PDA

View Full Version : Handicaped HKD videos

m4949
7/20/2004 8:11am,
www.defenseability.com

This site is selling Combat HKD videos marketed at Disabled people.

Now I am not saying you cannot teach people in wheel chairs some from of SD. However, Locks like those used in HKD requier the ability to move the attack off balance first and use a lot of foot work to acomplish this.

Second, the way the site is looks just tingles my bullshido sense.

Third, When I have the page open, I cannot right click on any thing on the page, and my copy paste function on my computer is disabled. This just pisses me off and makes me suspect they have something hide.

SLJ
7/20/2004 8:25am,
You can still defend yourself with SOME disabilitys. Of course it depends on the style etc, but some people are just too disabled.

This site sets my Bullshido bells a-ringing though, and looks like someone's cashcow.

Matsufubu
7/20/2004 8:50am,
A few things I noticed about that website:

1. It's a system that offers "all the benefits of a classical Martial Art, but in less time". That ALWAYS sets the alarm bells ringing.

2. It's a 'non-profit' organisation, so where do the proceeds from the video sales go? Non-profit doesn't mean they don't make any money, just that they don't make any profit. So, they could pay their guys $150,000 per year so the company doesn't make any profit, and so avoid having to pay corporation tax. It's not always a charitable thing (although I'm not saying that is what they're doing). Also, I don't see which charities they donate the proceed to.

3. Maybe I'm totally blind, but I couldn't see how 'Combat Hapkido' is different from Hapkido (except they say it's better).

4. All the instructors look like baddies from cheesy 80's American kung-fu movies.

Antagony
7/20/2004 9:14am,
Awwwww, what a deceptive thread title! I was expecting to see people in wheelchairs kicking ass!

ImAlrdyNum
7/20/2004 9:29am,
Originally posted by m4949
www.defenseability.com

Third, When I have the page open, I cannot right click on any thing on the page, and my copy paste function on my computer is disabled. This just pisses me off and makes me suspect they have something hide.

View Source

DanDavis
7/22/2004 8:34am,
TIMMY!!!!!

MrMcFu
7/22/2004 8:52am,
I think if you were somehow able to jam someone's arm into your wheelchair spokes, you could do some kind of handi-armbar . . . I would like to see that . . .

BlackBeltNow
7/22/2004 11:01am,
non-profit? eeh....