PDA

View Full Version : Ninjustu and 7 other styles?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Depth
7/05/2004 11:59am,
A man named Steve Bennest operates three martial arts school in the Tacoma, WA area. I've never been a student of his. I don't know anyone that has. Nearly all the information I've gathered is from the internet. I stumbled across his web site and became curious about the odd nature of his claims. I'm bringing it to your attention because the large number of children and parents that may be being deceived by his claims.

Steve appears to have created a web or organizations, awards, and fancy titles all directly controlled or created by him. He then apparently uses these made-up organizations to give himself more awards and titles. He then uses these to entice parents and kids to sign up and pour money into his web of organizations.

This is one link to his web site. It's very confusing.
http://wakaratefed.homestead.com/karate2.html

This is a web site I found the partially exposes him.
http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies49a.htm

Just a few of the things I've discovered just from looking over his web site:

He claims
"Master Instructor for the USKKF" USKKF is "United States Karate Kung Fu Federation " An organization that he created.
"Master Instructor for the MAA" MAA is "Martial Arts Alumni Association". An organization that he apparantly created.
"Senior Chief Advisor for the USAMAI" I couldn't find any information about this organization.
"Senior Chief Instructor WKF" WKF is "Washington Karate Federation". An organization that he apparantly created.
"IDC Master Instructor" IDC is "Instructor Development Course". A course that he capparantly reated.
"Rank of "Lieutenant General" in Search & Rescue SAT-SAR. SAT-SAR is "Seattle-Tacoma Search & Rescue Training Unit". An organization he apparantly created.
"ESTF "A" Rescue Climbing & Rapelling Instructor". ESTF is "Eiger Sanction Mountaineering Task Force". An organization that he apparantly created.

The list goes on and on and on.

What disturbs me is the apparent web of deceit. For example, at one point he advertises, "The Martial Arts Alumni Association is sponsoring another Training course this year ... This is sanctioned by the SAT-SAR Seattle-Tacoma Search & Rescue Training Unit and is put on by ESTF, The Eiger Sanction Mountaineering Task Force. Senior Chief Instructor is Lieutenant Colonel Steve A. Bennest and..." From: http://instructors.homestead.com/estf.html

He claims to be teaching students to be able to earn black belts in 7 different styles of martial arts. I could not find anything that qualifies him to make this claim.

I met Steve only once back in 1988. I walked into a school he had in Lakewood that supposedly taught kids to become a "Ninja". I thought this was curious so decided to find out what it was about. He invited me to participate in his class. I did so and was not impressed. He invited me to take part in his "advanced class". During this class, populated mostly by teenage boys in camouflage Ninja suits, he taught a knife defense technique that I'll never forget (or ever use!). When your opponent thrusts a knife at you, he taught his students to impale their hand upon the knife to make it useless for use against your vital organs! He told his students that the muscles in the hand will cramp up on their own, gripping the knife blade, rendering it useless against you. I walked out of his school and never thought about Steve Bennest again until seeing his web site just a couple weeks ago. I'm shocked to discover that he's still in business and possibly still teaching his students potentially dangerous things.

JKDChick
7/05/2004 1:05pm,
The ancient name of that knife defense is:

pleasesuemeami.

Sweet Zombie Jesus.

JKDChick
7/05/2004 1:11pm,
I just looked at that website.

These people must be destroyed.

johnbo
7/05/2004 1:34pm,
Originally posted by Depth
During this class, populated mostly by teenage boys in camouflage Ninja suits, he taught a knife defense technique that I'll never forget (or ever use!). When your opponent thrusts a knife at you, he taught his students to impale their hand upon the knife to make it useless for use against your vital organs! He told his students that the muscles in the hand will cramp up on their own, gripping the knife blade, rendering it useless against you

Well, if his students have any brains they run out of the door as soon as they hear **** like that.

Gezere
7/05/2004 2:43pm,
KOGA NINJUTSU KARATE!!!!!

nuff said If that doesn't make you run for the hills I don't know what will.

It funny how pple who want to be ninjas but don't want to find out what REAL ninjutsu is ALWAYS claim to be KOGA ninjas. Eventhough Ninjutsu from Koga has died out.

Hannibal
7/05/2004 7:04pm,
Right thats it.

No more threads about Ninjustsu, Bujinkan, Genbukan, whatever. Its all been discussed so many times before. If you want answers just use the search function.The administrators have to pull together and stop this.

Wounded Ronin
7/06/2004 12:20am,
Aha, but this isn't discussing ninjutsu in general. Instead, it is discussing a specific individual.

toothpaste100
7/06/2004 12:52am,
This site is a frieking joke. There is no way that guy could master all those arts and hold that many degrees unless he was being taught from the womb.

Originally posted by Hannibal
Right thats it.

No more threads about Ninjustsu, Bujinkan, Genbukan, whatever. Its all been discussed so many times before. If you want answers just use the search function.The administrators have to pull together and stop this.

What crawled up your vagina?

DuckofDeath
7/06/2004 12:56am,
I was disappointed not to find Dr. Jonathan Hemlock on the staff of the Eiger Sanction Mountaineering Task Force.

Ka-Bar
7/06/2004 2:54am,
Right thats it.

SHUT

UP

Ka-Bar
7/06/2004 2:59am,
This guy really cheeses me because our search and rescue teams are staffed of volunteers who undergo tons of rigorous training, for free, and volunteer their time. Same goes for the instructors who train them. The fact that this fat asshole is charging gullible idiots for "Certifications" that aren't worth the paper that they're printed is outrageous.

Vile
7/06/2004 6:08am,
Holyfuck even a MA neophyte should be able to see through that crap.
The HEAD instructor for their whole fucing federation (WKF) for Shotokan and Aikido is claiming a 1st dan in Aikido and a red belt in Shotokan. Aside from there being NO red belt in Shtokan, who the hell has a Shodan/Kohai as head fucking instructor.
And the head ninja is also a shodan. Can someone local PLEASE go and challenge these idiots? Why can't we get people this dumb in NZ?
The humour..... The tragedy knowing how many poor bastards are being taught this crap and paying through the nose for it.
Fuckit - I'll go one better and see if I can get my brother to contact a Shotokan guy over there to challenge Mr Bennest on his 10th Dan assertation.
I won't hold my breath, but then you never know....

manchuria
7/06/2004 6:19am,
Hannibal, I sure hope you wern't referring to asia in any way shape of form with that comment...

Matsufubu
7/06/2004 7:08am,
Right thats it.

Oh, yes sir, Mr. Site Director.

It's exposing a bullshido instructor, and is perfectly valid.

Matsufubu
7/06/2004 7:09am,
Originally posted by toothpaste100

What crawled up your vagina?

Veridian's cock, of course.

LolodesBois
7/06/2004 7:20am,
What puzzle me is how can a guy claim multiple computer degrees and have a site this lame ?