PDA

View Full Version : I met Andy Murray last night...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Matsufubu
7/22/2004 7:21am,
He says you all suck!

He says TKD is greater than all the other martial arts in the world!

He says point sparring creates better fighters than full contact sparring!

He tried to blast me with chi balls!

When I disagreed with what he said, he banned me from speaking!

But seriously...I'm sorry to disappoint many of you, but none of the above is true.

I chatted with Andy in the pub for a couple of hours, about martial arts and MAP / Bullshido. He seems reasonably intelligent and pretty knowledgable about martial arts. He's a lau gar (sp?) guy, and represented Scotland for several years. He also told me that he does escrima and Dog Brothers stuff, which is considered respectable at Bullshido as far as I'm aware. He also gave me the other side of the story regarding Bullshido guys on MAP.

No, I did not fight him. I can't speak for the rest of you, but in real life he seems like an okay guy and I'd no desire to start trouble. And no, I did not take photos. That would have been slightly ghey.

tai-gip
7/22/2004 7:30am,
what a shocking revalation

liuzg150181
7/22/2004 7:42am,
Just for info,Lau Gar Kuen is one of the main five kungfu family schools in Canton~~~
Hung Gar
Lau Gar
Choy Gar
Lay Gar
Mok Gar

WingChun Lawyer
7/22/2004 8:01am,
Well, he kept telling me my knowledge of wig chun is inadequate. I was certain he was a wing chun guy.

It is good to know that the man is not that bad personally. Although, at least here, he kept dodging questions regarding his abuses as a moderator, and he DOES seem to be more than a bit childish regarding that issue.

WingChun Lawyer
7/22/2004 8:03am,
Originally posted by Matsufubu
He also gave me the other side of the story regarding Bullshido guys on MAP.

Could you give more details about that? AFAIK, he came here to insult me because I criticised his job as a moderator on his farewell thread, and that is about it.

DanDavis
7/22/2004 8:29am,
Who is Andy Murray?

Te No Kage!
7/22/2004 8:30am,
Doesn't surprise me, it's easy to act like a badass on the internet until somebody actually wants to meet you

WingChun Lawyer
7/22/2004 8:38am,
Originally posted by Te No Kage!
Doesn't surprise me, it's easy to act like a badass on the internet until somebody actually wants to meet you

Point.

Matsufubu
7/22/2004 8:42am,
Originally posted by WingChun Lawyer
Could you give more details about that? AFAIK, he came here to insult me because I criticised his job as a moderator on his farewell thread, and that is about it.

Well, he said that his beef with you is that you didn't post on MAP for 9 months, then came back after he'd left and slagged him off behind his back.

Most of what he said was regarding Bullshido members trolling the MAP forums, and why they got moderated.

Matsufubu
7/22/2004 8:43am,

Eh? Do you mean me or Andy?

Te No Kage!
7/22/2004 8:45am,
Andy......

WingChun Lawyer
7/22/2004 8:50am,
Originally posted by Matsufubu
Well, he said that his beef with you is that you didn't post on MAP for 9 months, then came back after he'd left and slagged him off behind his back.

As I remember, I registered on MAP on january, so I could not have not posted there for 9 months. Hell, I havenīt been at bullshido for 9 months yet.

And his definition of slagging is a bit tenuous, considering I only to referred to his work as a moderator - I did not get personal.

Oh well, never mind that. The point, as put very well by Te No Kage, is that the guy has no problem with calling everyone at bullshido pedophiles, but canīt help but be nice on the real world.

Chris.B
7/22/2004 9:00am,
Well, I'm sure Andy is a cool guy. He just takes a lot of "pride" in his mod thing he does.

PizDoff
7/22/2004 9:19am,

Exactly.
You KNOW he'd get a smacking if he talked to any of us like that in real life. Internet warrior....

WingChun Lawyer
7/22/2004 9:32am,
Originally posted by PizDoff
Exactly.
You KNOW he'd get a smacking if he talked to any of us like that in real life. Internet warrior....

The point is not getting a smacking or not, I am positive he could beat the hell out of me. The point is that, quite simply, he would not have the guts to call me, or anyone else here, a pedophile to our faces - he tries to play a tough guy when, in all probability, he is just a reasonably polite guy who had a minor disagreement over an insignificant issue, and behaved as a child over it.

And then, personally, he behaves as a normal human being again.

I mean, if he actually was as he implied to be on that thread, the proper way to deal with him would be shooting him from the other side of the street. Internet warrior indeed.

Onecardshort
7/22/2004 9:40am,
My main problem with him is he acted a prick, plain and simple. No-one in the UK would be unaware of how serious an accusation of child-molestation is in this country, increasingly when connected to the internet these days.

This so-called "good guy" did exactly that for each and every member of bullshido because he'd had his feelings hurt. Unless the fuckwit apologises I just hope he dies slowly in a pool of his own stinking vomit.

Oh yes and Andy, if you're reading this, no lame **** about "it was only a joke/internet etc." - your whole post was started due to an internet posting and you took that fucking seriously didn't you - so just go and die eh?

Yes, I have no humour on this particular subject, thats because its just not teh funny!