PDA

View Full Version : On MTV in 15 min, True Life: MT Kickboxers

Punisher
7/22/2004 11:49pm,
At 10 pm Pacific Time, MTV will be showing an episode of their True Life series about Americans that go to Thailand to train MT.

Punisher
7/22/2004 11:52pm,
For those that missed it, here is a list of times the show will be replayed.

Episode: I'm a muaThai Boxer

Air Times:
Friday, Jul 23 @ 6:00 PM
Saturday, Jul 24 @ 5:30 PM

Psycho Dad
7/23/2004 12:01am,
Pretty cool documentary. I'm glad they didn't try to make Muay Thai look like some bloodsport and that the two fighters weren't a pair of thugs (unlike Phil Mushnick) but were guys like us with jobs.

Hawkeye
7/23/2004 12:16am,
I hate to say this about MTV, but that was a damn good show. The next step: True Life: I'm a Dog Brother.

Djimbe
7/23/2004 12:27am,
What do you mean , Hawk ? MTV makes MAGNIFICENT SHOWS They just usually make them ABOUT the dumbest Subject Matter possible . Hell , Im sure theyve Invented half of the **** being used in Teleproduction toiday over there at MTV .

Hawkeye
7/23/2004 12:48am,
Originally posted by Djimbe
What do you mean , Hawk ? MTV makes MAGNIFICENT SHOWS They just usually make them ABOUT the dumbest Subject Matter possible . Hell , Im sure theyve Invented half of the **** being used in Teleproduction toiday over there at MTV .

Damn Djimbe, you got me thinking back to the good old days of MTV with Seattle grunge and old school G rap. Good times. :D

Punisher
7/23/2004 1:06am,
Yeah it was really good.

For those of you that didn't see it, its about two experienced thai boxers from America, training to compete in a bare knuckle bout against Thai fighters in Thailand. Both Americans had trained with Master Toddy for over 10 years.

Both of the Americans won their fights, and interestly enough, both have seemingly moved away from Thai boxing. One fighter is concentrating on his career as a DJ and the other plans to make the transition to MMA.

capaloco
7/23/2004 1:39am,
What kind of jitsu is DJ? :P

Greese
7/23/2004 3:21am,
The sad thing is that means these guys train with Fatality Dragon.

Kidnemo
7/23/2004 7:48am,
Yea, I thought the show was pretty good as well.

Like others have said, it's good they didn't take the OMGKUMITE!!22? approach.

I rarely watch MTV, but the "true life" series of shows like this one all seem good.

Chupacabra
7/23/2004 7:56am,
Damn i gotta tivo that ****.

Side note: the only trulife I have ever seen was the one where this crazy ass girl with gigantic fake boobs was smoking crystal meth in her car while she was out in front of some DJ's house stalking him. She kept saying over and over again "he's my baby" "i'll make him love me" "HE DOESN'T DESERVE ME" "**** HIM" "I love him" ..... good show

Kidnemo
7/23/2004 8:16am,
Aye, I saw that one too, crazy.

That one guys g/f on the MT show was really, really, unsupportive, not to mention the typical rich valleygirl type.

It could've just been how they edited it, but dang.

Hawkeye
7/23/2004 12:32pm,
Been thinking about it a little more today and the show kind of pissed me off.

I'm jealous. I'd give my left nut for a hardcore mt gym like that where I live. Gotta drive an hour and a half away to the Boston area for a good gym :(