those fucking knock downs.

Kidnemo
8/11/2004 7:23am,
That was neat.

That spinning heel kick combo at the end looked wicked, but I can't help but thinking if you kept your guard up and were a little bit more aware you could punish somebody trying to kick at you like that.*

*note - I've never sparred with a competent TKD stylist

Zeddy
8/11/2004 8:26am,
What the hell kind of fighter looks away when someone runs in throwing haymakers?

Read: One in need of training.

Nice kicks by TKD guy.