PDA

View Full Version : Ghostfist?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Vargas
12/20/2002 8:55am,
Check out Attackproof.com (home of the 'Ghostfist'). I especially like the bio of John Perkins and the part about his old teacher kicking a hole through a brand-new Everlast heavy bag. Riiiiight.

Gezere
12/20/2002 10:31am,
AAARGH I been haunted by Ki Chaun DO already!!!!

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!

Mercurius
12/21/2002 7:20am,
You guys are just now hearing about Ghostfist?

How behind the times are you! I already have my transparent belt(I'm wearing it, but you can't see it) in Ki Chuan Do, as given to be my the famous Sigung Casper (aka "The Friendly Ghost").

"God is dead." -Nietzsche
"Nietzsche is dead." -God

TKD Boxer
12/21/2002 10:09am,
Another Magic Martial art, I hate this crap like "launch your opponent to the moon" or "tap him on the shoulder and he will die", these arts are the kings of mcdojo.

SRyuFighter
12/21/2002 8:09pm,
argh its scary and wrong

Don't get carried away asshole because I'm gonna give you a fight that you'll never forget!

angry welshman
12/02/2004 7:46am,
I don't know whether this has been discussed before on other Attackproof threads, but anyway, it doesn't look like the majority of Bullshidoka have had any experience with John Perkins or his system.

It's not anything esoteric. The system is basically this:

WW2 Combatives as a striking base - simple, nothing fancy. Palm heels, chops etc to the head and neck, elbows, knees, and low stomping kicks.

Some pre-contact phase training - the intervie, pre-emptive strike etc

Some offensive/fedensive principles - economy of movement, multihitting (hitting several times in one movement) etc

Then just lots of movement drills to train your looseness, body unity, balance and sensitivity. This means you're able to fight more randomly while still being effective.

That's it guys. It's useable, it's effective. Works for me and many others. If you don't want to use it, don't. Do whatever you want.

angry welshman
12/02/2004 7:50am,
What experience do you have with KCD Osiris?

Sungam
12/02/2004 7:56am,
"launch your opponent to the moon" .

LMAO

Hey maybe that's what happened to the cow.

It didn't jump it was launched by a deadly KCD move.

angry welshman
12/02/2004 8:01am,
Another superficial assumption. KCD doesn't claim to be more powerful than any other striking system.

Just another means to an end. Why it creates such petty bitching I don't know.

SamHarber
12/02/2004 8:47am,
Another superficial assumption. KCD doesn't claim to be more powerful than any other striking system.

Isn't John Perkins the guy who Omega punked out? After all, 2 years has passed since this thread first died, and theres been a fair bit going on since then.

Ka-Bar
12/02/2004 9:17am,
Would "Ghostfist" be effective in fending off Ghostface Killah or would he render it useless?

I don't know ghosts.

PizDoff
12/02/2004 9:42am,
Haha, memories, I remember reading this thread and laughing at it so long ago.

afronaut
12/02/2004 9:49am,
Angry Welshman,

Here is a small list of some of the problems that people had with Attackproof and John Perkins:

1) He's morbidly obese. I hate to be picky, but if you are training people in a physical discipline, whether it's shotput or a martial art, you have to be in shape. The only possible exception I can think of would be a crusty old expert, and then he or she would need young, in-shape assistants.

2) Ki Chuan Do, doesn't mean anything. It's just random words from different Asian languages. Doesn't it seem odd that someone who is a master of Asian fighting arts would name his system jibberish?

3) The techniques in the videos look like total crap. Feel free to disagree.

4) Many people from your school have made the most ridiculous claims about their training and their skills. Enough so that it seems indicative of your training. How many nuts from KCD do we need to see before we conclude you are a nut factory?

5) KCD issued an open challenge to anyone from this board. When accepted and proof was shown that the person would come on their own nickel, Perkins took down his message board and pretended none of it ever happened. Weak.

6) Stop with the adolescent daddy worship. I know you and your training buddies have a huge man-crush on Perkins. That's cool. Man-crushes happen. I had a huge man-crush on JJ from "Good Times." You can post here all you want. That's cool too. But NO ONE will ever think KCD is anything other than a delusion set to a dance. NO ONE. It won't happen. If you post and say "Here's what it is, like it or not, whatever you don't have to get huffy, why are you so close-minded ... " we know it means "I want you to agree with me and validate me so I feel like a bad ass and all the self-worth I've invested in Perkins, KCD, etc. does not go to waste. If I say whatever then people will think I'm being casual and off-handed when really I'm pissed and hurt that no one agrees with me."

I implore you: stay here, young brother. I know the place where you are, and I was a worse sinner than you, and I was saved. Read what's here and find a place that will give you something and not ask you to lie to yourself and waste your time and money. Through Bullshido is the Light and Salvation, KCD is the path of everlasting pointlessness and damnation.

Go in peace.

Rev. Afronaut

The Wastrel
12/02/2004 10:25am,
I don't know whether this has been discussed before on other Attackproof threads, but anyway, it doesn't look like the majority of Bullshidoka have had any experience with John Perkins or his system.

It's not anything esoteric. The system is basically this:

WW2 Combatives as a striking base - simple, nothing fancy. Palm heels, chops etc to the head and neck, elbows, knees, and low stomping kicks.

Some pre-contact phase training - the intervie, pre-emptive strike etc

Some offensive/fedensive principles - economy of movement, multihitting (hitting several times in one movement) etc

Then just lots of movement drills to train your looseness, body unity, balance and sensitivity. This means you're able to fight more randomly while still being effective.

That's it guys. It's useable, it's effective. Works for me and many others. If you don't want to use it, don't. Do whatever you want.

First, do your homework. Second, you haven't seen their "groundfighting".

The Wastrel
12/02/2004 10:26am,

You are truly clueless.

Rigante
12/02/2004 10:38am,
If I remember correctly the proponents of the system were claining that the dropping strikes generated so much power that it would easily defeat trained fighters. When an opportunity was given to prove it they abruptly declined. Perhaps fleeing from combat is their main form of being "attackproof".