PDA

View Full Version : GUN CONTROL!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Sun Wukong
7/03/2004 11:36pm,
Let's see a vote: Who's for and Who's against?

I'm voting for Gun Control and I think the 2nd Amendment Needs it's own amendment. The constitution is only written in stone on statues; actually it's written on paper.

Antagony
7/03/2004 11:41pm,
Trollshido, kthxbye

vendain
7/03/2004 11:42pm,
Completely against it and here is one of the reasons why.

http://johnrlott.tripod.com/op-eds/NationalPost61504.html

punchingdummy
7/04/2004 7:08am,
Originally posted by chris_ketchens
Let's see a vote: Who's for and Who's against?

I'm voting for Gun Control and I think the 2nd Amendment Needs it's own amendment. The constitution is only written in stone on statues; actually it's written on paper.

The obvious question (which many gun control advocates fail to ask themselves) is WHY?

J-kid
7/04/2004 7:44am,
Destroy all guns and people will just go back to using swords.... its really simple....

CaptShady
7/04/2004 9:44am,
Originally posted by J-kid
Destroy all guns and people will just go back to using swords.... its really simple....

Okay, that's just dumb. When laws are made prohibiting things from us, then someone ALWAYS goes underground to provide it. If you destroyed all guns, people would fashion their own to sell blackmarket style. So only those who are willing to break the law would own guns.

Nid
7/04/2004 9:49am,
Trollshido, kthxbye

Deamo_Nangel
7/04/2004 11:32am,
Getting shot seems like a horrible horrible thing, until you think about the alternatives like say being hacked to death by axe or machette, then guns seem a little more human

LLL
7/04/2004 11:54am,
Guns don't kill people.
Retards with guns kill people.

-> Don't give guns to retards.

PizDoff
7/04/2004 11:55am,
You can't spray up the area with a knife! :D

Though I agree with Chris Rock, we need bullet control!

Edge
7/04/2004 11:57am,
Guns are for pussies, be a man and buy a katana.

jubei33
7/04/2004 12:00pm,
good post vendain.
In the US, we have this thing called the brady bill, which calls for regestration of weapons and the banning of 'assault-style' weapons (like the AK-47and its derivatives). these were sold in america under off-brand semiauto replicas and such. I heard a lot of stories growing up about how gangs use these semiauto rifles to do drivebys on defenseless school children in the park so this is why they were banned. This seems like a pretty good idea and an effective solution to keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, however,
When I was looking to buy a rifle a while back something really surprised me: fully automatic weapons are legal to own and fire. I went to a store (Aumiller guns in worthington, OH--great selection BTW) and this guy had an impressive arsenal of automatic weapons. So of course I was like: "How is this legal with the brady bill and all!?" he told me that the brady bill really doesn't do anything except require regestering firearms, which is good, but the bad thing it does is limit people's choices.
I have never been supportive of the argument that these weapons can't be used for hunting so people shouldn't be permited to own them. Lot's of people buy them to collect them and to enjoy firing them. Its a personal preference; some gun owners like a colt .45 a1911, some like a full auto H&K mp5. Unless your robbing banks or shoting people with them its noone else's business what your using them for.
On the flip side, I do think that the regestration of firearms is a valuable tool for Crime prevention and such. Currently, it takes almost a year to get through the ATF's background process for automatics. This is good, IMO

Nid
7/04/2004 12:15pm,
That's not what the Brady bill does.

Nid
7/04/2004 12:17pm,
Who here can get a narcotic in 3 phone calls or less?

::raises hand::

Wounded Ronin
7/04/2004 12:19pm,
The term "assault weapon" as defined by current law is sort of weird and dosen't actually have much to do with the orignal concept of an "assault rifle" as opposed to a real manly WWII military rifle that could fire a .30-.06.

Incidentally, as much as I'm a wacky left-winger, I'm afraid I have to say that most liberals are totally full of **** when it comes to gun control because they have all these ideas about how to legislate guns while most of them know very little about guns and combat shooting in the first place.

Little Idea
7/04/2004 12:20pm,
Originally posted by jubei33
On the flip side, I do think that the regestration of firearms is a valuable tool for Crime prevention and such.

You and the Nazi party