PDA

View Full Version : insanity

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sun Wukong
7/19/2004 8:01pm,
Here's a thread I've been saving for a rainy day:

When I was in college I had a friend, who i'm going to call Robert Paulsen. This friend was about 6'3" 300 ish lbs. of college championship powerlifter. He had arms like a gorilla and a head that looked like a fire plug. Ironically, he was gay, but that's just a side note.

He had started to hear voices when he was in High School. Mostly they just said something ordinary, like calling out his name while he was in a crowded room or hallway or something similarly harmless. It took him a few month's to realize that the voices were only inside his head. He was quietly suffering from Schizophrenia.

He started having severe mood swings which his parents wrote off as bad behavior. Eventually, he fell off the deep end and lost his mind completely in his Sr. year; he strangled the family doberman to death, and tossed it through the double sliding glass doors in the living room while the family was eating dinner.

He went to the hospital and after several months, and lot's of medication, he came home. Next year he went to college and took up power lifting as a way of working off his aggression (he played football in highschool).

Now, he was a weird guy. He was taking medication that kept alot of the symptoms of mental illness away. People mistakenly assumed he wasn't exactly sensitive because of his size and obvious physical strength. He kept his illness a secret to nearly everyone except a few trustworthy people (he was also in the closet about being gay).

Now, here's a guy with a lot to hide from other people. Alot of shame and anxiety that people will think you are weird. If the average gay thinks they get discriminated against, try being schizophrenic for awhile.

Rob was doing good in school, no major schizo episodes for 2 years. Suddenly, this couple of girls start teasing him because they like to watch the big guy squirm. He starts to lose his cool, showing more obvious distress and the girls eat it up because they think it's funny.

He calls them and asks them not to **** with him so much. They got a kick out of it and started leaving messages on his answering machine to **** with him. They find out he's gay, they **** with him even harder.

A little instability goes along way for schizophrenia and Rob was becoming increasingly unstable and starting to feel a familiar feeling and loss of control. He commit's himself to the hospital without telling anyone and when he comes back he's got a restraining order for the girls that were bothering him.

Problem solved. No homocide, no violence.

A few days after he's out we're sitting down having breakfast in the quad and I asked what let him know he needed to be committed and he told me that he looked around his room at 7 a.m. when his alarm went off and he couldn't tell if he'd been dreaming all night or hallucinating.

Then, I asked about the hospital and we joked around for a bit about that. In the middle of it, I asked him if he ever felt bad about what he did to his family dog and he looked at me as serious as though we were on Jeopardy working on the final question and said, " you know, I NEVER liked that GOD DAMN dog!"

EternalRage
7/19/2004 8:05pm,
Cmon Im sittin here waiting.... wanna kno what hapens

EternalRage
7/19/2004 8:05pm,
you cant just leave me hanging dammit

EternalRage
7/19/2004 8:06pm,
ITS RAINIGN OUTSIDE CONTINUE ALREADY PLZ

EternalRage
7/19/2004 8:06pm,
CHRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHEEE EEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSS

PizDoff
7/19/2004 8:07pm,
What a tease, I'm all hot and wanting for more now.

Edit:

EternalRage - Stop spamming the thread you childish moron.

EternalRage
7/19/2004 8:10pm,
i h8 chris

Mr. Mantis
7/19/2004 8:47pm,
Just a quick note. Generally, people with schitzophrenia hear voices OUTSIDE their head. People with various personality disorders such as multiple personality, hear the voices coming from INSIDE their head.

Now continue on.

Sun Wukong
7/19/2004 8:53pm,
You never know when there is something really dangerous right around the corner. Walking around like you are the king of the world or actling like you are the top of the food chain won't get you very far. It's just a show. If someone's really dangerous the odd's are they won't advertise.

Also, having a little bit of compassion can go a long way. Make sure if you are pushing the envelope, there's enough slack to insure it doesn't cave in on you.

With that in mind, how do you think you'd fair against a 300+ lb. championship power lifting ring wearing gorilla who is not in touch with reality at all? No training, just psychosis.

What kind of strategy do you use to protect yourself from someone who is a homocidal maniac?

Jolly_Roger
7/19/2004 8:56pm,
Originally posted by chris_ketchens

What kind of strategy do you use to protect yourself from someone who is a homocidal maniac?

Hey, thatīs easy!
Just you watch SCREAM:
Don't answer the door. Don't hide in the closet. Don't just stand there. Don't go back in the house. Don't trip. Don't answer the phone. Don't ask, "Who's there?" Don't have sex. Don't drink or do drugs. And never, ever, under any circumstances, SCREAM. -

Mr. Mantis
7/19/2004 9:12pm,
Originally posted by chris_ketchens

With that in mind, how do you think you'd fair against a 300+ lb. championship power lifting ring wearing gorilla who is not in touch with reality at all? No training, just psychosis.

You have been saving that one for a rainy day. I remember you elluding to a topic you were saving some time ago.

Either that, or I'm losing my mind.

And to answer your question, you've got to look for signs, try and avoid them. As a note. people who are suicidal are also homocidal. I've seen people killed this way.

And, weapons.

Psychotic strengh has few limits, and having the raw power like your poor friend makes him one dangerous ************. I would try and confuse him and get the **** outta there.

Te(V)plar
7/19/2004 9:15pm,
I was waiting for something to happen. All rising action and no climax. I'm all blueballs, baby.

Phrost
7/19/2004 9:16pm,
You deal with them by being polite and courteous, and not being an ass. It sounds like those girls almost got themselves royally F'd up for being juvenille.

That and I'd imagine it's pretty hard NOT to notiice a 300lb insane guy in the middle of an episode, but awareness of your surroundings goes a long way regardless.

willy
7/19/2004 10:10pm,
Originally posted by Phrost
You deal with them by being polite and courteous, and not being an ass. It sounds like those girls almost got themselves royally F'd up for being juvenille.

That and I'd imagine it's pretty hard NOT to notiice a 300lb insane guy in the middle of an episode, but awareness of your surroundings goes a long way regardless.

ahh but what if he is being normal and something you say sends him off?! seriously 300LBS + crazy = get something big between me and him and try to calm him down til i can run for the door.

jubei33
7/19/2004 11:47pm,
run like a crack head from the fuzz...If you're not that unlucky 300lbs=slow as molases.
personally, I'd be more worried about a gun toting looney than a power lifter, because we already have enough of them.

Hawkeye
7/20/2004 12:31am,
Those dumbass girls were just asking for it. **** with a tiger and you get bit.