PDA

View Full Version : White House projects RECORD DEFICIT

Pages : [1] 2 3

PeedeeShaolin
7/30/2004 12:23pm,
Wheres Brand to tell us all how we simply do not understand ecomonics and the record deficit is completely normal and good for the country?

"Record" means its never been this bad before. Ever.

They're projecting a whopping $445 BILLION in the red. That number blows away last years $375 billion.

The associated press reported that Republicans are blaming the invasion of Iraq and recession for our worst deficit in history.

I thought going into Iraq was a good thing?

So not only do we INCREASE violence in Iraq but at the same time we kill a shiitload of people while getting over 1,000 of our troops killed and even more maimed while running up a RECORD deficit.

Our country is doing just dandy.

Its all the fault of those libs.

Deadpan Scientist
7/30/2004 12:29pm,
I'm right here, and If you paid attention in high school ecomomics class you would know that during a recession you are supposed to run a deficit.

Deadpan Scientist
7/30/2004 12:30pm,
BTW, this is called "Expansionary fiscal policy"

Deadpan Scientist
7/30/2004 12:33pm,
The associated press reported that Republicans are blaming the invasion of Iraq and recession for our worst deficit in history.

Wars cost money. This is the reason wars are generally good for the economy

PeedeeShaolin
7/30/2004 12:34pm,
Of course, its perfectly normal to have a RECORD deficit Brand! Thats why everyone is so comfortable with it :D

You're stretching a bit here. Close your books son.

Deadpan Scientist
7/30/2004 12:35pm,
here's a review of fiscal policy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deficit_spending

Zendetta
7/30/2004 12:35pm,
Originally posted by brandeissansoo
BTW, this is called "Expansionary fiscal policy"

Really? Are you sure its not called "bend over and take it"?

PeedeeShaolin
7/30/2004 12:38pm,

Oh yeah, with sand mixed with the lube.

The govt was able to convince people that 2 bullets hit the president 7 times, they can definitely convinve people that record deficits are normal.

Deadpan Scientist
7/30/2004 12:41pm,
Originally posted by PeedeeShaolin
Of course, its perfectly normal to have a RECORD deficit Brand! Thats why everyone is so comfortable with it :D

You're stretching a bit here. Close your books son.

Obviously a record is not normal, but you seem to be implying that a deficit is a bad thing when in actuality you don't have a high school senior's understanding of fiscal and monetary policy(which is saying a lot what with the state of US education).

RIP The Wastrel

Don't worry PD, I still love you.

Deadpan Scientist
7/30/2004 12:42pm,
Originally posted by Zendetta

Yes, I had a high school education.

Deadpan Scientist
7/30/2004 12:44pm,
Originally posted by PeedeeShaolin

The govt

It's every government in the world that follows these operating rules, not just ours.

Ronin
7/30/2004 12:45pm,
with the huge cost of the war on terrorism and the one in Iraq and the economical slow down that the US has been in for years, was a record defecit a surprise to anyone? or was it the amount?

Deadpan Scientist
7/30/2004 12:45pm,
http://i.timeinc.net/time/magazine/archive/covers/1965/1101651231_400.jpg

Deadpan Scientist
7/30/2004 12:46pm,
Originally posted by ronin69
with the huge cost of the war on terrorism and the one in Iraq and the economical slow down that the US has been in for years, was a record defecit a surprise to anyone? or was it the amount?

It's only a surprise to the uneducated, but then again, most things are.

Ronin
7/30/2004 12:47pm,
Now, when Bubba left there was how big a "surplus" ?

PeedeeShaolin
7/30/2004 2:12pm,
Dont hold your breath for that answer. If a book told him AIDS was harmless he's be off screwing hookers with no protection ;)

Obviously a record is not normal, but you seem to be implying that a deficit is a bad thing when in actuality you don't have a high school senior's understanding of fiscal and monetary policy(which is saying a lot what with the state of US education).

I coudlnt pay attention because I had to work in high school. Theres a reason why, when you leave college, they call it "The real world". Have you ever held a job?