PDA

View Full Version : Funny Aikido home page

Pages : [1] 2

kismasher
7/08/2004 11:13am,
i just stumbled on this by accident. we were affiliated with Sensei Baker when he was in Memphis and we went there for testing and seminars.

he now lives in Norfolk. he is funny, and so is his webpage.

this is a link to some aikido questions that he answered in his unique way and it's worth checking out the rest of the site as well.

http://home.earthlink.net/~jimbaker6/aa/askjim.htm

OneWingedAngel
7/08/2004 11:16am,
Pretty funny, but he spelled t3h str33t wrong.

Mercurius
7/09/2004 12:49am,
Q: What about self defense?
Aikido isn't a quick course in self defense. It takes a while before you could use the techniques. In Brooklyn, we'd answer this question with, "Look, you live in New York City. Sometime in the next five years you'll probably be mugged. They'll take your money, and maybe they'll hurt you. Or you can study Aikido. Here we will take your money every month, and guarantee to hurt you every time you come!"

Classic, man.

liuzg150181
7/09/2004 1:35am,
Shall hand him my title "Corny MAist" to him......:(

BeeVaEeTa
7/09/2004 1:38am,
Nice.

kismasher
7/09/2004 8:34am,
yes, he's very corny and funny but also one of the most intimidating people i have ever met.

i know he got at least a shodan in judo and his 4th degree in aikido, which = about 30 years.

his hands look like whole fucking hams with sausages as fingers and you can't get him off you unless you ask nicely

Te No Kage!
7/09/2004 8:42am,
sounds like a cool guy to train with

liuzg150181
7/09/2004 8:46am,
Originally posted by kismasher
yes, he's very corny and funny but also one of the most intimidating people i have ever met.
For course,he can make you laugh until you roll on the ground with cramp stomach,then he trounce you~~~

i know he got at least a shodan in judo and his 4th degree in aikido, which = about 30 years.
Seriously dangerous

his hands look like whole fucking hams with sausages as fingers and you can't get him off you unless you ask nicely
You mean you have the urge to eat his hand?
And hams and sausages go well with ketchup~~~

PizDoff
7/09/2004 8:51am,
you can't get him off you unless you ask nicely

Is that a challenge?

Q: How long does it take to get a black belt?
Six years, more or less. If you come every day and totally dedicate yoursef to training, it'll take eight.

HAHA!

This was pretty witty.

kismasher
7/09/2004 9:00am,
Originally posted by PizDoff
Is that a challenge?

well, he weighs like 260 and he's only about 5'8"

and yes a lot of it is fat, but he doesn't matter when he sprawls on your head.

he actually taught a sprawl at one seminar and buddy it wasn't fun to be used as the demo bitch

Ronin
7/09/2004 9:04am,
Its not fat, he posses great "hara" !!!

SlimJim
7/09/2004 9:26am,
Originally posted by ronin69
Its not fat, he posses great "hara" !!!

ROFLMAO

Jenfucius
7/09/2004 5:31pm,
well, he weighs like 260 and he's only about 5'8"

and yes a lot of it is fat, but he doesn't matter when he sprawls on your head.

he actually taught a sprawl at one seminar and buddy it wasn't fun to be used as the demo bitch

you didn't need to tell us that he's fat. he's an aikido instructor with 30 years experience, we could have deduced it from basic principles.

Dochter
7/09/2004 5:40pm,
hehe

Jolly_Roger
7/09/2004 5:50pm,
Classic things

Q: Do you ever, you know, "meet" somebody, on the mat?
You'll meet the mate of your dreams and knock him or her down repeatedly. Although it's hard to explain to the parents that your first date included an hour of fighting with men in dresses.

Q: Dear Just Ask Jim: What's that blue thing doing there?
You are either referring to a cut from the"They Might Be Giants" album or to my hakama. So hakama I wear a dress? One word: Tradition! (The chorus from "Fiddler on the Roof" swells in the background.) I've heard a number of explanations of why Aikidoka wear the hakama: they hide our footwork; they're traditional samurai garb; they help us keep our centers, but they're mainly just excuses. I suspect that we wear them because they look cool and give an aura of exotic dignity.

Q: Why do we do that hand wringing thing at the end of warm ups?
Hold on tight, bunkies; things are going to get rough. I'm going to quote Tamura Shihan's answer:

"Furitama is important because every class I followed with O Sensei he did it. Consequently, his pupils, including myself and you, must do it to find our its meaning for ourselves. What O Sensei said, for instance, was `You are standing with one foot put on the rock of the sky, the other foot on the rock of the earth'. This means you are standing in the center of the universe, You receive the ki from the sky and the ki from the earth at the point of unification (where the hands come together, left on top) and you move your hands because it is the mixing point. And that is where the energy takes life."
Tamura Shihan then goes into a comparison with sex which I've left out. No, really

JKing
7/09/2004 6:01pm,
Q: Do I have to do knuckle pushups? I'm not in great shape.
You should only have my bad back! Each class begins with stretching and warm-ups. If during the class you get too tired or feel pain, sit down. We're adults here; you don't have to raise your hand.

Q: Will it hurt?
Now and then there will be pain, but there won't be damage; Aikido does not work by causing injuries. However, no one is allowed to hurt someone maliciously and intentionally on my mat. You are an adult and in charge of your own body. You can always say no.

Those were the best. If I tried to go and sit down during push ups in my class I would be told to finish the set I was doing, then do 30 more! I thought conditioning was about pushing yourself, not sitting down the second you feel tired.

And come on, if you dont want to get hurt why are you taking a martial art?