PDA

View Full Version : the worst miscast for superhero movies

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

xodus2
7/08/2004 6:55am,
Ok Ben afflek was pretty lame as daredevil, but who is the most miscast actor of all time when it comes to comicbook adaptations.

I've heard rumours vin diesel might take the lead role in the silver surfer. Its a role I always imagined some classically trained shakespearan actor to take on. Vin Deisel would be more suitable as the hulk or some other character who can't talk properly.

But now that I think about it - nothing was worse than affleck as daredevil.

Te No Kage!
7/08/2004 6:59am,
Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms, Yo!

SamHarber
7/08/2004 7:23am,
Judge Dredd & Sylvester Stallone.

He was fine right up to the moment where he took his helmet off....

Ronin
7/08/2004 7:33am,
Assfleck in Daredevil, all the way.
Dolph Lundgren in the first punisher was bad too.
ALL the Batman's so far.

WingChun Lawyer
7/08/2004 7:36am,
Adam West and Burt Ward, hands off. But at least the TV series wasnīt serious to begin with.

Ronin
7/08/2004 7:39am,
Nope, the gay duo is still 100 times better than Assfleck.

WingChun Lawyer
7/08/2004 7:41am,
Well, the gay duo was supposed to be funny! Check out Batmanīs beer belly...I still laugh when I think about it.

Punch!

Sock!

POW!

SLJ
7/08/2004 7:43am,
Maguire as Spiderman, he's ****.

Clooney, as his version of "Batman", total wank.

Transcendent Sunchips
7/08/2004 8:46am,
If you thought Maguire as Spider-Man was ****, I heard that they originally wanted Charlie Sheen as Spidey.

Van Damme as Guile. SF characters have powers, so I class them as SHs.

Ronin
7/08/2004 8:47am,
Toby as Peter Parker was not THAT far off, who would you have liked to see?

Te No Kage!
7/08/2004 8:51am,
I liked him in Spidey 2. Val Kilmer as Batman sucked ass.

xodus2
7/08/2004 8:58am,
Yeah I personally thought toby was pretty good as spider-man

He's up there with patrick stewart as professor x and gene hackman as lex luthor.

Incidentally according to sources one of the cast of x-men will not be there for the 3rd movie. Not sure who it is though... I know its not cyclops as he was the source.

I suspect it could hale berry. She's the only one with a big enough career outside the x-men to turn down the role.

xodus2
7/08/2004 9:02am,
Originally posted by SamHarber
Judge Dredd & Sylvester Stallone.

He was fine right up to the moment where he took his helmet off....

Yep - stallone was horrible.

They wanted Clint Eastwood (as judge dredd was actually based on clint eastwood) but he turned down the role saying, 'Judge Dredd? But thats for assholes!'

Matt Bernius
7/08/2004 9:05am,
Actually I tend to agree that Tobey was a poor choice. Or, perhaps directed poorly.

My big issue with the Spidey movies was that they captured his movement, but not his style. There was no banter in them at all. Perhaps a throw off line here or there. And there never seemed to be any joy in him as Spiderman. For Peter, regardless of all the added responsibility, Spidey's an escape. Web swinging should have been more fun without the overrought Danny Elfman gothic soundtrack. That's find for Bats but not Spidey. Hell, the Ramones would have been a better soundtrack (and more tied in with New York).

If this was about five years ago Nicholas Brendan (Xander from Buffy) would have been a far better choice.

Halle Berry in any of the comic movies was another poor choice (too bad Angela Basset wasn't younger).

SLJ
7/08/2004 9:17am,
I agree matt, except about them "capturing" the movement. He looks right out of a PS2 game, just rubbish. In fact the director didn't capture anything except the licence.

"Nicholas Brendan (Xander from Buffy) would have been a far better choice." - yep, he would have been better.

Raven
7/08/2004 9:58am,
Originally posted by Matt Bernius
Actually I tend to agree that Tobey was a poor choice. Or, perhaps directed poorly.

My big issue with the Spidey movies was that they captured his movement, but not his style. There was no banter in them at all. Perhaps a throw off line here or there. And there never seemed to be any joy in him as Spiderman. For Peter, regardless of all the added responsibility, Spidey's an escape. Web swinging should have been more fun without the overrought Danny Elfman gothic soundtrack. That's find for Bats but not Spidey. Hell, the Ramones would have been a better soundtrack (and more tied in with New York).

That's the post Todd Mcfarlane Spidey, the one I enjoy. They are going for the original.